Author Topic: GOP Loses Lead In Generic-Ballot Polls As Midterms Approach  (Read 531 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Loses Lead In Generic-Ballot Polls As Midterms Approach
« on: August 09, 2022, 01:25:30 pm »
GOP Loses Lead In Generic-Ballot Polls As Midterms Approach

Carl DeMarco
Contributor
August 08, 2022 3:53 PM ET

The Republican Party appears to have lost its lead over the Democrats on the generic congressional ballot, according to FiveThirtyEight.

For almost a year, the GOP led the Democrats on the generic ballot in polls, but since late June the Democrats have been steadily gaining steam. Both parties are now virtually tied, according to FiveThirtyEight.

Seven out of the past ten polls conducted that asked voters who they would support found that they seemed to be favoring the Democrats. Generic-ballot polls ask the respondent which party they plan on voting for without naming specific candidates.

Republicans had a 4% lead over the Democrats on the generic ballot, according to a poll conducted by Data for Progress, while a poll sponsored by Reuters gave the Democrats a 2% lead. The two separate polls were published on Aug. 3 and asked voters who they would vote for if the election was held today.

However, one expert is skeptical of this new development, questioning the polls’ accuracy and the political motivation behind them. A late July poll found that Republicans lead on the generic ballot 48% to 43%, Jim McLaughlin, a partner at the McLaughlin & Associates firm that conducted the poll, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

McLaughlin also argued that the polls and the media are playing the same game they did in 2016 and 2020 by undersampling Republicans and various demographics that lean towards the GOP in order to make it appear that the Democrats are ahead.

McLaughlin pointed out that during their latest national poll, they found that almost 84% of Americans are struggling financially and feel the economy is the biggest issue for them this election. He also noted that undecided voters overwhelmingly disapprove of the Biden administration and its policy agenda, and have been gravitating towards the GOP.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/08/americans-are-unsure-on-who-they-want-to-win-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP Loses Lead In Generic-Ballot Polls As Midterms Approach
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »
Among Polls with no value, the Generic polls are the most worthless.  There's no "Generic" on any ballot so it's a meaningless exercise.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 04:58:01 pm »
These polls, if they are real, aren't free.  Someone spent money for a purpose.

It could be a GOP poll to scare Republicans out of complacency and fundraise. (Watchout!  The evil Dems are catching up!  Please send money.)

It could be a Dem poll to rally Dems out of despair and fundraise.  (Yeah!  We're catching up!  Please send money.)

It could also be a political fundraising firm, that takes a cut of the fundraising box office, ginning up more busine$$ for themselves.

These polls are not meant to inform us.  They are meant to manipulate us into action, mainly to donate more money.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 05:05:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 05:03:03 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 05:30:37 pm »
Among Polls with no value, the Generic polls are the most worthless.  There's no "Generic" on any ballot so it's a meaningless exercise.

888high58888

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 05:47:44 pm »

Pretty much. And I figure of people want to vote this Congress back in, they deserve what they get. The rest of us go Galt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 08:40:04 pm »
Pretty much. And I figure of people want to vote this Congress back in, they deserve what they get. The rest of us go Galt.

There's an Arroyo behind my Castillo, I think I'll name it Galt's Gulch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 09:41:16 pm »
The Party needs to prepare the masses before putting its underground election apparatus into operation to control the 2022 midterms in the critical races...