Author Topic: Report: Democrat State’s Attorney Slams Illinois’s Upcoming No Cash Bail Law – ‘It Will Destroy the  (Read 3958 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Democrat State’s Attorney Slams Illinois’s Upcoming No Cash Bail Law – ‘It Will Destroy the State’

Ethan Letkeman Aug 2022

A Democrat state’s attorney slammed legislation that will end cash bail in Illinois, claiming it will let hundreds of alleged criminals roam free.

While speaking at a recent event, Will County state’s attorney Jim Glasgow, who is a Democrat, criticized the Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today (SAFE-T) Act, detailing its potentially disastrous consequences. Under the legislation, up to 60 alleged murders could be set loose in his county, the Center Square reported.

“It will destroy the state of Illinois,” Glasgow stated. “I have 640 people in the Will County jail. All their bonds will be extinguished on Jan. 1, and 60 are charged with murder.”

https://twitter.com/DarrenBaileyIL/status/1557036509966082049

The SAFE-T act was signed by Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) in February 2021 after it passed through both Illinois state chambers and is slated to take effect in January 2023.

Besides ending cash bail in the state, the new law will also limit the use of force that police officers are permitted to use.

As Capitol News Illinois detailed:

If a suspect is attempting to escape, officers are only authorized to use deadly force if that person is likely to harm others and cannot be caught at a later time.

The law also requires police officers to wear body cameras and gives more power to state officials to determine who can become a law enforcement official in the state.

In May, Glasgow slammed another requirement in the SAFE-T Act that would require prosecutors to provide a hearing to suspects within 48 hours of their arrest to determine whether they should remain detained. The Will County state’s attorney noted the constraints it will pose for prosecutors when reviewing evidence for each case.

The SAFE-T Act has also been criticized by Republican gubernatorial nominee Darren Bailey, who says he will repeal the legislation if he is elected to office.

“The same so-called reform package makes it harder to charge murder accomplices and allows for anonymous and unsworn complaints to be filed against law enforcement officers,” said Bailey, according to WGN 9.

He slammed Pritzker and Democrat Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot for the increase in violent crime in both Chicago and the state by taking away tools for law enforcement officials to use against criminals.

“Unfortunately, Mayor Lightfoot, Governor J.B. Pritzker and the other elite radicals in our state see our police members as the enemy,” he said.

Bailey recently received an endorsement from the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police for his tough-on-crime stance.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/report-democrat-states-attorney-slams-illinoiss-upcoming-no-cash-bail-law-it-will-destroy-the-state/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I feel like crying...I am sick to my stomach...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

IL is going full New York on its citizens? yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time for the southern 85% of Illinois to secede from the north end.
Perhaps it can be called "West Indiana", or something...

Offline mountaineer

Kelly B
@kellykreads
New law in Illinois, effective Jan 1. This is pure insanity.

9:50 PM · Sep 3, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Time for the southern 85% of Illinois to secede from the north end.
Perhaps it can be called "West Indiana", or something...

More like Northern Kentucky. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Kelly B
@kellykreads
New law in Illinois, effective Jan 1. This is pure insanity.

9:50 PM · Sep 3, 2022

That’s nuts.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The only reason I can see for a law like that is to provoke people into defending themselves.

Which will, doubtless, be presented in the press as a 'wave of violence'.

I must note "illegal possession of a weapon" was not listed among the offenses for which the perp gets to walk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin Joe postulates:
"I must note "illegal possession of a weapon" was not listed among the offenses for which the perp gets to walk."

You left out a few words:
"White person in illegal possession of a weapon".
Others... no problemo!

Offline Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe postulates:
"I must note "illegal possession of a weapon" was not listed among the offenses for which the perp gets to walk."

You left out a few words:
"White person in illegal possession of a weapon".
Others... no problemo!
Well, if you USE it, you walk...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wel,ifn de crimnals ain't runnin round free,how dey spossed ta vote cum lection tyme?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

Wel,ifn de crimnals ain't runnin round free,how dey spossed ta vote cum lection tyme?
Like the dead, they'll vote Democrat. They don't have to be there.

C S Lewis