Author Topic: GOP Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes election loss after voting to impeach Trump  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes election loss after voting to impeach Trump
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
 | August 09, 2022 08:43 PM

Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA) lost her seat to a Trump-endorsed GOP primary challenger, Army veteran Joe Kent, who edged her out for second place in the state's all-party primary after hammering the incumbent over a vote to impeach the former president.

She conceded in a statement Tuesday, saying, "I’m proud that I always told the truth, stuck to my principles, and did what I knew to be best for our country."

In last Tuesday's 3rd Congressional District primary, Herrera Beutler, a nearly 12-year incumbent, came in third place. Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez clinched a spot on the November ballot by coming in first, while Kent advanced to second place after a week of counting the votes.

Herrera Beutler was one of 10 pro-impeachment House Republicans and the third to lose her reelection bid, joining the ranks of Reps. Peter Meijer (R-MI) and Tom Rice (R-SC).

The district encompasses the southernmost portion of western and central Washington, across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.

Herrera Beutler's reelection bid was a test of whether a Republican who backed former President Donald Trump’s impeachment over his behavior surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol riots could survive reelection.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/jaime-herrera-loses-election-washington
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra