Author Topic: Dolphins to the rescue: British swimmer is SAVED from 6ft shark  (Read 278 times)

Offline Kamaji

Dolphins to the rescue: British swimmer is SAVED from 6ft shark after brave pod of mammals form protective circle around him off the coast of New Zealand

By TOM BROWN FOR MAILONLINE
6 August 2022

Swimming with dolphins has long been the dream of many an adventurous backpacker.

But one travelling Brit got more than he bargained for when he took a dive with a pod of dolphins off the coast of New Zealand to cross another exploit off the bucket list.

Adam Walker from Nottingham was swimming with the mammals when a six-foot great white shark appeared only a few feet away.

He was completing the 16-mile challenge to swim across the Cook Strait when he came across the shark, with the cold blooded beast swimming beneath him.

'I happened to look down and saw a shark a few metres underneath me,' Adam said on his YouTube channel. 'I tried not to panic as I have an objective to successfully swim across.'

Adam says the dolphins formed a protective ring around him when the shark approached, shielding him from any potential attacks.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11087723/British-swimmer-SAVED-shark-brave-pod-dolphins-form-protective-circle-New-Zealand.html