Author Topic: GOP promises payback at ballot box after Senate Dems pass social spending and tax bill  (Read 2394 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP promises payback at ballot box after Senate Dems pass social spending and tax bill

The GOP Sunday promised payback in the midterm elections after Democrats passed a major social spending and tax bill along party lines in the Senate.

“Democrats will pay the price in November for raising taxes on families during a recession," GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said.

Posted by Tyler Olson

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/senate-set-for-vote-a-rama-on-democrats-social-spending-and-tax-bill-live-updates
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm not even counting on that anymore...so discouraged.. 8888crybaby
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline dfwgator

Ha the GOP is throwing the midterms so they can blame it on Trump.

Online Hoodat

GOP promises payback at ballot box

Republicans are idiots.  They wanted this to pass so that they could use it in campaign ads.  Only the people get screwed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Again......

This is 100% on Turtle.  Never would have there been 60 votes on cloture in the first place if this SOB had done his job.

This slug HAS TO GO as Leader in  Jan '23!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I hear you.  I'm not one to give up, but I pretty much am just plain fed up. I believe things are so bad that it's too late to turn things around.  Way too much corruption on both side of the aisle.

The GOP always says what they are going to do and wind up not doing a darn thing!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Again......

This is 100% on Turtle.  Never would have there been 60 votes on cloture in the first place if this SOB had done his job.

This slug HAS TO GO as Leader in  Jan '23!!!!!!

I agree. McConnell has all but destroyed the GOP in the Senate.  Unfortunately, I don't see the SOB leaving or losing his seat.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I agree. McConnell has all but destroyed the GOP in the Senate.  Unfortunately, I don't see the SOB leaving or losing his seat.

Mitch the Bitch (Schumer's that is.....)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

Between this, the $2 trillion covid package, and the the exec branch regulation, the dems own several inflation bombs.  GOP should already be working on the ads. 

Online Hoodat

GOP should already be working on the ads.

No, what the GOP should have done was to stop this from passing.  Yet they couldn't even go 8 hours before fully surrendering to the Dems.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

No, what the GOP should have done was to stop this from passing.  Yet they couldn't even go 8 hours before fully surrendering to the Dems.

Did they have the means?  Reconciliation only requires 50 votes, and the two phony moderates were corralled by Schumer. 

Online Hoodat

Did they have the means?

YES

Reconciliation only requires 50 votes, and the two phony moderates were corralled by Schumer.

No amendment can be refused.  And each amendment must be read in full by the person offering it before a vote on that amendment can take place.  Have you ever read Atlas Shrugged?  Reading that on the Senate Floor as part of an amendment could have delayed this past Labor Day.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Only hope now is the House but I am sure they have the votes...
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Only hope now is the House but I am sure they have the votes...

If it is up to Republicans to stop it, then there is no hope.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If it is up to Republicans to stop it, then there is no hope.

Having Republican majorities is DIFFERENT from having conservative majorities.
We have had the former but never the latter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Having Republican majorities is DIFFERENT from having conservative majorities.
We have had the former but never the latter.

The only difference between Republican and Democrat majorities is that Republicans take a political hit when they pass Democrat legislation that harms the country.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The only difference between Republican and Democrat majorities is that Republicans take a political hit when they pass Democrat legislation that harms the country.

Read what I said again.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Read what I said again.

I know what you said.  We are in agreement.  Republicans are not Conservatives.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mystery wrote:
"Only hope now is the House but I am sure they have the votes..."

Sure they do.
Done deal.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There will be a LOT more of these type bills before January as this may be the last time in a long time Dems can codify anything with a majority and a President.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

There will be a LOT more of these type bills before January as this may be the last time in a long time Dems can codify anything with a majority and a President.

Everyone is pretty much assuming that the GOP will win the House.  I see that as doubtful.  Stolen elections will continue.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
@greg_price11

America: “I really can’t afford things right now. Can you do something about it?”

Dems: “We’re increasing your taxes to pay for things that will make gas prices worse and making the IRS larger than most of the developed world’s military budgets.”

3:51 PM · Aug 7, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline bilo

Don't be!

The future looks great. The world will continue towards deglobalization and the USA is in great shape with energy and food. Manufacturing will continue to move back to our hemisphere, if not in the USA. Despite Brandon and the leftists best efforts conservatives will turn things around. We start in 2022 with taking back the House and maybe the Senate. In 2024 we take back the stolen Presidency. The American people will be so fed up with the Rats by 2024 that the Pubs will actually get a lot done.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 11:58:06 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Right_in_Virginia

Only hope now is the House .....

The House has always been our hope.  The Senate, especially this GOP Senate, is worth shit and should be treated as such; not rewarded with the majority.

The 2022 red wave takes the House and slows down the Marxists --- the second red wave in 2024 finishes them off.  In the meantime, we take as many state and governor houses as possible with a coordinated eye on election reform.

No one said this would be a one battle war --- or easy.

Offline bilo

Between this, the $2 trillion covid package, and the the exec branch regulation, the dems own several inflation bombs.  GOP should already be working on the ads.

All we need are strong leaders who are not controlled by the DC establishment. We have a lot of them! We also have a lot of Representatives and Senators with real business experience. It may not seem like a big deal now, but as inflation grows and the economy declines people will start wanting leaders with factory floor experience and not faculty lounge credentials.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home