Author Topic: Trump threatens to campaign against Manchin if reconciliation deal passes  (Read 778 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump threatens to campaign against Manchin if reconciliation deal passes
by Kate Scanlon, Congressional Reporter
 | August 06, 2022 08:50 PM

DALLAS — Former President Donald Trump threatened to go to West Virginia to campaign against Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) if his deal with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on a healthcare, tax, and climate spending bill passes. The only problem: Manchin is not up for reelection until 2024.

During remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday, Trump said Manchin “sold West Virginia out” in agreeing to the Inflation Reduction Act, a reconciliation deal.

“I don’t believe they can stand for that,” Trump said.

Manchin recently announced an agreement on the bill, a scaled-back alternative to "Build Back Better," a sweeping social spending and green energy bill that Manchin sunk last year when he objected to its price tag and raised concerns over inflation.

Manchin and Schumer worked to get Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) to vote for the bill, who also did not support the prior version, so they could pass the bill unilaterally through the evenly divided chamber with Vice President Kamala Harris’s tiebreaking vote. She signed off earlier this week, and the Senate remained in Washington after its August recess was scheduled to begin in order to pass it.

Trump said that “if this deal passes, they will both lose their next election.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-joe-manchin-campaign-threats-reconciliation-deal-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin says Trump campaigning against him may, 'help me,' after former president makes 2024 threat

Sen. Joe Manchin Sunday dismissed former President Donald Trump's comments saying he'll campaign against him in 2024 due to his work on Democrats' social spending bill, speculating Trump's involvement could even help him win his election.

"He did it in 2018 and it helped me so I got elected then, so maybe he'll help me again," Manchin, D-W.Va., said when asked about Trump's comment by Fox News Digital.

Fox News Digital's Haris Alic reported Saturday that Trump lamented both Manchin and his fellow moderate Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., in comments at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

"What the happened to Manchin and Sinema, what the hell happened, where did this new philosophy come from?" Trump said. "I think if this deal passes, they will both lose their next election, I do believe that, West Virginia and Arizona will not stand for what they did to them."

"I'll go down [there] and campaign against him as hard as anybody can," Trump added.

West Virginia is a deep red state, and went for Trump by nearly 40 percentage points in the 2020 presidential election. Manchin, as a moderate Democrat, has managed to get elected there several times as governor, secretary of state and senator.

But Republicans are likely to target Manchin's seat in 2024, especially in the wake of what they say is a "reckless" spending bill in Democrats' "Inflation Reducation Act."

"We're going to be focused on that seat in 2024," Senate GOP Conference Chair John Barrasso, R-Wyo., said in a statement this week.

Posted by Tyler Olson
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Manchin says Trump campaigning against him may, 'help me,' after former president makes 2024 threat"
Hmmmm.....

I think Manchin should be renamed Slow Joe......

2020 .....

Trump 68%  Biden 28%

Trump carried 55 out of 55 counties...   Including the most urban ones.

2018 WV Senatorial race...

Manchin 49.57%
GOP opponent- 46.26%

Plurailty for Manchin in 2012- 24%
Plurality for Manchin in 2018- 3%

What an idiot.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shouldn't Trump be campaigning for the Republican opponent anyway?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Not putting words into the Orange Man's mouth, but I think in Trump World there are varying levels of effort of opposition.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not before this vote @Cyber Liberty   For some God-forsaken reason Manchin has been beloved in WV. 

Online mountaineer

Not before this vote @Cyber Liberty   For some God-forsaken reason Manchin has been beloved in WV.
He's seen as "one of us." Possible opponents Mooney and Morrisey are derided as carpetbaggers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He's seen as "one of us." Possible opponents Mooney and Morrisey are derided as carpetbaggers.

@mountaineer

Wow!  Who'd have thought we'd see mind-bending 'proof' of Donald Trump's political influence...transcending Party!!     :thud:     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

I don't get your meaning, DC, just reporting from ground zero in WV. Joe and his family have been in WV politics forever. It's hard to break old habits, sadly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I don't get your meaning, DC, just reporting from ground zero in WV. Joe and his family have been in WV politics forever. It's hard to break old habits, sadly.

Sounds like the Longs in Louisiana.  Thankfully, they broke that stupid habit too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Manchin's probably the safest political bet around.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Yes, I suppose so.

But if the end result is to give him a figurative 'slap-in-the-face' with a 55/45 instead of a 70/30, it may find him seeking forgiveness.

Of course, I'm fishing here.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline cato potatoe

Joe's margin shrank dramatically in a good midterm for the dems, so you have to figure his days are numbered.  If Morrisey had done better around Charleston and Morgantown, he would already be gone.  There is room for improvement elsewhere. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

So it's like Brnovich in AZ.  Trump wanted to endorse Blake Masters (which he eventually did), but had to give the Brn a chance to clean up his act over the 2020 fraud.  The day Brnovich announced he wasn't going to act on the evidence of fraud (with faces and names), President Trump announced he wanted Blake.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: