Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 57692 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #625 on: August 09, 2022, 11:57:55 pm »
Alyssa Farah Griffin: DOJ May Have Just ‘Handed’ Trump the Presidency in 2024 with FBI Raid

Former Trump White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said on Tuesday on CNN’s “New Day” that the Department of Justice may have “handed” Donald Trump the Republican nomination and the presidency in 2024 with the Monday night FBI raid of his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, FL.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/09/alyssa-farah-griffin-doj-may-have-just-handed-trump-the-presidency-in-2024-with-fbi-raid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #626 on: August 10, 2022, 12:00:00 am »
I believe McConnell and Graham told Biden to do it.  The Republican Establishment is freaked out by what happened in Arizona and by Cheney's poll numbers in Wyoming,  they see the party slipping from their grasp.

@dfwgator

You may well be right on that one. Both of those parasites have strings pulled by the DNC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #627 on: August 10, 2022, 12:22:23 am »
 888mouth

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #628 on: August 10, 2022, 12:24:04 am »
Rep. Mike Turner, top Republican on House Intelligence, sends FBI Director Christopher Wray a preservation request for:

- Court filings used for Mar-a-Lago search warrant
- Communications between National Archives and DOJ
- Documents seized from Mar-a-Lago pic.twitter.com/ouvDXZBoVi— Andrew Solender (@AndrewSolender) August 9, 2022

Online Kamaji

« Reply #629 on: August 10, 2022, 12:27:57 am »
Exclusive — Sen. John Cornyn on Reported Reason for Trump Raid: ‘Thin Gruel’

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) thinks that the reported reason for the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s personal residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is “thin gruel.”

Matthew Boyle9 Aug 2022Washington, DC0

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) thinks that the reported reason for the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s personal residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is “thin gruel,” his spokesman told Breitbart News, adding that he backs other Republican calls for an immediate investigation into Attorney General Merrick Garland on the matter.

The publicly reported reason for the raid, which Cornyn believes is “thin gruel,” is Trump duking it out with the National Archives over presidential records he supposedly took to Mar-a-Lago upon leaving the White House. The fact that the FBI raided his personal residence and broke into his safe—which was, according to his son Eric Trump, empty when agents opened it—is a significant escalation for a process fight over document sharing and preservation.

Cornyn’s spokesman, Drew Brandewie, told Breitbart News that the Texas Republican backs House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy’s announcement that Garland is under investigation for the matter.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/exclusive-sen-john-cornyn-on-reported-reason-for-trump-raid-thin-gruel/

Talk about thin gruel.  How about impeaching Garland?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #630 on: August 10, 2022, 12:33:06 am »
Technically, the states, or representatives of the states? Republican legislators are not the state. The legislature moving en-toto is the state.

States.  Not all were California-types.  All were denied Standing and it was frustrating as Hell.  Just like when they denied Standing to TX in December, 2020.

The SCOTUS cannot be trusted when it comes to election law.  Especially with Democrat John Roberts at the helm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #631 on: August 10, 2022, 12:38:12 am »
August 9, 2022 7:33pm EDT
FBI would not let Trump attorneys in rooms as agents raided Mar-a-Lago, warrant focused on NARA: source
'There is no need for any of this,' a source told Fox News.

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

FBI agents would not allow Trump lawyers watch as they raided former President Trump’s private home at Mar-a-Lago early Monday morning, a source told Fox News.

Trump was in New York City while his home in Palm Beach, Florida, was raided.

A source familiar with the raid told Fox News the warrant for the raid was related to the National Archives and Records Administration effort to collect records and materials the former president took with him from Washington, D.C., to Mar-a-Lago.

"This was a NARA issue," the source close to the former president told Fox News, adding Trump has been "cooperating."

"There is no need for any of this," the source said, adding the FBI "wouldn’t let the attorneys come in to watch the raid. They told them to leave."

The source told Fox News that when NARA visited Mar-a-Lago in February, Trump and his team "gave them what they wanted."

"It was all provided to them," the source said. "This is absurd."

Another source told Fox News negotiations and communications "never broke down."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-would-not-let-trump-attorneys-agents-raided-mar-a-lago-warrant-nara
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #632 on: August 10, 2022, 12:43:29 am »
States.  Not all were California-types.  All were denied Standing and it was frustrating as Hell.  Just like when they denied Standing to TX in December, 2020.

The SCOTUS cannot be trusted when it comes to election law.  Especially with Democrat John Roberts at the helm.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #633 on: August 10, 2022, 12:46:02 am »
It is unclear when negotiations exactly deteriorated.

Negotiations deteriorated the moment it became clear that DOJ investigators leaked their findings to the Jan 6 Committee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #634 on: August 10, 2022, 12:46:08 am »
August 9, 2022 7:33pm EDT
FBI would not let Trump attorneys in rooms as agents raided Mar-a-Lago, warrant focused on NARA: source
'There is no need for any of this,' a source told Fox News.

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

FBI agents would not allow Trump lawyers watch as they raided former President Trump’s private home at Mar-a-Lago early Monday morning, a source told Fox News.

Trump was in New York City while his home in Palm Beach, Florida, was raided.

A source familiar with the raid told Fox News the warrant for the raid was related to the National Archives and Records Administration effort to collect records and materials the former president took with him from Washington, D.C., to Mar-a-Lago.

"This was a NARA issue," the source close to the former president told Fox News, adding Trump has been "cooperating."

"There is no need for any of this," the source said, adding the FBI "wouldn’t let the attorneys come in to watch the raid. They told them to leave."

The source told Fox News that when NARA visited Mar-a-Lago in February, Trump and his team "gave them what they wanted."

"It was all provided to them," the source said. "This is absurd."

Another source told Fox News negotiations and communications "never broke down."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-would-not-let-trump-attorneys-agents-raided-mar-a-lago-warrant-nara

In short, they violated president Trump's civil rights!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #635 on: August 10, 2022, 12:48:58 am »
Trump Attorney on Mar-a-Lago Raid: DOJ, FBI Use ‘Guise’ of ‘National Security’ to ‘Hide Things from the Public’

Christina Bobb, one of former President Donald Trump’s attorneys, said on Tuesday that the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are using the “guise” of “national security” to evade public transparency regarding its execution of a raid on the 45th president’s private residence at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/09/trump-attorney-mar-a-lago-raid-doj-fbi-using-guise-national-security-hide-things/
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #636 on: August 10, 2022, 12:54:55 am »
Yes, if a court actually gives Trump Standing.

The decision to put Trump's name on the ballot resides with each State.  The Courts have already established a precedent on that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #637 on: August 10, 2022, 12:58:02 am »
I would hope so, but that hope is under serious strain with previous SCOTUS rulings.  They would not give standing to actual Electoral College Electors when the question of O'Bastard's eligibility came up after 2008.  Folks who were the very people casting the votes to elect a President were deemed as not needing to know if the Nominee for whom they were voting was eligible under the Constitution's requirement for a Natural Born Citizen.

Another way of reading that is that the selection of electors resides with the State and not with some judge saying that Trump can't have electors because of some National Archives statute.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #638 on: August 10, 2022, 12:59:05 am »
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld advised those who feel anger toward the FBI's raid on former President Trump's residence to look at this "soberly" because the press wants you to react angrily as a form of a "setup."

GREG GUTFELD: Well, I get it. I mean, ratings. I mean, if we went on The Five and said, we don't know, this show would be dead. So we are in the world of speculation, so are they. However, their speculation, always wrong. Walls are closing in. Tick, tick, tick. Boom. This is it. It's worse than Watergate. And then it goes away. But they're reelecting him, by the way, just by the way they're talking. But the one thing – some advice to the people at home is you could be really pissed off at this, but you have to have fun with it, too, because the press wants you to react angrily, because that's the second bite to this apple. They're already doing pieces about pro-Trump message boards, you know, enraged. Surely there's going to be another January 6th. There's going to be, you know, you know, gangs of people in red hats causing problems. So you want to take that away from them. You want to look at this, you know, soberly and have fun with it. They want an excuse to track down more Republicans and people in red hats, and you don't want to give it to them. So I think that's a setup.
Support the USO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #639 on: August 10, 2022, 01:12:43 am »
Technically, the states, or representatives of the states? Republican legislators are not the state. The legislature moving en-toto is the state.
Where do you get that idea that a state is only comprised of its legislature?  Is that somewhere within the US constitution or any state constitution? 

