Author Topic: Rev. Al Sharpton Claims Bible and Religion Support Offers ‘Choice’ in Abortion  (Read 1301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rev. Al Sharpton Claims Bible and Religion Support Offers ‘Choice’ in Abortion

Joshua Klein 9 Aug 2022

The Bible is about “choice” when it comes to abortion, according to left-wing civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton, who argued that laws are not to be made to “compel” people against actions, while calling on Democrats to present the issue of abortion to the black community as a matter of valuing people’s choice to commit abortion, as opposed to one of direct support for the procedure.

Appearing on MSNBC’s Chris Jansing Reports on Thursday to discuss how abortion matters are received in minority communities, lifelong preacher and Democrat Al Sharpton used religion and the Bible to defend the pro-choice position.

https://twitter.com/alexchristy17/status/1555251083823431680

Asked how Democrats should feel about the “deeply held religious beliefs” playing into the black community’s views on abortion — “especially with older black voters,” Sharpton suggested that abortion be presented as a “choice” issue instead of one condoning the killing of a fetus, also known as feticide.

“I think that they must message it in a way that it is about choice,” he said. “It’s not about saying ‘I’m voting that I support abortion or not.’ It’s about ‘I support people having the right to choose.’”

Sharpton then attempted to paint the issue of abortion as one of mere safety.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/rev-al-sharpton-claims-bible-religion-support-choice-abortion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

NO, It most certainly does not.

Imagine using the concept of free will as a promotion of sin. You have the right to sin, according to this yahoo... Which would extend to virtually anything denounced in the Bible.

When in fact, the opposite is true. The entire Bible teaches to walk uprightly - To walk in Torah.
It does not sanction sin. Anywhere.

What it does offer is forgiveness in Yeshua, through repentance - Repentance, wherein you go and sin no more - And rejoin yourself in Messiah to walk in Torah.

Neither does that forgiveness celebrate the choices that lead to sin.

Sharpton is speaking lies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Imagine using the concept of free will as a promotion of sin. You have the right to sin, according to this yahoo... Which would extend to virtually anything denounced in the Bible.

When in fact, the opposite is true. The entire Bible teaches to walk uprightly - To walk in Torah.

What it does offer is forgiveness in Yeshua, through repentance - Repentance, wherein you go and sin no more - And rejoin yourself in Messiah to walk in Torah.

Neither does that forgiveness celebrate the choices that lead to sin.

Sharpton is speaking lies.

As usual!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

I could be wrong, but I thought he - like many Dems - used to oppose abortion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live

Deuteronomy 30:19
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?  Certainly not!

Romans 6:1-2
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Offer Sharpie 10 bucks more than the guy that bribed him to say this,and it would happen tomorrow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live

Deuteronomy 30:19

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?  Certainly not!

Romans 6:1-2

:beer:

Offline Kamaji