Author Topic: Biden’s EV Push Facing Major Setbacks With Recycling, Weather, Fire  (Read 465 times)

rebewranger

WRITTEN BY KATIE SPENCE ON AUG 4, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden’s EV Push Facing Major Setbacks With Recycling, Weather, Fire

electric car fire chargerThanks to the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, there’s more than $60 billion available for grid transportation investment.

Plus, $5 billion is earmarked for state grants to help establish high-capacity charging stations on every highway in the United States, and an additional $2 billion for community charging. [bold, links added]

The hope, according to Alex Schroeder, executive lead at the Joint Office of Energy and Transportation, is to eliminate range anxiety and change consumer behavior when it comes to buying vehicles.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/bidens-ev-push-facing-major-setbacks-with-recycling-weather-fire/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden’s EV Push Facing Major Setbacks With Recycling, Weather, Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 03:41:39 pm »
Didn't even mention about cold weather, and its issues of slow charging, rapid charge depletion.

I am seeing lots more charging stations lately.  Never see one in use though..
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 07:06:13 pm »
Didn't even mention about cold weather, and its issues of slow charging, rapid charge depletion.

only takes 5min to fill up with gas.

Wonder what the avg time is for an EV?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 07:38:28 pm »
only takes 5min to fill up with gas.

Wonder what the avg time is for an EV?

Good question....  I WILL NEVER own an POS EV.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 07:53:22 pm »

There are five EV charging stations next to a BofA near me, no restaurants or any other business that would take an appreciable amount of time to do business in, sooo, who the heck is going to use a charging station for the 10 or 15 min it takes to do everyday banking or pick up a rice bowl, etc,? It seriously makes no sense.

There is a large mall near me with a fenced of are with probably twenty Tesla charges almost all in use, but it can't be anything other than a dealer storage lot since I have never seen anyone drive in or out.