Author Topic: Judge disqualifies Rebekah Jones from running as Democrat in Aug. 23 primary  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good news!  This whack job needs to just crawl back under a rock.  However Gaetz would have had a better chance against her than Shiller who lives near me.  Good news is Florida's 1st Congressional District covers Northwest Florida and is a Republican stronghold.

A Leon County Circuit Court Judge ruled Friday that Rebekah Jones could not stand for election as a Democrat in the primary election Aug. 23.

Leon County Circuit Court Judge John Cooper disqualified Jones as a candidate at the conclusion of a virtual hearing Friday in a lawsuit brought by her Democratic opponent for Florida's 1st Congressional District, Peggy Schiller.

"It's not a happy decision to make," Cooper said when explaining his ruling. "I think that anyone who puts themselves out for office should be commended."

A Florida election law passed last year requires anyone running for a partisan office to be registered as a member of the party for a full year before qualifying begins in June.

Jones put out a statement on her campaign's Facebook page Friday saying she would appeal the ruling.

"We're appealing immediately, and voters can rest assured that we're not going to let Peggy Schiller, her GOP lawyer or anyone else steal this election from the voters," Jones wrote.

Schiller, a retired corporate attorney who lives in Walton County and has been active in the local Democratic Party there, also issued a statement on her campaign Facebook page saying she was pleased with the ruling.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/05/rebekah-jones-disqualified-democrat-aug-23-primary-peggy-schiller-florida-first-congressional/10234140002/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

So, a year ago the lying @#$% changed registration - to conceal her partisanship? - and then changed back, but not in time to conform to FL law? :silly: And, of course, she doesn't want FL law applied to her? :silly:  :tongue2:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So, a year ago the lying @#$% changed registration - to conceal her partisanship? - and then changed back, but not in time to conform to FL law? :silly: And, of course, she doesn't want FL law applied to her? :silly:  :tongue2:

She is a psycho bitch too boot. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good news!  This whack job needs to just crawl back under a rock.  However Gaetz would have had a better chance against her than Shiller who lives near me.  Good news is Florida's 1st Congressional District covers Northwest Florida and is a Republican stronghold.

My County and Legislative District is so much of a stronghold the Primary is the actual election because the Rats don't even field candidates.  Our CD is the reddest in AZ so the Dems that run never get more than 30% of the vote in the General.

Assessments differ, but we are the reddest County in AZ, and among the top five Counties in the USA.  We outnumber the Rats 3:1.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

My County and Legislative District is so much of a stronghold the Primary is the actual election because the Rats don't even field candidates.  Our CD is the reddest in AZ so the Dems that run never get more than 30% of the vote in the General.

Assessments differ, but we are the reddest County in AZ, and among the top five Counties in the USA.  We outnumber the Rats 3:1.

Unfortunately, your county's coyotes of the 4-legged variety might outnumber humans (just like deer probably outnumber humans in Modoc County and trout probably outnumber humans in Trinity County). Beep! Beep! yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Unfortunately, your county's coyotes of the 4-legged variety might outnumber humans (just like deer probably outnumber humans in Modoc County and trout probably outnumber humans in Trinity County). Beep! Beep! yogi555

LOL.  I'm sure they do out-populate us here.  At our Castillo, we get regular visits from both coyotes and roadrunners....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

As long as no falling anvils …

Offline PeteS in CA

Back on-topic, Jones is the @#$% who lyingly claimed she had been ordered to jigger FL’s Covid stats.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Back on-topic, Jones is the @#$% who lyingly claimed she had been ordered to jigger FL’s Covid stats.

She is?  I did not remember that.

I was thinking in terms of, is she a Loony Leftard?  Yes?  Then it's good to keep the Loony away from the levers of power however.  This thing about the Party Registration may seem goofy, but the Parties take this stuff deadly serious. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

I was thinking in terms of, is she a Loony Leftard?  Yes?  Then it's good to keep the Loony away from the levers of power however.  This thing about the Party Registration may seem goofy, but the Parties take this stuff deadly serious.

