Author Topic: Gen. Milley drafted scathing letter of resignation to Trump after Lafayette Square  (Read 1651 times)

rebewranger

Gen. Milley drafted scathing letter of resignation to Trump after Lafayette Square
Dylan Stableford - 1h ago

After he was seen walking dressed in combat fatigues behind then-President Donald Trump across Lafayette Square after it had been forcibly cleared of Black Lives Matter protesters in June 1, 2020, Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, drafted a resignation letter to inform Trump that he intended to step down.

The letter was published by the New Yorker on Monday in an excerpt of an upcoming book by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, "The Divider: Trump in the White House."

"The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching," Milley wrote, "and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gen-milley-drafted-scathing-letter-of-resignation-to-trump-after-lafayette-square/ar-AA10rGyp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=29de7a7ded324c6ca7c466e50b67dafc
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:07:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Kamaji

Would that he had actually resigned.

rebewranger

Sad for America!!!  He didn't want Trump to start a war with China  but seems perfectly content to allow a chicken sh*t, America hating, communist loving, semi-mindless, broken down, old goat to start one.  Has he warned his dear friends in China that he will stop any defense? :reaper:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

Stepping out in front of a speeding garbage truck would be more appropriate.

After all,the purpose of garbage trucks is to "take out the trash".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OH NOES! Milly drafted a scathing letter, what a twist her panties must have been in. Just one more proven  888cryingkitty that someone talked Trump into taking on.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
But didn’t give a shit about blm burning down half the country?

Offline PeteS in CA

So Milley didn't give a @#$% about the riots in DC? Why is this not surprising?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes, he decided it was better to cling to power so he can commit Treason by telling the Russians and Chinese he would cancel any attempt to use nuclear weapons.  Now he uses his perch to destroy the military be pushing wokeism on all soldiers, sailors and airmen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Yes, he decided it was better to cling to power so he can commit Treason by telling the Russians and Chinese he would cancel any attempt to use nuclear weapons.  Now he uses his perch to destroy the military be pushing wokeism on all soldiers, sailors and airmen.

Unfortunately, that is God's own truth.

Offline mountaineer

But Gen. Chestfullomedals didn't resign, so this is all BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Offline mountaineer

I'm always fascinated by the giant paratrooper (?) medal above his right chest pocket. That parachute nearly covers his shoulder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

Notice that Miss Miley does not have ONE  SINGLE VALOR Award.

The closest she comes to it is the 2 CIB awards,which she gave herself for being in a combat threater,not being in actual combat.

Offline rustynail

Gen. Milley drafted scathing letter of resignation........tear stained?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gen. Milley drafted scathing letter of resignation........tear stained?

Not so much. He never submitted it, AFAIK.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Ike probably wore so few of his ribbons to follow his chiropractor's advice.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ike probably wore so few of his ribbons to follow his chiropractor's advice.

@PeteS in CA

Eisenhower were never in combat at any time during his whole career. He was a staff man,and a good one,which is why he was chosen to basically be the US liaison to our European allies.

Offline mountaineer

JackPosobiec reads General Mark Milley's resignation letter: "This thing reads like an emotional Tumblr letter that was written by a teenage girl."

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1557724018559504388

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Any truth to the rumor I am starting that Miley's new position will be as the leader of The Village People?

Offline GtHawk

Mor4e like ChestyBraStuffer leader of the transvestite brigade.

Offline GtHawk

Any truth to the rumor I am starting that Miley's new position will be as the leader of The Village People?
Well let's see the originals had a Cowboy, Indian, construction guy and Navy guy right? So in keeping up with the times Milly(no I didn't misspell) as the new leader should be the transgender.