Author Topic: Researchers warn bachelorette parties in Provincetown are destroying LGBTQ+ safe spaces  (Read 679 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

I learned a new word today, "hetrification".

Now P-Town knows how South Boston felt when gays crashed the Irish Catholic safe space of the St Patrick's Day parade, and yuppies gentrified the neighborhood.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2022/08/08/researchers-warn-bachelorette-parties-in-provincetown-are-destroying-lgbtq-safe-spaces/?p1=hp_primary
Researchers warn bachelorette parties in Provincetown are destroying LGBTQ+ safe spaces
"We know the end of this story because we know how gentrification works."
By Dialynn Dwyer   
August 8, 2022 | 10:02 AM

Two researchers are sounding the alarm over the damage caused by bachelorette parties taking over safe spaces for LGBTQ+ people, warning that the presence of the bridal celebrations often destroys the locations for the individuals who created them in the first place.

Vincent Jones II, an assistant professor of community health and director of the Health Promotion Center at York College, and Laurie Essig, a professor and director of Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies at Middlebury College and author of  “Love, Inc.: Dating Apps, Big White Weddings, and Chasing the Happily Neverafter,” wrote in The Boston Globe that the process of taking over LGBTQ+ spaces is called “hetrification.” The researchers said that like gentrification, hetrification occurs when people feel “privileged to take over spaces of others” and is fundamentally about money. ...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:21:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No 'researchers' complaining about all the heterosexual and family spaces destroyed by mentally ill alphabetsoupers and out of control gays making the spaces unusable by the very people who created them?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: