Author Topic: We've been living in a tent for 5 months because we couldn't afford our $1,200 rent. Now we're prepa  (Read 1736 times)

Offline libertybele

I am frightened about the future. I belong to a neighborhood forum and within this week, there are 3 families who have posted that they are being evicted with nowhere to go. No money to make the necessary deposits (at least first and last month's rent) and rent is high.  Two can no longer afford their rent as the landlord has raised it so significantly, one is having to move out because the landlord wants to sell the home. None of them have accumulated enough money to make deposits. They are asking for $$. They have started 'Go Fund Me Pages'.  In this area, groceries have doubled, homeowners insurance has doubled and in some cases tripled, flood insurance is ridiculous, electricity has doubled as well as water.  Everything has skyrocketed as you well know. Joe and the leftists policies are not only crumbling our Republic but ripping apart families as told in the story @link below:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weve-living-tent-5-months-193246712.html

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:52:18 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

You thought elections were all fun and games?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

You thought elections were all fun and games?

??? I did???   There are some in that neighborhood forum who are too stupid to realize which political side is responsible and then we have the whiner who wants all of the information posted about Brandon taken down as he finds it offensive. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 01:09:19 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

I did???

That was directed at the couple who work less than 18 hours a week, yet complain that they have no money to pay bills.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

That was directed at the couple who work less than 18 hours a week, yet complain that they have no money to pay bills.

Gottcha 

Offline libertybele

Are there others in here who are witnessing people losing their homes because they can no longer afford rent and are working full time?  I'm just truly curious as to what's happening in other parts of the country.

I know @roamer_1 shared his story of a couple of families.  Anyone else??

Offline roamer_1

This has been happening for a long time. The van life movement and the tiny house movement are both responses to the high cost of rent/realty.

Another is the flight of those who can work online to rural areas where cost of living is substantially cheaper.

However, this sort of thing is a pretty common thing up in here... You can live in the woods for nothing and save up through the summer to hit the ground running before winter.

Once I lived in a line shack and worked for the owner for minimum wage. Of course it included food as ranch work always does... It took me about a year to put my poop back in a group that time.

I myself have been broke enough to live in a tent twice in my life... Ok, it was an outfitter's tent, and a substantial upgrade from what these folks are doing... And I was working 12 hr days 7 days a week trying to get back in front of it... And coming home to bath in a creek and cook over a fire... Which is substantially different than these folks.

One way or another, this should not be shocking to anyone. Inflation hits the folks on the bottom the most.

Offline roamer_1

Are there others in here who are witnessing people losing their homes because they can no longer afford rent and are working full time?  I'm just truly curious as to what's happening in other parts of the country.

I know @roamer_1 shared his story of a couple of families.  Anyone else??

one of my best friends, and I guy that worked for me for years is living in the woods right now... He's got a little camper, but the same story.  And looking for somewhere to winter in that camper... The woods close up because the roads ain't plowed. So you pretty well have to come down into the valley somewhere to be able to move during the winter time.

Offline libertybele

The country hit hard times during the Carter years, but what we are experiencing now is significantly different.  I don't believe Carter was purposefully trying to destroy us, he was just that incompetent.  Joe & Co. are competently destroying us on purpose.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am frightened about the future. I belong to a neighborhood forum and within this week, there are 3 families who have posted that they are being evicted with nowhere to go. No money to make the necessary deposits (at least first and last month's rent) and rent is high.  Two can no longer afford their rent as the landlord has raised it so significantly, one is having to move out because the landlord wants to sell the home. None of them have accumulated enough money to make deposits. They are asking for $$. They have started 'Go Fund Me Pages'.  In this area, groceries have doubled, homeowners insurance has doubled and in some cases tripled, flood insurance is ridiculous, electricity has doubled as well as water.  Everything has skyrocketed as you well know. Joe and the leftists policies are not only crumbling our Republic but ripping apart families as told in the story @link below:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weve-living-tent-5-months-193246712.html

@libertybele

$1200 per month rent for an apartment is a cheap price in most cities these days. Mostly because the 1200 bucks of today amounts to maybe 300 bucks in the dollars of 5 years ago.

IF your income is from some sort of retirement fund,and that is your sole income,your only valid option is to move to the outskirts of a medium or small town somewhere in semi-rural America,buy a half-acre or acre lot,and put a single-wide used mobile home on it.You will be paying  your montly payments towards you living rent free in the future,and your rent won't go up and one day you won't have a rent payment to make. Just yearly property taxes and upkeep/maintenance.

People retired on fixed incomes based on SS payments that live in cities will soon be living in public housing on welfare,and at risk for being robbed and murdered for their cash on the  3rd of each month.

Try to find a plat of land that is unzoned within 15-20 miles of a medium-sized or small city that you can buy for cash,and then use the land as collateral for the bank loan you need to put in a well,driveway,septic tank,water pump,and used mobile home. Do that,and you can hope to avoid being put in publik housing.

And,of course,the downside is you will also have to buy a pickup or suv to have transportation because there will be no publik transportation avialable. Or maybe an upside,depending on your POV.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am really really trying to find sympathy for this couple.   

Sorry Not gonna happen. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

The country hit hard times during the Carter years, but what we are experiencing now is significantly different.

During the Carter years, you could put money into a savings account and earn 8% interest.  Today, the FED prints up new money to keep interest rates which dissuades people from saving money.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@libertybele Is the neighborhood forum "NextDoor" by chance?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

There's another thing going on, especially in the Millenials...

Always it has been the case that a man has to have his nose to the grindstone till his nose is ground clean off - Just to make do and provide for a woman and kids.

These kids have been fed such a line of bullcrap to expect that's different.
That the world owes them a living and respect, no matter what.
That ain't how it works, ever.
The big bad world doesn't owe you a damned thing.
What you get is what you earn.
And you start with nothing.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 03:45:34 am by roamer_1 »