Author Topic: Due to climate change, Nevada says goodbye to grass  (Read 1361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Due to climate change, Nevada says goodbye to grass
« on: August 07, 2022, 04:55:21 pm »
Due to climate change, Nevada says goodbye to grass

August 7, 2022 / 9:11 AM / CBS News

In Las Vegas, Nevada, it's come to this: climate change has helped make water ever more scarce, so under a new Nevada law, the grass has got to go. "When we look at outdoor water use in Southern Nevada, landscaping far and away is the largest water user, and of that, it's grass," said Bronson Mack of the Las Vegas Water Authority.

The city's already pulled up about four million square feet of grass on public property so far this year, because thirsty green parkways are something they just can't afford anymore. "The grass that you see behind me is not long for this world," Mack told correspondent Tracy Smith. "In fact, within the next couple of months to a year, this grass will be completely eliminated, and it'll be replaced with drip-irrigated trees and plants."

And every drip counts. So, water waste investigators (also known as water cops) patrol the neighborhoods, taking note of who's watering when, and how much of that water goes down the drain.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/due-to-climate-change-nevada-says-goodbye-to-grass/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Due to climate change, Nevada says goodbye to grass
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 05:06:12 pm »
Seen plenty of 19th century pictures of NV, AZ, and desert CA.

Grass was not evident.  Modern grass there is a product of a creating a fishbowl bubble of paradise.

Now the resources of water  have been  outstripped by the demand.  Population has quintinpled in LV the past 50 years. 
Rain and Lake Meade capacity has not.

Plus the last 10 years of precipitation:

Total precipitation in Las Vegas
Days   Year   Inches   
23   2021   1.9   
18   2020   2.4   
36   2019   6.9   
20   2018   3.4   
21   2017   2.4   
29   2016   4.8   
36   2015   4.5   
19   2014   1.8   
24   2013   3.0   
17   2012   5.3   
24   2011   2.4   
31   2010   5.9   

Looks pretty damned random to me.

Anyone trying to pin this on climate change are blithering enviro-whacko idiots.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 05:06:29 pm »
I'm sure it has nothing to do with millions of more people using the same water resources developed nearly a century ago with no new water resources developed... It's just "climate change" when those old resources become depleted...

The stupidity is astounding.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 05:33:10 pm »
Golf courses and swimming pools will be outlawed....when?...never.  One would think that these would be the first to go.
I know here in West Texas a swimming pool loses over an inch a day in evaporation, so that has to amount to millions of gallons of water wasted in Nevada.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 12:23:19 pm »
Golf courses and swimming pools will be outlawed....when?...never.  One would think that these would be the first to go.
My first thought. A vacation mecca like LV couldn't dare give up the golf courses, though. Giving up the grass along the parkway is one thing, but they gotta have the fairways.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org