Author Topic: Trump says he’ll be questioned in New York investigation into finances  (Read 7091 times)

Offline goatprairie

I would be saying that is good advice.
No you wouldn't...you'd be laughing at them and ripping them a new one. You'd be calling them cowards and guilty for not answering questions.
You probably applauded Trump six years ago when he said only guilty people took the fifth.
But now that Trump did it, IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!
But it ain't different. It's Trump doing it. Now the goalposts have been moved for Trump.

Offline goatprairie

Did Trump actually say that?  Or are you simply projecting that on him in order to produce a false account of what he actually said just like Democrats do?
Videos are available. Check them out.

Offline goatprairie

But no worries @goatprairie   ----- you got him now.   88devil
Trump has slipped out of too many similar situations to say that. But there's always hope.

Online Right_in_Virginia

You are correct, he has been very fortunate to have a majority in both Houses, but he has also taken full advantage of that.  He has made some pretty bold moves and decisions. 

DeSantis has taken no risk beyond the safety net of his legisature.  I'm not convinced this meets the definition of "bold"  ---  "bold" requires battle scars.

Offline goatprairie

Since @goatprairie doesn't seem to have any answers for us, I would like to review the statement that Trump made at an Iowa campaign rally in 2016:

“So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment. Like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

To put this into context, the five people he was referring to were all Hillary Clinton staffers.  They were not subjects of the investigation.  They weren't being questioned for their own guilt, but were simply witnesses to what Hillary had done.  So they legitimately had no reason to plead the fifth because Amendment V protects against self-incrimination only.  So clearly, they were fearful of testifying against Hillary, just as a mob member would be afraid to testify against a mob leader. 

That is the context of Trump's statement.  So in the future, can we refrain from posting DU bullshit on this board?
I don't have any answers for you????!!! :facepalm2:
Six years ago Trump made a public statement available on video that people who took the fifth were most likely guilty or why would they take the fifth?
Now Trump takes the fifth, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT FOR TRUMP!!!!
Stop with the hypocrisy.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump has slipped out of too many similar situations to say that. But there's always hope.

Thanks for the preview of the Biden regime's next taking point.  Who says it isn't helpful to have someone on the inside?   :laugh:

Offline goatprairie

Thanks for the preview of the Biden regime's next taking point.  Who says it isn't helpful to have someone on the inside?   :laugh:
As awful as Biden's presidency has been so far, he beats Trump in the polls. What does that tell you about Trump's chances?
He's got the base, but that's about it.
 DeSantis is not tainted like Trump. Let's get behind a winner who won't shoot himself in the foot and turn off people needlessly.

Online libertybele

As awful as Biden's presidency has been so far, he beats Trump in the polls. What does that tell you about Trump's chances?
He's got the base, but that's about it.
 DeSantis is not tainted like Trump. Let's get behind a winner who won't shoot himself in the foot and turn off people needlessly.

???? .... and you believe in polls why???  Next, you'll be telling me that the election wasn't stolen.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

???? .... and you believe in polls why???  Next, you'll be telling me that the election wasn't stolen.  :shrug:
Polls accurately predicted Trump in range for beating Clinton in 2016. They also accurately predicted him getting beat by Biden in 2020.
Pollsters who are regularly off in their predictions don't get hired. Their business relies on them being accurate.

Online libertybele

DeSantis has taken no risk beyond the safety net of his legisature.  I'm not convinced this meets the definition of "bold"  ---  "bold" requires battle scars.

I'll give you that one.  My concern is that they MSM is promoting the idea that DeSantis is going to run in '24. If Trump runs and DeSantis decides to run it will split the GOP in half and hand the election over to the DEMS  (provided that there's even going to be an election which I am doubtful).

Selfishly I want DeSantis to stay on as governor.  I also am hoping that Trump will run again, but I'm not counting on it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

No you wouldn't...you'd be laughing at them and ripping them a new one. You'd be calling them cowards and guilty for not answering questions.

Absolutely not true.  I was the one saying that Clinton was stupid to challenge the Paula Jones suit because it forced him to testify.  When the police tell you that you have the right to remain silent, it is the best advice that you will ever receive.  And I mean that.

You probably applauded Trump six years ago when he said only guilty people took the fifth.

Six years ago, I was a Ted Cruz supporter getting zotted from TOS.  And you may want to go back and read what Trump actually said, because your statement here is not an accurate representation of it.

But now that Trump did it, IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!

No, I abhor double standards.

But it ain't different. It's Trump doing it. Now the goalposts have been moved for Trump.

Again, you could not be more wrong here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Videos are available. Check them out.

I did.  I even reposted them for you verbatim.  And I am having a difficult time reconciling the words that Trump uttered with the claims you are making about what he said.  So who should I believe?  Trump's own words?  Or your rendition of Trump's words pulled from some Trump attack article?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Polls accurately predicted Trump in range for beating Clinton in 2016. They also accurately predicted him getting beat by Biden in 2020.
Pollsters who are regularly off in their predictions don't get hired. Their business relies on them being accurate.

