Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy Considers Creation of Investigative Committee to Probe DOJ  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy Considers Creation of Investigative Committee to Probe DOJ

Wendell Husebø 9 Aug 2022

House minority leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is considering the creation of an investigative committee to probe the Justice Department and other weaponized agencies after the FBI reportedly raided former President Donald Trump’s estate of Mar-A-Lago on Monday.

“When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned,” McCarthy said in a statement. “Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar.”

When McCarthy was asked by Punchbowl News about what type of committee he would create upon likely retaking the House, he said he would confer with the Republican caucus. “I gotta talk to my members and see where we go,” McCarthy said. “We have to follow it wherever it goes.”

There are a couple of types of committees that McCarthy could erect. First, a select committee could be created and would exclude Democrats, similar to the Democrats’ partisan January 6 Committee. A select committee is a type of temporary committee created to conduct investigations or consider other measures on a specific topic. Second, McCarthy could run the investigation through existing bipartisan committees, such as the Judiciary or Oversight and Reform Committees.

Precedent suggests Republicans may form a committee like the Church Committee, “which investigated a broad range of governmental misconduct by intelligence agencies during the mid 1970s,” Punchbowl News reported.

“That select Senate panel, chaired by the late Sen. Frank Church (D-Idaho), was tasked with looking into ‘illegal, improper or unethical activities’ by any government agency.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/kevin-mccarthy-considers-creation-of-investigative-committee-to-probe-doj/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Considers.

Translation: Ain't gonna happen.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Don't worry, Kevin, Inspector Clousseau is on the case ...

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Don't worry, Kevin, Inspector Clousseau is on the case ...

Right; the RINO's and DEMS are going to be investigating themselves. Much like Sessions appointing Mueller and Rosenstein to investigate Russian collusion.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Why not just hire Trey Gowdy out of retirement. /s

That's the results and effort we'll get.  Hell with this Kabuki theatre.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

McCarthy is salivating at the thought of being the next Speaker.  I remember after the election was stolen he met with Trump at Mar a Lago -- I wonder what that entailed?? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

So Merrick Garland tagging parents showing up at school board meetings as domestic terrorist wasn’t enough for McCarthy?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:17:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

We need less RINOs not more.