Author Topic: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set  (Read 18404 times)

Offline DB

Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2022, 09:14:28 pm »
This gun will fire fanning the hammer wile holding the trigger. Must be the same people who have failed high school economics. How can the FBI have any creditability going forward.

Well that is pulling the trigger is it not?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2022, 09:47:35 pm »
Report:  Alec Baldwin MUST'VE PULLED TRIGGER IN 'RUST' ... FBI Concludes in Analysis
TMZ, Aug 13,  2022

The FBI has concluded that Alec Baldwin must have fired the gun normally on the set of "Rust" -- which took Halyna Hutchins' life ... this according to a new report.

ABC News published a bombshell story Friday, claiming to have obtained a copy of the forensic analysis report recently completed by the Bureau ... which was examining all facets of the fatal accident in a broader investigation to see if criminal charges are warranted.

Per ABC, citing part of the FBI report, the feds found that the revolver in question -- a single-action .45 Colt caliber F.lli Pietta -- could not have been fired without someone pulling the trigger ... a determination they made after conducting accidental discharge testing.

Unclear if they did this testing with the same exact gun Alec used, or a separate but identical one -- but what the FBI notes in their reports is ... that gun, when working properly, will not release a bullet and primer simultaneously by just fiddling with the hammer alone

That's what Alec said he was doing when the shooting occurred. You'll recall ... in a sit-down interview with ABC, he claimed all he'd done was pull the hammer back and pose it for the camera while Halyna coached him on positioning. When they were done, he released the hammer ... and says it fired without him pulling the trigger. The rest, of course, is history.

Well, that just doesn't make sense to FBI officials. Their report, per ABC, notes they set the hammer at varying angles and positions to see if they could make it fire without pulling the trigger ... but they say they couldn't. The only thing the hammer COULD do when de-cocked and then directly struck on its own (without pulling the trigger) was detonate the primer.

That essentially means it could set off the actual gunshot sound itself, without discharging a bullet, according to the FBI -- but that's obviously not what happened in AB's case.

Now, this conclusion doesn't necessarily mean Alec is in hot water quite yet -- again, we don't know if the testing they did here was with his gun or another ... it's totally possible the revolver he used that day did, in fact, malfunction and that he's telling the truth.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/13/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-forensic-fbi-pulled-trigger/?adid=share-tw
This is what anyone knowledgeable said about the clowns actions from the get go, there is a video by Brandon Herrera on YouTube where he purchased the exact same model gun with the same transfer bar safety and nothing he could do, even beating on the hammer once cocked, could make the weapon fire until the trigger was pulled. All the FBI is telling us is what we already knew, Baldwin is a lying SOB and so arrogant that he thinks his lies would be accepted as gospel.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2022, 10:26:10 pm »
The Filli Pietta Model 1873 SA Colt is sold in two different models. One with and one without a transfer bar. I haven't read whether the Rust revolver had a transfer bar or not.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2022, 01:17:45 am »
I would be surprised if Alec Baldwin ends up being charged

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #579 on: August 14, 2022, 02:23:13 am »
As long as we're discussing all this evidentiary stuff about guns and such, here is a legal dilemma that has puzzled me for quite some time.

There is a high rise residential building 36 stories tall.  On the top floor, a despondent resident contemplating suicide decides to take the 36-floor plunge off his penthouse balcony to end his life splattered on the street below.

Meanwhile on the fifth floor, there is a resident about to clean his gun.  This man mindlessly pulls the trigger of the weapon and is horrified to hear the sound of a shot ringing out.  The bullet leaves the barrel, flies through the window, and strikes the head of the man falling from the penthouse apartment, killing him instantly before his body splatters on the concrete below.

Question:  Is the man who fired the gun guilty of manslaughter?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #580 on: August 14, 2022, 02:29:46 am »
"Is the man who fired the gun guilty of manslaughter?"

That depends on the DA, Grand Jury, Judge and Jury.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #581 on: August 14, 2022, 02:30:43 am »
You are all four of those.  Gotta choose.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2022, 02:32:09 am »
Guilty.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2022, 02:43:02 am »
I had a shipmate that was cleaning?  his 357 revolver in his bedroom and it went off. The bullet went out the window. Across the street he saw a neighbor on the driveway working on his lawnmower. He then saw that his neighbor's car in the garage right behind him was dripping gas. That bullet flew right behind his neighbor and punctured the gas tank of his car. The neighbor didn't hear the shot working on his mower. He then helped his neighbor, all apologetic, drop the gas tank and repair it.

Offline DB

« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2022, 02:43:45 pm »
As long as we're discussing all this evidentiary stuff about guns and such, here is a legal dilemma that has puzzled me for quite some time.

There is a high rise residential building 36 stories tall.  On the top floor, a despondent resident contemplating suicide decides to take the 36-floor plunge off his penthouse balcony to end his life splattered on the street below.

Meanwhile on the fifth floor, there is a resident about to clean his gun.  This man mindlessly pulls the trigger of the weapon and is horrified to hear the sound of a shot ringing out.  The bullet leaves the barrel, flies through the window, and strikes the head of the man falling from the penthouse apartment, killing him instantly before his body splatters on the concrete below.

He should serve how much time the guy he killed had remaining to live. That's what he took from the guy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:44:32 pm by DB »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2022, 03:08:06 pm »

No. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2022, 03:55:48 pm »

This is first semester law school stuff. There are dozens of scenarios like this. The way this was presented to me was slightly different. The guy in the apartment below is shooting at his wife. The wife ducks and he hits the jumper through the window. Is he guilty of murder or attempted murder or manslaughter?

But yes, there are lots of these convoluted scenarios. Describe who you would charge, how many counts, and for what?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »
As soon as he is charged he will get a biden pardon

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2022, 06:00:20 pm »
"Is the man who fired the gun guilty of manslaughter?"

That depends on the DA, Grand Jury, Judge and Jury.

And the Party of the defendant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2022, 06:25:24 pm »
He should serve how much time the guy he killed had remaining to live. That's what he took from the guy.

Very wise solution.  Solomon couldn't have done any better.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2022, 06:27:37 pm »
This is first semester law school stuff. There are dozens of scenarios like this. The way this was presented to me was slightly different. The guy in the apartment below is shooting at his wife. The wife ducks and he hits the jumper through the window. Is he guilty of murder or attempted murder or manslaughter?

I like that one better.  In the Commonwealth of Virginia, he is guilty of attempted murder.  If you shoot someone in Virginia, you are much better off hitting them (malicious wounding) than missing them (attempted murder).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2022, 06:38:24 pm »
I like that one better.  In the Commonwealth of Virginia, he is guilty of attempted murder.  If you shoot someone in Virginia, you are much better off hitting them (malicious wounding) than missing them (attempted murder).
That depends on your aim and the weapon. You are much better off hitting them only applies if you miss. Alec did not miss. He was straight on what he was aiming at.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:01:03 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.