Author Topic: Pelosi: China Is a ‘Strong Democracy’ — ‘One of the Freest Societies in the World’  (Read 1105 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: China Is a ‘Strong Democracy’ — ‘One of the Freest Societies in the World’

Trent Baker 9 Aug 2022

Fresh off her tour of Asia, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) touted China as “one of the freest societies in the world.”

While speaking with NBC “Today” host Savannah Guthrie, Pelosi emphasized the importance of her bipartisan trip to Taiwan, that was met with threats from the Chinese Communist Party. The speaker also described China as a “strong democracy.”

“[Y]ou know what? Why don’t we just show China that we support Taiwan? It is part of the U.S. — the Taiwan Relations Act,” Pelosi stated. “We didn’t go there to change our policy. We still support the One China Policy. We go there to acknowledge the status quo is what our policy is. There was nothing disruptive about that. It was only about saying China is one of the freest societies in the world. Don’t take it from me. That’s from Freedom House.”

“It’s a strong democracy; courageous people,” she continued. “I don’t know why it is — except there’s some commercial interests who would like to diminish the relationship. But … tomorrow, we’ll have a press conference; you’ll hear from my other members about the pride we took in going there, the reception we received, the fact that the Chinese are going to do what they’re going to do. And just because … the president of China acts like a bully, has his own insecurities, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to have him do my — the schedule for members of Congress. Members of Congress can show their support for countries and democracies who are our friends. And according to the Taiwan Policy Act, Taiwan is our friend.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/09/pelosi-china-is-a-strong-democracy-one-of-the-freest-societies-in-the-world/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Pelosi: China Is a ‘Strong Democracy’ — ‘One of the Freest Societies in the World’

Trent Baker 9 Aug 2022

Fresh off her tour of Asia, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) touted China as “one of the freest societies in the world.”

While speaking with NBC “Today” host Savannah Guthrie, Pelosi emphasized the importance of her bipartisan trip to Taiwan, that was met with threats from the Chinese Communist Party. The speaker also described China as a “strong democracy.”

“[Y]ou know what? Why don’t we just show China that we support Taiwan? It is part of the U.S. — the Taiwan Relations Act,” Pelosi stated. “We didn’t go there to change our policy. We still support the One China Policy. We go there to acknowledge the status quo is what our policy is. There was nothing disruptive about that. It was only about saying China is one of the freest societies in the world. Don’t take it from me. That’s from Freedom House.”

“It’s a strong democracy; courageous people,” she continued. “I don’t know why it is — except there’s some commercial interests who would like to diminish the relationship. But … tomorrow, we’ll have a press conference; you’ll hear from my other members about the pride we took in going there, the reception we received, the fact that the Chinese are going to do what they’re going to do. And just because … the president of China acts like a bully, has his own insecurities, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to have him do my — the schedule for members of Congress. Members of Congress can show their support for countries and democracies who are our friends. And according to the Taiwan Policy Act, Taiwan is our friend.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/09/pelosi-china-is-a-strong-democracy-one-of-the-freest-societies-in-the-world/

The vodka is strong with this one.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Mr. Quisling tips his hat to you Nancy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Trent Baker 9 Aug 2022

:facepalm2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 Either The Mad Queen of Hearts is in as deep a state of dementia as Brandon or she just doesn't give a damn anymore who knows she is a paid agent of the chicoms. China a democracy :silly: one of the freest societies in the world :silly: :silly: :silly: this is even more idiotic than her digging on the beach as a child horseshit.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Well Biden handed over many Americas to radical America haters with the fall of Afghanistan, and with America and Xi working of co-vid together, and locking their people up in skyscrapers to starve, but prevent the spreading of co-vid.  As democrats want more and more of our Constitutional rights taken away, Joe might just think he has elevated China up enough, and brought America down much lower.  WOKE success!  Shut yo mouth!  and give up yo guns!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,according to the Fascists like her that now control the Dim Party and who are trying to "go global" by destroying America as an independent nation of free people,she is just saying what she really believes.

After all,slaves are free from the worry of being put out of work,paying for a place to live, paying doctors bills, paying expensive doctors bills,worrying about finding a parking space,going to the college of your choice,etc,etc,etc.

Your Lord and Masters,the goobermint,will take care of all of that for you.

You can count on them providing you with anything they think you need,peon!

I am sure many of you can add other examples because the list of "freedoms" you obtain in slavery seems to be endless.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The vodka is strong with this one.

@debrawiest

It's shrill lunatics like her that give alcoholics such a bad name.

Offline dfwgator

She's not alone

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Either The Mad Queen of Hearts is in as deep a state of dementia as Brandon or she just doesn't give a damn anymore who knows she is a paid agent of the chicoms. China a democracy :silly: one of the freest societies in the world :silly: :silly: :silly: this is even more idiotic than her digging on the beach as a child horseshit.

@GtHawk

Well,we can all be sure of one thing,"The deposit dun cleared the deposit in the off-shore bank!

I don't know about you,but I am happy just knowing they didn't offer to throw in another million or two if she would strip down buck-nekkid while before the cameras. It's hard to breathe and vomit at the same time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"THE DEPOSIT HAS CLEARED YOUR BANK!"

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Looks like nancy has perfected the clinton era Monica pose, and so virtuously!  Shes multi-talented to world leaders and the global rich!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions