Author Topic: BREAKING: Appeals Court Rules Trump’s Tax Returns Must be Released to Congress  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Appeals Court Rules Trump’s Tax Returns Must be Released to Congress
By Cristina Laila
Published August 9, 2022 at 11:45am

The political persecution of Trump continues.

Just one day after the FBI raided Trump’s Florida residence, a court ruled that the former president’s tax returns must be released to the House Ways and Means Committee.

A panel for the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled 3-0 on Monday, upholding a prior decision by a federal judge.

Trump will likely take this fight to the Supreme Court.

CNBC reported:

Former President Donald Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to the House Ways and Means Committee, a federal appeals court panel said in a ruling Tuesday.

The 3-0 decision is the latest legal blow to Trump, who has repeatedly lost efforts in federal and state courts to shield his tax returns and business-related documents from various investigations.

The appeals panel said the House committee had the right under the law to obtain Trump’s tax records from the U.S. Treasury Department.

The decision upholds a prior decision, by a federal district court judge, which was issued in December.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/08/breaking-appeals-court-rules-trumps-tax-returns-must-released-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

When do we get to see the Biden family returns, or the Pelosi, Obama, and Clinton ones. What's that, When ell freezes over.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If it is NOT a requirement, then what is being done is against Trump's civil rights.  He is being discriminated, and it is wrong.

With each passing day, I believe strongly we are headed to civil war, and it will not be pretty.  Better start some preparation, because the roving bans of Democommie endorsed violent criminals will leave you dead.

Offline Idiot

BREAKING: Appeals Court Rules Trump’s Tax Returns Must be Released to Congress
By Cristina Laila
Published August 9, 2022 at 11:45am

The political persecution of Trump continues.

Just one day after the FBI raided Trump’s Florida residence, a court ruled that the former president’s tax returns must be released to the House Ways and Means Committee.

A panel for the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled 3-0 on Monday, upholding a prior decision by a federal judge.

Trump will likely take this fight to the Supreme Court.

CNBC reported:

Former President Donald Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to the House Ways and Means Committee, a federal appeals court panel said in a ruling Tuesday.

The 3-0 decision is the latest legal blow to Trump, who has repeatedly lost efforts in federal and state courts to shield his tax returns and business-related documents from various investigations.

The appeals panel said the House committee had the right under the law to obtain Trump’s tax records from the U.S. Treasury Department.

The decision upholds a prior decision, by a federal district court judge, which was issued in December.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/08/breaking-appeals-court-rules-trumps-tax-returns-must-released-congress/
Like the tax returns are going to make any difference.  If he cheated on his taxes or paid no taxes....oh well....   I'll still vote for him.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Like the tax returns are going to make any difference.  If he cheated on his taxes or paid no taxes....oh well....   I'll still vote for him.
If cheating on taxes were a disqualifier to holding office than I would have to believe that the vast majority of democrat, and a good number of republicans holding office are disqualified. I bet the best they can come up with after getting his returns is to slime him as having taken advantage of 'legal' loopholes which the poor proletariat are unable to........you know the very same loopholes that wealthy democrats do.

Offline cato potatoe

He might as well release his returns before the primaries.  Otherwise, they will just get leaked a month before the election. 

Offline mountaineer

Which other private citizen's tax records are being released to Congress, and why?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is a dangerous precedent.

Congress should not be reviewing individual tax returns.

The states can always add the requirement that candidates must provide redcated previous years' tax returns as a condition of being listed on that state's ballot.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is a dangerous precedent.

Congress should not be reviewing individual tax returns.

The states can always add the requirement that candidates must provide redcated previous years' tax returns as a condition of being listed on that state's ballot.
Wouldn't be just the sh!ts if the repubs took back all three branches, they will never get the unofficial fourth of the media, and started looking into the returns of Joe, Nancy, Schmucky and others? I mean the dems kind of set a precedent here.

Offline verga

Wouldn't be just the sh!ts if the repubs took back all three branches, they will never get the unofficial fourth of the media, and started looking into the returns of Joe, Nancy, Schmucky and others? I mean the dems kind of set a precedent here.
Your lips to God's ears.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Potato head rolled with:
"Like the tax returns are going to make any difference.  If he cheated on his taxes or paid no taxes....oh well....   I'll still vote for him."

Agreed.
Perhaps the other side believes that if they "discredit" him enough, his base will turn away.

Au contraire -- it will strengthen his support.