Author Topic: Biden touts jobs numbers, says he has made 'significant progress' in effort to 'rebuild the middle c  (Read 855 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 1 hour ago
Biden touts jobs numbers, says he has made 'significant progress' in effort to 'rebuild the middle class'
Employers added 528,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department said Friday

By Brooke Singman , Megan Henney FOXBusiness

President Biden on Friday touted U.S. job growth, which unexpectedly accelerated in July, saying "more people are working than at any point in American history," and using jobs numbers to prove he has kept his campaign promise to "rebuild the middle class."

Employers added 528,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department said in its monthly payroll report released Friday, blowing past the 250,000 jobs forecast by Refinitiv economists. The unemployment rate, meanwhile, edged down to 3.5%, the lowest level since the COVID-19 pandemic began more than two years ago.

"Today, the unemployment rate matches the lowest it’s been in more than 50 years: 3.5%. More people are working than at any point in American history," Biden said in a statement. "That’s millions of families with the dignity and peace of mind that a paycheck provides.

"And, it’s the result of my economic plan to build the economy from the bottom up and middle out," Biden continued. "I ran for president to rebuild the middle class — there’s more work to do, but today’s jobs report shows we are making significant progress for working families."

The job growth defied fears of a slowdown in hiring, even as the labor market confronts twin threats of scorching-hot inflation and rising interest rates.

The U.S. has now replaced all of the jobs that were lost during the pandemic.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-touts-jobs-numbers-says-significant-progress-effort-rebuild-middle-class
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden is building sand castles below the high tide line against an incoming tide.

Whatever he's "built" is gone before its even started.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't believe these numbers..it's double what they thought it would be... :pondering:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden touts jobs numbers, says he has made 'significant progress' in effort to 'rebuild the middle class'

I don't believe the validity of the numbers and question how many of these new jobs are from people forced to take on a second job. Also only an idiot(Biteme) would tout supposedly building up the middle class while targeting them with big tax increases with an insane spending bill.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:22:08 pm by GtHawk »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The way Biden envisions "rebuilding the middle class" is to provide "high paying jobs" for those involved in the wind and solar industries while destroying even better paying jobs in the oil and gas sector.

The first set of jobs are almost solely based upon government handouts while the second set needs no government handouts, just an open marketplace.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 03:06:12 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Charles V Payne
@cvpayne

Household Survey
Full Time -71,000
Part Time +384,000
Multiple Jobs +92,000

Robert Luther
@RobertLutherFL
 · 2h

how is it possible we “added” 528,000 jobs, but 136,000 fewer are employed than in May?

10:03 AM · Aug 5, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline berdie

I don't believe the validity of the numbers and question how many of these new jobs are from people forced to take on a second job. Also only an idiot(Biteme) would tout supposedly building up the middle class while targeting them with big tax increases with an insane spending bill.

That's the way it looks, doesn't it?

Offline cato potatoe

Aw lort, forgive me for hating this fool.  Personal savings rate is a paltry 5.1%.  Revolving consumer debt is up 16% from a year ago.  We're going broke out here.

Offline mountaineer

Rebuild? The middle class was doing just fine up until Jan. 20, 2021.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Rebuild? The middle class was doing just fine up until Jan. 20, 2021.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I'm tempted to add the Goodfellows Liotta Laughing Meme, but this is too sad to be funny.

Pedo Joe is a brain dead POS, who is intentionally destroying us financially.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Although it was a decent jobs report, inflation rising faster than wages while also in a recession is hardly “rebuilding the middle class.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy