Author Topic: Trump says he’ll be questioned in New York investigation into finances  (Read 7022 times)

Offline verga

@goatprairie

Trump is in your head while you lay sleeping,isn't he?
Once again, it's sa good thing I was not drinking when I read this post.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm hoping Ron DeSantis will run in 2024.

@DefiantMassRINO

Good answer,but I am not sure I believe you,or that DeSantis would want you for a supporter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Once again, it's sa good thing I was not drinking when I read this post.

88devil

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'll let Ron DeSantis speak for himself.

My vote and my money is just as good as anyone else's.

Since I'm being challenged on my conservative street cred, I voted for Pat Buchanan in the 1992 Republican Primaries.  Is that conservative enough for you?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Duhhhh!

Ain't that kinda the whole purpose of this dog and pony show?

Offline Kamaji

So he was lying six years ago when he was slamming people who took the fifth and the crowds were cheering him?

More likely, he was making the same common misconception about the 5th Amendment rights that a lot of people make.  He has now seen the error of that misconception.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

My vote and my money is just as good as anyone else's.

Since I'm being challenged on my conservative street cred, I voted for Pat Buchanan in the 1992 Republican Primaries.  Is that conservative enough for you?

@DefiantMassRINO

No. He was and is nothing less than a clown.

@Right_in_Virginia

Why would you have ever thought that? It was the RINO's,working with their Dim communist brothers,that got us into the mess we are in now.

Oops..... forgot to add the sarcasm tag @sneakypete    :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oops..... forgot to add the sarcasm tag @sneakypete    :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

My apologies. Should have been added right after the "Hooda thunk it?"

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

My support was for DeSantis until this week.  What happened at Marlago has galvanized the fact the swamp has to be torched, and bleached.    Apparently only one man has the stomach for that.

As much as I admire DeSantis, and hope he eventually becomes POTUS,  we are now at war.  I am not a 100% sure DeSantis, or Cotton for that matter will go squishy when it becomes crunch time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

My support was for DeSantis until this week.  What happened at Marlago has galvanized the fact the swamp has to be torched, and bleached.    Apparently only one man has the stomach for that.

As much as I admire DeSantis, and hope he eventually becomes POTUS,  we are now at war.  I am not a 100% sure DeSantis, or Cotton for that matter will go squishy when it becomes crunch time.
@catfish1957 What did DeSantis do or not do, that you no longer support him? He has no control over the FBI.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957 What did DeSantis do or not do, that you no longer support him? He has no control over the FBI.

It's not what he (DeSantis) did or not did, it was the earthquake and scorched earth approach that the deep state is taking to not lose control this week

I will support DeSantis  in 2028, and if I am lucky to live that long 2032.

What has just happened in Marlago is a culmination of the fear that the swamp (long, wide, and deep) is so corrupt and entrenched, that the perps (which included GOP) are fearful of finally being exposed to the true level of corruption that is destroying us.

Right now,  those tier II candidates including DeSantis, Cotton, Cruz, Noem have not proven they have the gumption to lead us into what has evidently become a political war.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 07:44:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I freely admit to actually knowing next to nothing about DeSantis or his stands on anything,but given what I have read about some of the things he has done,I suspect he would make an excellent VP running mate for Trump.

I also admit that one of the reasons I tend to favor him is his relative youth. I think it is past time some of the geezers in DC go into retirement.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's not what he (DeSantis) did or not did, it was the earthquake and scorched earth approach that the deep state is taking to not lose control this week

What has just happened in Marlago is a culmination of the fear that the swamp (long, wide, and deep) is so corrupt and entrenched, that the perps (which included GOP) are fearful of finally being exposed to the true level of corruption that is destroying us.

Right now,  those tier II candidates including DeSantis, Cotton, Cruz, Noem have not proven they have the gumption to lead us into what has evidently become a political war.

@catfish1957

I honestly don't think the real damage some of these traitors have done to America will be exposed to the public during my life time because it might cause so much damage to public trust that it would lead to anarchy.

Some things just need some time to "age" before they are made public knowledge.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I just don't trust Cruz,and never will. I'm not happy about it,either. I consider him to probably be one of the smartest men in Pro Politics. Maybe even THE smartest.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
More likely, he was making the same common misconception about the 5th Amendment rights that a lot of people make.  He has now seen the error of that misconception.
And if the person in question wasn't so biased or hateful of Trump they would have acknowledged that Trump explained his reason for changing his opinion, which I would bet dollars to donuts they read but get off on stirring the pot.

Online Hoodat

And if the person in question wasn't so biased or hateful of Trump they would have acknowledged that Trump explained his reason for changing his opinion, which I would bet dollars to donuts they read but get off on stirring the pot.

Trump had a change of heart once he realized all the details of his legal proceedings were being illegally leaked to the Jan 6 committee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

Only if Trump doesn't.

I don't want to see the top two America First candidates splitting the base.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Perfect response!

It can't be said enough the 5th Amendment protects the innocent. Attorneys are very adept at manipulating words and in the process making the innocent seem guilty.

A good example would be an attorney reading a transcript where a girl was actually being seductive when she was saying no to a man's advances, but in reading the transcript it appears she was clearly saying NO! to any advances.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

All we know about DeSantis is he's a Trump wannabe who operates well when surrounded by the fortune of a solidly aligned legislature.   We don't know if he is a warrior  -----  or another career politician primed for swamp absorption.

Perfect response!

It can't be said enough the 5th Amendment protects the innocent. Attorneys are very adept at manipulating words and in the process making the innocent seem guilty.

Depositions are given under oath.  The enemy was prodding for a process crime.

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

Trump is in your head while you lay sleeping,isn't he?
Only when I'm sitting on the throne.

Offline goatprairie

:yowsa:

Offline libertybele

All we know about DeSantis is he's a Trump wannabe who operates well when surrounded by the fortune of a solidly aligned legislature.   We don't know if he is a warrior  -----  or another career politician primed for swamp absorption.

You are correct, he has been very fortunate to have a majority in both Houses, but he has also taken full advantage of that.  He has made some pretty bold moves and decisions.  I don't consider him a Trump wannabe, I consider him a conservative governor doing his job.

The liberals around here don't like him and blame the rising prices at the pump and in the stores on him (yes, I'm serious).  So in that aspect, I see that liberals not liking him as a positive.

He has commented that he has no plans to run in '24.  It's the media that's mostly pushing that idea.  He has a young family and he may not want to put them through the leftist mudslinging.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

If I asked you point blank, what were doing September 7, 2019 at 3:57 p.m. how would you answer?

Fishing like this is an infamous tactic of the criminal FBI and the DOJ.

The state of our federal law enforcement reminds me of a very iconic and funny point during the show "Breaking Bad"

'You don't want a criminal lawyer... you want a "criminal" lawyer,'
Now just be honest...what if this were HRC, Biden, Obama, or any of number of Dem pols who said what Trump said six years ago and then took the fifth when put on the stand?
You be laughing hysterically  and ripping them a new one, wouldn't you?
But since it's Trump you give him a pass.
Why?