Author Topic: Gov. Abbott’s idea to bus illegal migrants from Texas to NYC and DC is getting their attention  (Read 353 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Back in April, Texas's Republican governor, Greg Abbott, pledged to bus migrants who had entered Texas illegally to Washington, D.C. on a voluntary basis.

It was laughed at in the press and among Democrats as a "publicity stunt" at the time. But the governor was dead serious, and kept that promise. Leadership is contagious, and Abbott was soon joined by Arizona's Gov. Douglas Ducey.

For months, the states of Texas and Arizona have been sending charter buses of illegal border crossers being let in by Joe Biden's open borders policy to Washington, D.C.'s Union Station, near the Capitol building and now to New York City, led by Mayor Eric Adams, who loudly proclaims his city a sanctuary city, with laws on the books saying the city is required to provide housing to all comers.

Abbott's office says that over 6,100 migrants have been bussed to D.C. so far.

Abbott expanded his operation by transporting migrants to the Big Apple, which he said like Washington, D.C. is an “ideal destination” due to the city’s generous treatment of homeless people.

However, officials based in D.C. or NYC, despite their claims of compassion aren’t exactly giving the migrants the red carpet treatment.

NPR reports that when the migrants disembark, they find neither the local nor federal government there to meet them.

Even Joe Biden’s White House which is responsible for the border crisis, isn’t exactly welcoming their new guests.

Speaking to reporters, Biden’s press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, slammed Gov. Abbott for sending immigrants to NYC and DC, calling it “another stunt of bussing desperate migrants across the country and he’s using them as a political ploy.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/gov_abbotts_idea_to_bus_illegal_migrants_from_texas_to_nyc_and_dc_is_getting_their_attention.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So much for it being a silly publicity stunt bitches.......

Enjoy how we live in Texas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's worked out to be one of the best political leverage plays I've ever seen. Love to hear those northeast big city mayors squeal as they take their fair share of border crossers.
The Republic is lost.