States have representation in many different areas from legislative, judicial, administrative and most certainly by their Attorney Generals when it comes to raising judicial issues on behalf of a state to the federal government.

Texas, as supported by 20 other states absolutely had standing in Texas vs Pennsylvania.  Are you saying that it did not because only the legislature can represent the state?  If so, that is false.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #640 on: August 10, 2022, 01:23:12 am »
Hannity just had a lengthy segment with Marco Rubio.

I wanted to puke!  Pontificating POS who backstabbed Pres. Trump on multiple occasions
...even as he welcomed the POTUS and First Lady on the Capitol  Terrace acting like some bleeping tour guide.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #641 on: August 10, 2022, 01:28:37 am »
They rummaged through Melania's clothing. Weirdos.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #642 on: August 10, 2022, 01:35:10 am »
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld advised those who feel anger toward the FBI's raid on former President Trump's residence to look at this "soberly" because the press wants you to react angrily as a form of a "setup."

GREG GUTFELD: Well, I get it. I mean, ratings. I mean, if we went on The Five and said, we don't know, this show would be dead. So we are in the world of speculation, so are they. However, their speculation, always wrong. Walls are closing in. Tick, tick, tick. Boom. This is it. It's worse than Watergate. And then it goes away. But they're reelecting him, by the way, just by the way they're talking. But the one thing – some advice to the people at home is you could be really pissed off at this, but you have to have fun with it, too, because the press wants you to react angrily, because that's the second bite to this apple. They're already doing pieces about pro-Trump message boards, you know, enraged. Surely there's going to be another January 6th. There's going to be, you know, you know, gangs of people in red hats causing problems. So you want to take that away from them. You want to look at this, you know, soberly and have fun with it. They want an excuse to track down more Republicans and people in red hats, and you don't want to give it to them. So I think that's a setup.

....hmmm..... Well, personally, I am not angry but very alarmed by what has happened.  Raiding a past president's home has never happened, and I can't forget the bogus accusations of Russian collusion, 1st impeachment, 2nd impeachment and a stolen election. 

On top of all of that, we are experiencing the destruction that Joe has caused to our country; energy dependence, the crisis at our border, inflation, empty shelves, and now this. What is the World thinking as they watch things unfold? I feel our enemies are chomping at the bit and I believe that a takeover of our country is imminent.

I've pretty much lived my life, but I am extremely concerned for my children, grandchildren and great-grand child.

I am devastated. Along with other Briefers I am absolutely sickened by what has happened to our Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #643 on: August 10, 2022, 01:37:25 am »
Mr. Trump needs to quit soft-stepping around as to whether he is or is not going to be running in 2024.

Declare his candidacy now. This will make further attempts to harass and discredit him appear for what they are -- political prosecution, and nothing more.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #644 on: August 10, 2022, 01:43:57 am »
Mr. Trump needs to quit soft-stepping around as to whether he is or is not going to be running in 2024.

Declare his candidacy now. This will make further attempts to harass and discredit him appear for what they are -- political prosecution, and nothing more.

I agree...just say it already Trump....and assume battle stations....just do it!
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #645 on: August 10, 2022, 01:48:34 am »
They rummaged through Melania's clothing. Weirdos.

Biden demanded a sniff report.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #646 on: August 10, 2022, 01:51:22 am »
He's upset he couldn't participate, at least when it came to her underwear drawer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #647 on: August 10, 2022, 01:58:31 am »

C'mon guys, Melania is way, WAY too old for Old Sniffy.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #648 on: August 10, 2022, 02:42:46 am »
Where do you get that idea that a state is only comprised of its legislature?  Is that somewhere within the US constitution or any state constitution?

That was merely an example.

Texas, as supported by 20 other states absolutely had standing in Texas vs Pennsylvania.  Are you saying that it did not because only the legislature can represent the state?  If so, that is false.

No, they most certainly did not.

For the very same reason that California or New York have no business in how Montana runs itself or how it decides to define votes. And thank God for that!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #649 on: August 10, 2022, 03:26:07 am »

That was merely an example.

No, they most certainly did not.

For the very same reason that California or New York have no business in how Montana runs itself or how it decides to define votes. And thank God for that!

I'm sorry my friend but you are just flat out wrong on this one! @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien