Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 57523 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #1025 on: August 12, 2022, 02:00:32 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1027 on: August 12, 2022, 02:14:01 pm »
Observations on the Mar-a-Lago Raid

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/08/observations-on-the-mir-a-lago-raid.php

There is much to be said about the FBI’s raid on Donald Trump’s home. I won’t try to say it all here. These are a few observations, based on what we know currently:

* To get a search warrant, you have to identify a crime that has been committed, and explain how evidence you are looking for is relevant to that crime. At this point, we don’t know what purported crime was the basis for the Mar-a-Lago search warrant.

----

* The DOJ, in its many press leaks, mostly to its in-house media organ the New York Times, keeps talking about classified information. This is because no penalty attaches to violation of the Presidential Records Act. The Biden administration has to allege the commission of a crime, and that most likely explains its references to classified information.

* I have no idea whether classified information is included in the 15 boxes that Trump has in his basement or not. It wouldn’t be surprising. The serious criminal statutes on classified information relate to passing it on to, say, the Russians or Chinese. As far as we know, there is no suggestion that Trump gave classified information to anyone. He was perfectly entitled to know it and to view it himself; the issue is that he may have taken it to an unauthorized location, i.e., Mar-a-Lago. Until now, this has generally not been considered a serious offense. Sandy Berger is an exception, although he got a slap on the wrist. But in his case, the point was that he stole a document from the Archives, apparently something damaging to the Clinton administration, so as to delete it from the historical record. There is no such suggestion, as far as we know, with regard to Trump.

* Many people have drawn analogies between what Hillary Clinton did and whatever misdeed Trump may now be charged with. I don’t see any comparison. Hillary, while Secretary of State, conducted official business on an illegal, off-the-books server located in her home, apparently for the purpose of evading the Freedom of Information Act. Most notably, the server was insecure, and the Russians, Chinese or others could have, and likely did, intercept her official communications as Secretary of State. Trump, on the other hand, has 15 boxes of documents in his basement. There is no comparison.

More at link.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1028 on: August 12, 2022, 02:19:30 pm »
For emphasis:

* Many people have drawn analogies between what Hillary Clinton did and whatever misdeed Trump may now be charged with. I don’t see any comparison. Hillary, while Secretary of State, conducted official business on an illegal, off-the-books server located in her home, apparently for the purpose of evading the Freedom of Information Act. Most notably, the server was insecure, and the Russians, Chinese or others could have, and likely did, intercept her official communications as Secretary of State. [Private Citizen] Trump, on the other hand, has 15 boxes of documents in his basement. There is no comparison.

The statute which the Left continues to cite in regards to classified documents only applies to government workers, agents, contractors, etc.  Donald Trump was none of these when he came into possession of these boxes - boxes that were packed and shipped to him by the GSA after he left office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1029 on: August 12, 2022, 02:33:01 pm »
Trump family watched raid live on cctv…

Real America's Voice (RAV)
@RealAmVoice
“The cameras were only off for a very short period of time.”

@christina_bobb
, says that while staff initially complied w/ the FBI request to turn off the CCTV cameras in Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s lawyers stepped in and the cameras were turned back on.

@RealDrGina
 #PrimeTime

Mar-a-Largo CCTV Cameras Were Only Off For Short Period
Christina Bobb states that while staff initially complied with the FBI request to turn off the CCTV cameras in Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s lawyers stepped in and the cameras were turned back on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557895937195999235

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1030 on: August 12, 2022, 02:33:22 pm »
Street Artist Sabo Hangs ‘F*ck the FBI’ and ‘Trump 2024 MAGA’ Signs Around Los Angeles

DAVID NG  |  11 Aug 2022

The Los Angeles street artist known as Sabo has struck once again, hanging a series of signs around the city that read “bleep the FBI” and “Trump 2024 MAGA.”

Sabo told Breitbart News that five signs were hung all together, including two in Brentwood — with one near The Coral tree Cafe — and one in front of The Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. Two were hung at the intersection Robertson and Melrose Aves. but were removed quickly, the artist said.  .  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/08/11/street-artist-sabo-hangs-fck-the-fbi-and-trump-2024-maga-signs-around-los-angeles/

Photos at link.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1031 on: August 12, 2022, 02:35:07 pm »
Mar-a-Largo CCTV Cameras Were Only Off For Short Period
Christina Bobb states that while staff initially complied with the FBI request to turn off the CCTV cameras in Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s lawyers stepped in and the cameras were turned back on.

Ruh roh.  FBI will now be filing suit for unauthorized recording of FBI agents.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1032 on: August 12, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1033 on: August 12, 2022, 03:55:25 pm »

Man, I miss Norm.  What a great comic. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1034 on: August 12, 2022, 04:30:02 pm »
Of course that's who they'd tell - a "news" organization gullible enough (and Trump-hating enough) to accept it as truth.
“Federal law, long-standing department rules and our ethical obligations prevent me from providing further details as to the basis of the search at this time,” Garland said.

It's so funny that Garland says this kind of BS, oh sure he can't say anything but apparently that doesn't stop all the other stooges from spreading all sorts of information(true or not) to the fourth branch of the democrat government.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #1035 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:23 pm »
No personal attacks, @IsailedawayfromFR
I believe a person is defined by what he says, not true?
Seems I am attacked by both a poster who calls me a name then by a moderator who rebukes me rather than that person when I called him out on it.

You guys I had though are better than that but are seemingly degrading into TOS.

I got the message, I do not belong here.

BYE
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1036 on: August 12, 2022, 04:55:46 pm »
Seems I am attacked by both a poster who calls me a name then by a moderator who rebukes me rather than that person when I called him out on it.

You guys I had though are better than that but are seemingly degrading into TOS.

BYE

Please don't leave...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1037 on: August 12, 2022, 05:01:26 pm »
Rudy W. Giuliani
@RudyGiuliani
·3h

The expectations for the warrant should be tampered down.

To weigh the justification, if any, Garland must release the affidavit.

Right now we are getting the “run around.”

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1038 on: August 12, 2022, 05:08:58 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Please don't leave.  Your contributions here are very much appreciated.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1039 on: August 12, 2022, 05:12:03 pm »

BYE

@IsailedawayfromFR

You are one bad ass Briefer man!!!  Please don't leave.  We got so much in common!!!!!!

Roamer's bloviation isn't worth leaving!!!!!!  When the foam becomes evident, I just change threads.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1040 on: August 12, 2022, 05:19:05 pm »
Please don't leave...

Was going to ignore this drama BS, but I cannot.

IMO, another example of the result of bullshit 'anonymous' moderating. 

We all know one another well enough to tell anyone to take a breath mint without any need of that stunt.

As soon as I read that MOD5 warning I wanted to say something.

@IsailedawayfromFR is 100% correct.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1041 on: August 12, 2022, 07:19:16 pm »
There is no law against a private citizen having classified documents in his/her possession.

@Hoodat

I was a junior NCO nobody in the army,and had access to top secret code word material. Hell,I was even involved in some TS code word operations. I  was told that our after action reports were sent to the White House.

Nobody ever raided my home,and here they are jumping through their asses about a former President having classified material at his house?

Classified material,I might add that the government knew about and approved him having.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1042 on: August 12, 2022, 07:21:26 pm »
ROFLMAO!!!

BTW,WHEN are the Feebs going to raid Bathhouse Barry and seize all the classified documents he has while someone is writing his memoirs?

Yeah,not gonna happen,and we all know it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1043 on: August 12, 2022, 07:25:38 pm »
Street Artist Sabo Hangs ‘F*ck the FBI’ and ‘Trump 2024 MAGA’ Signs Around Los Angeles

DAVID NG  |  11 Aug 2022

The Los Angeles street artist known as Sabo has struck once again, hanging a series of signs around the city that read “bleep the FBI” and “Trump 2024 MAGA.”

Sabo told Breitbart News that five signs were hung all together, including two in Brentwood — with one near The Coral tree Cafe — and one in front of The Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. Two were hung at the intersection Robertson and Melrose Aves. but were removed quickly, the artist said.  .  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/08/11/street-artist-sabo-hangs-fck-the-fbi-and-trump-2024-maga-signs-around-los-angeles/

Photos at link.

@Hoodat

He hangs pro-Trump signs in LA and nobody has tried to murder him?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1044 on: August 12, 2022, 07:26:16 pm »
@Hoodat

I was a junior NCO nobody in the army,and had access to top secret code word material.

But that only happened every dammed day and many times more than once a day.

Hell! Every dammed thing I touched was classified at the time.  @sneakypete
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1045 on: August 12, 2022, 07:35:18 pm »
Ruh roh.  FBI will now be filing suit for unauthorized recording of FBI agents.

@Hoodat

Not to worry. Trump isn't like most former Presidents. He is a career businessman and multi-billionaire that has whole teams of lawyers on retainer.

They are trying to pick on someone that has the ability AND the will to fight back. He also has better lawyers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1046 on: August 12, 2022, 07:39:40 pm »
But that only happened every dammed day and many times more than once a day.

Hell! Every dammed thing I touched was classified at the time.  @sneakypete

@Bigun

LOL! The US (and probably every other military that has ever existed) were fond of stamping everything in sight with at least a "Confidential" security rating. And why not? After all,ink is cheap.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1047 on: August 12, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »
@Hoodat

He hangs pro-Trump signs in LA and nobody has tried to murder him?

@sneakypete

Sabo is the same guy who did this back in 2016:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1048 on: August 12, 2022, 07:49:24 pm »
@sneakypete

Sabo is the same guy who did this back in 2016:

@Hoodat

I would LOVE to know what Cruz's honest personal opinion of that was. I would almost be willing to bet he loved it.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1049 on: August 12, 2022, 07:50:43 pm »
Live Updates: Documents Taken From Trump’s Home Included Classified Material

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/12/us/trump-news

Items removed from Mar-a-Lago included files marked as top secret and meant to be viewed only in secure government facilities, according to a copy of the warrant.

The Justice Department cited serious possible crimes in seeking the Mar-a-Lago warrant.

A list of documents removed from former President Donald J. Trump’s Florida residence, Mar-a-Lago, includes materials marked as top secret and meant to be viewed only in secure government facilities, according to a copy of the warrant reviewed by The New York Times.

Federal agents who executed the warrant did so to investigate potential crimes associated with violations of the Espionage Act, which outlaws the unauthorized retention of national security information that could harm the United States or aid a foreign adversary; a federal law that makes it a crime to destroy or conceal a document to obstruct a government investigation; and another statute associated with unlawful removal of government materials.

Sections of the warrant and an accompanying inventory were reported earlier in the The Wall Street Journal on Friday. The search on Monday seized 11 sets of documents in all, including some marked as “classified/TS/SCI” documents — shorthand for “top secret/sensitive compartmented information,” according to the report.

In total, agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents and three sets of confidential documents. Included in the manifest were also files pertaining to the pardon of Roger J. Stone Jr., a longtime associate of Mr. Trump, and material about President Emmanuel Macron of France.

More at link.