Author Topic: Fed to Fast Forward Rate Hikes After Red Hot Jobs Report  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fed to Fast Forward Rate Hikes After Red Hot Jobs Report
« on: August 05, 2022, 09:41:00 pm »
Fed to Fast Forward Rate Hikes After Red Hot Jobs Report

Katherine Hamilton5 Aug 20220

The Federal Reserve will likely throw another round of supersized rate hikes at the U.S. economy following the sizzling hot jobs numbers the Department of Labor released Friday.

Up until yesterday, the federal funds futures market implied a 66 percent likelihood that the Fed would raise the current federal funds target rate — now at 2.25-2.50 percent — by another 50 basis points to a range of 2.75 – 3.0 percent. After the news that the U.S. economy added 528,000 jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent — much hotter than projections of a cool 258,000 jobs and a steady 3.6 percent unemployment rate — the odds shifted violently.

On Friday, the market implied a 69.5 percent chance that the Fed raises rates 75 basis points, resulting in a 3.0-3.25 percent range.

https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1555538352379764737

If the Fed raises rates in September, it will be the fourth time it has done so in 2022. At the last two meetings, the Fed hiked its interest rate target by 0.75 basis points, the biggest hikes since 1994. Fed officials say they are hoping to cool demand for labor to bring down inflation. July’s job numbers indicate that these hikes have not yet slowed job creation and the labor market remains extremely tight.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/08/05/fed-fast-forward-rate-hikes-after-red-hot-jobs-report/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:42:04 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Fed to Fast Forward Rate Hikes After Red Hot Jobs Report
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 09:43:10 pm »
Raising the fed rate because of a bogus jobs report... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 11:03:37 pm »
Raising the fed rate because of a bogus jobs report... 9999hair out0000
Until people go to jail for lying, this will continue
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 11:18:19 pm »
The fed rate has to be raised to deal with inflation.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 10:08:12 am »
The good news is that, unlike other recessions, nobody is losing their job as of now

The bad news is they’re able to afford less and less
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 01:59:42 pm »
$31T + in debt as last looksy.

Guess how that number will look like  Fed has to start covering 8%, 30 year bonds soon........

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 03:03:52 pm »
$31T + in debt as last looksy.

Guess how that number will look like  Fed has to start covering 8%, 30 year bonds soon........

8% if we are lucky.

I had a 15.5% 18 month variable mortgage in 1984.  Fixed 30 year was 18%
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington