Author Topic: Musk says Twitter deal could move ahead with 'bot' info  (Read 717 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Musk says Twitter deal could move ahead with 'bot' info
« on: August 06, 2022, 09:22:47 pm »
Washington Post 8/6/2022

Elon Musk said Saturday his planned $44 billion takeover of Twitter should move forward if the company can confirm some details about how it measures whether user accounts are ‘spam bots’ or real people.

The billionaire and Tesla CEO has been trying to back out of his April agreement to buy the social media company, leading Twitter to sue him last month to complete the acquisition. Musk countersued, accusing Twitter of misleading his team about the true size of its user base and other problems he said amounted to fraud and breach of contract.

“If Twitter simply provides their method of sampling 100 accounts and how they’re confirmed to be real, the deal should proceed on original terms,” Musk tweeted early Saturday. “However, if it turns out that their SEC filings are materially false, then it should not.”

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/musk-says-twitter-deal-could-move-ahead-with-bot-info/2022/08/06/f0d28038-1598-11ed-8482-06c1c84ce8f2_story.html

Online Hoodat

Re: Musk says Twitter deal could move ahead with 'bot' info
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:17 pm »
Elon Musk said Saturday his planned $44 billion takeover of Twitter should move forward if the company can confirm some details about how it measures whether user accounts are ‘spam bots’ or real people.

Twitter already confirmed how they measure that.  They just make up a number.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 12:51:21 am »
Elon Musk challenges Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal to 'a public debate' on the company's bot data

Insider by  Sarah Jackson 8/6/22

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-challenges-twitter-ceo-to-public-debate-bot-data-2022-8

•   Elon Musk issued a "challenge" to Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal on Saturday.

•   The billionaire Tesla and SpaceX CEO called for a public debate on how Twitter reports its spam bots and fake accounts.

•   Musk has repeatedly accused Twitter of having far more bots than it reports, citing this as one reason he no longer wants to buy the company.

Elon Musk is once again challenging Twitter on the data it reports on spam bots and fake accounts, and this time he wants a public debate to settle the matter.

"If Twitter simply provides their method of sampling 100 accounts and how they're confirmed to be real, the deal should proceed on original terms. However, if it turns out that their SEC filings are materially false, then it should not," Musk wrote.

In a follow-up tweet, he added: "I hereby challenge @paraga to a public debate about the Twitter bot percentage. Let him prove to the public that Twitter has <5% fake or spam daily users!" He also created a poll, asking for yes or no answers to the prompt "Less than 5% of Twitter daily users are fake/spam."

More at link.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 03:38:37 pm »
My really only big wish is that Musk compiles enough information and evidence to get Dorsey and his lackeys some jail time for fraudulent business practices.  Then in my eyes, the take over was a success.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 03:42:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 03:41:03 pm »
My really only big wish is that Musk compiles enough information and evidence to get Dorsey and his lackey some jail time for fraudulent business practices.  Then in my eyes, the take over was a success.

Agreed.