Yeppers, https://news.yahoo.com/rebekah-jones-covid-whistleblower-wasn-103039488.html . Proggies loved her because of their DeSantis hate.

Offline Wingnut

Oh No.  She tried to play the "Whistle Blower" Card.  The MSM trotted her out on all the shows.  She is one fake ass whacko bitch.

Offline PeteS in CA

From the article I linked above:

Jones’s central claim is nothing less dramatic than that she has uncovered a massive conspiracy in the third most populous state in the nation, and that, having done so, she has been ruthlessly persecuted by the governor and his “Gestapo.” Specifically, Jones claims that, while she was working at the FDOH last year, she was instructed by her superiors to alter the “raw” data so that Florida’s COVID response would look better, and that, having refused, she was fired. Were this charge true, it would reflect one of the most breathtaking political scandals in all of American history.

But it’s not true. Indeed, it’s nonsense from start to finish. Jones isn’t a martyr; she’s a myth-peddler. She isn’t a scientist; she’s a fabulist. She’s not a whistleblower; she’s a good old-fashioned confidence trickster. And, like any confidence trickster, she understands her marks better than they understand themselves. On Twitter, on cable news, in Cosmopolitan, and beyond, Jones knows exactly which buttons to push in order to rally the gullible and get out her message. Sober Democrats have tried to inform their party about her: “You may see a conspiracy theory and you want it to be true and you believe it to be true and you forward it to try to make it be true, but that doesn’t make it true,” warns Jared Moskowitz, the progressive Democrat who has led Florida’s fight against COVID. ...
...Rebekah Jones has unremittingly inflated the prominence of the position she held. And yet when one reads through the FDOH documents that chronicle the affair, one is struck by how dull and unheroic the whole thing really was. There are no “whistleblowers” anywhere in this story. There is no scandal. There is no grand fight for truth or justice. There is just a replacement-level government employee who repeatedly breaks the rules, who is repeatedly mollycoddled while doing so, and who is fired only when she eventually renders herself unworthy of the department’s considerable grace.
The next day, on May 7, 2020, Jones crashed the dashboard.

Without telling a single person what she was doing, Jones created a new account within the GIS system and moved a tranche of data into it. This both broke the setup and sincerely confused the department’s IT staff. “Because the team was not informed,” Curry wrote, it “began troubleshooting the issue as if it were a system issue”—which, of course, it was not. In the process, the FDOH asked Chris Duclos, a GIS manager and the only other person besides Jones who had “full administrative right [sic] in our system[,] to help.” This Duclos did, primarily “by modifying ownership of objects to return the process to the previous state”—that is, to roll back the system to how it had been when it was working. At 1:00 p.m. that day, aware that Duclos was reversing her power grab, Jones locked Duclos out of his account.

By 1:35 p.m. on the same day, Jones had been instructed to restore Duclos’s full administrative access. Six and a half hours later, at 8:08, she responded by saying that she would, and then, at 8:28, added that she intended to leave Florida to spend some time with her family in Mississippi. Except . . . she didn’t. Instead, as Curry recorded, Jones set Duclos’s permissions to a lower level than administrator, and left herself as the sole person within the FDOH who had administrator status. In response, Duclos emailed the state’s GIS vendor and re­quested that his full permissions be restored. This was done.

She's an illustration of why, when IT people are laid off or their authority/responsibilities are significantly changed, their computer permissions and log-ins are shut down, to prevent sabotage.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:35:28 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From the article I linked above:

She's an illustration of why, when IT people are laid off or their authority/responsibilities are significantly changed, their computer permissions and log-ins are shut down, to prevent sabotage.

That's 100% correct.  The moment I left my Exit Interview, everything was locked to me.  Knowing this for a month prior, I moved all my data requiring my permissions to other people who were not laid off.  That ensured a smooth transition for the company (and me.  No panic calls to ask me stuff).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Buh bye, beka...