Ok.  You keep thinking that.  Polls are never set up to sway an agenda. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Hoodat

I don't have any answers for you????!!! :facepalm2:
Six years ago Trump made a public statement available on video that people who took the fifth were most likely guilty or why would they take the fifth?

And here are those exact words:

“So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment. Like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Nowhere in that does Trump say that the people taking the fifth (WHO WERE NOT TARGETS OF THE INVESTIGATION) were guilty.  Nowhere.  Did you even read what I said?  I explained this to you clearly.

Now Trump takes the fifth, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT FOR TRUMP!!!!

Trump is the target of an investigation.  It isn't the first time Trump has taken the fifth either.  But then for you to know that, you would have to do actual research.  And that may prove more difficult than copying and pasting from left-wing websites.

Stop with the hypocrisy.

Show me where I am being hypocritical, @goatprairie .  And do it by something I have actually done, not by lies you invent about what I did six years ago.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Polls are never set up to sway an agenda. *****rollingeyes*****

Polls are set up to gauge the effectiveness of left-wing media efforts.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

And here are those exact words:

Nowhere in that does Trump say that the people taking the fifth (WHO WERE NOT TARGETS OF THE INVESTIGATION) were guilty.  Nowhere.  Did you even read what I said?  I explained this to you clearly.

Trump is the target of an investigation.  It isn't the first time Trump has taken the fifth either.  But then for you to know that, you would have to do actual research.  And that may prove more difficult than copying and pasting from left-wing websites.

Show me where I am being hypocritical, @goatprairie .  And do it by something I have actually done, not by lies you invent about what I did six years ago.
Hey, if you want to think Trump is somehow different from the other people who take the fifth, go right ahead. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.
He said what he said. Stop with the excuses.

Offline goatprairie

From Reason magazine:

"Donald Trump Pleads the 5th After Years of Saying Only Guilty People Do That
The former president may be a hypocrite, but at least he knows his own rights."

Offline Hoodat

Hey, if you want to think Trump is somehow different from the other people who take the fifth

I don't.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.

It's not a matter of arguing with me.  It's a matter of you showing me any time that I said something different for anyone else.  And the bottom line here is you can't.  So the correct course of action for you would be to admit your mistake and move on.  But I am betting that you lack the integrity to do so.

He said what he said.

And I posted it for you, verbatim.  Yet you continue to cling tightly to a false narrative of what he said.  Why is that?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

Reason:

"The invocation marked a notable break from Trump's previous thoughts on taking the Fifth, most notably during the 2016 campaign: During a presidential debate against Hillary Clinton, he called it "disgraceful" that members of her staff had refused to testify before congressional committees investigating Clinton's use of a private email server. Days later, he told a rally crowd, "The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Offline goatprairie

I don't.

It's not a matter of arguing with me.  It's a matter of you showing me any time that I said something different for anyone else.  And the bottom line here is you can't.  So the correct course of action for you would be to admit your mistake and move on.  But I am betting that you lack the integrity to do so.

And I posted it for you, verbatim.  Yet you continue to cling tightly to a false narrative of what he said.  Why is that?
I give up.   Believe what you want to believe.  ***suicide***

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Now just be honest...what if this were HRC, Biden, Obama, or any of number of Dem pols who said what Trump said six years ago and then took the fifth when put on the stand?
You be laughing hysterically  and ripping them a new one, wouldn't you?
But since it's Trump you give him a pass.
Why?

When is the last time the band of criminals you cited answer a question honestly?  They can lie, and since not under some judical witch hunt, can lie with impunity.  Trump, OTOH, the subject of that witch hunt does not have that luxury.

Furthermore, if you have been watching the prvevious witch hunts, it is not beyond his political enemies to plant evidence.

If you can't understand that, I can't help you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:41:16 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

The major polling firms are accurate—as Election Day nears. But, in the months and sometimes the years in advance of an election they under sample R’s and over sample D’s, among other nefarious tricks they use to shape the numbers. Everyone knows that. They’re called push polls, and what they hope to do is move opinion, not reflect it.

But, you’re right. If they want to get hired again they damn sure better be accurate in the few days and hours before an election (because that’s when their reputations are made).

Offline Hoodat

Reason:

"The invocation marked a notable break from Trump's previous thoughts on taking the Fifth, most notably during the 2016 campaign: During a presidential debate against Hillary Clinton, he called it "disgraceful" that members of her staff had refused to testify before congressional committees investigating Clinton's use of a private email server. Days later, he told a rally crowd, "The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

For the third time now, the Clinton staffers were not the target of the investigation.  They were covering for Hillary.  Hence, it was not a self-incrimination issue.  In Trump's case, he is the target of the investigation.  This is a completely different context.

And also for the third time now, Trump does not imply that the staffers pleading the fifth are guilty.  This obvious fact has been pointed out to you again and again.  Yet you still cling tightly to your false narrative.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I give up.   Believe what you want to believe.  ***suicide***

So you do lack the integrity.  Got it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
DeSantis has taken no risk beyond the safety net of his legisature. I'm not convinced this meets the definition of "bold"  ---  "bold" requires battle scars.

@Right_in_Virginia 

True,but that is hardly  HIS "fault",and framing it that way ALMOST seems like a cheap shot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!