Author Topic: 'I work hard for what I’ve got. If you come and take it, there’s consequences': Homeowner who shot a  (Read 442 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
'I work hard for what I’ve got. If you come and take it, there’s consequences': Homeowner who shot armed intruder dead issues no-nonsense warning ​to crooks

An Indianapolis homeowner who fatally shot an armed intruder late last month issued a no-nonsense warning to others intent on similar crimes.

“I hate that it happened. I hope these other guys learn a lesson from it. If not, there’s plenty of spots over in Crown Hill,” Howard Murphy told WANE-TV, presumably in reference to a city cemetery. “I don’t want it to be like that, but just like the average worker, I work hard for what I’ve got. If you come and take it, there’s consequences behind that.”

Murphy said he heard someone breaking into his West 34th Street home through a side window just after 4 a.m. July 29, WANE reported, adding that he came downstairs to confront the intruder.

“He took a video game system and threw it at me, and after that shots rang out,” Murphy told the station.

Murphy admitted he shot the stranger, who then ran upstairs while holding a knife and died in a bedroom, WANE said.

“I honestly didn’t even know if he had been shot because he was still moving around and running around,” Murphy added to the station.

He cooperated with police and was soon released from custody, WANE reported...................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/indianapolis-homeowner-shoots-intruder-dead
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Repeat this story and others like it, and crime will decrease.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I Sailed predicts:
"Repeat this story and others like it, and crime will decrease."

That's true, but I sense that it's gonna take a lot more -- A LOT MORE -- stories like this one before the ferals finally start to get the message that it's not ok to prey on others...

Offline roamer_1

Repeat this story and others like it, and crime will decrease.

Sure... The criminals will be dead.  :laugh:

-The final deterrence.

happy77

Online mountaineer

Be prepared. The next home to be burgled might be your own.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Be prepared. The next home to be burgled might be your own.

Nah... Man sh*t in the yard... Gun rack in the truck... All that is missing right now is my early warning system (dog) - a deficit soon repaired...

Pull the rigs in behind the gate where the dog can get  at them, and viola!

Criminals are opportunists. All you have to do is appear more risky and less profitable than the guy down the street, and you're golden.

There are whole fields of liberals in their McMansions with their covenants and punting dogs.
Why would a criminal try busting into a redneck joint like mine?

Especially with the yard/feet markers up along the driveway...  :whistle:

Offline Kamaji

Nah... Man sh*t in the yard... Gun rack in the truck... All that is missing right now is my early warning system (dog) - a deficit soon repaired...

Pull the rigs in behind the gate where the dog can get  at them, and viola!

Criminals are opportunists. All you have to do is appear more risky and less profitable than the guy down the street, and you're golden.

There are whole fields of liberals in their McMansions with their covenants and punting dogs.
Why would a criminal try busting into a redneck joint like mine?

Especially with the yard/feet markers up along the driveway...  :whistle:

:thumbsup: