Author Topic: Hungarian Prime Minister Warns the West Against a Communist Takeover  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.theepochtimes.com/hungarian-prime-minister-warns-the-west-against-a-communist-takeover_4644936.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily

Hungarian Prime Minister Warns the West Against a Communist Takeover
Viktor Orban kicks off CPAC in Dallas

By Darlene McCormick Sanchez
August 5, 2022

NOTE: When reading articles at The Epoch Times, DISABLE JAVASCRIPT in your browser. This can be done with a click of the mouse using free add-ons/extensions.

Excerpt:
Viktor Orban, the Hungarian prime minister, told hundreds of conservatives in Texas on Thursday that his country defeated communism—and now America must do the same.

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Orban told the crowd that America is fighting for its life against progressives and globalists, which are communists.

“Don’t be afraid to call your enemies by their name,” he said. “They hate me and slander me and my country, as they hate you and slander you and the America you stand for.”

Orban said the Democrats in the United States were not fond of him and wanted Hungary to move away from being a Christian nationalist state.

“They did not want me to be here, and they made every effort to drive a wedge between us,” he said.

Orban has been criticized as a right-wing Christian nationalist. His anti-immigration stance drew condemnation from the United States and the international community recently after he said Hungarians did not want to become “peoples of mixed race.”

Orban later clarified that the issue isn’t as much about race as it is about culture. While not mentioning the controversy directly, he noted that a Christian politician “cannot be racist.”
In 2015, Orban said 400,000 illegal immigrants came to Hungary’s borders, but Hungary built a wall and reduced illegal immigration to zero.

Orban’s speech outlined how America and Hungary, which he sees as fighting a common enemy on two fronts, can win against the Marxist movement trying to destroy western civilization. For better or worse, the world looks to America as a great power that will lead the world into the future, he said.

“The West is at war with itself,” he said. “The globalists can all go to hell. I have gone to Texas,” he said, prompting wild clapping and cheers.

Orban said the fight against the far-left starts with understanding that they want to drive a wedge between people and their faith and destroy families. Nazi Germany was able to succeed in a godless environment, he said.

“You must play to win. Play by your own rules,” he said. “This war is a culture war.”

Progressives change language to disguise their Marxist agenda, he said. The ideology wants to destroy the family because Marxism sees it as an oppressive patriarchal system.

Gender ideology and the sexualization of children is an idea of the left meant to harm families. In Hungary, a mother is a woman, and a father is a man. Order is necessary for any free country, meaning law enforcement is respected, he said.

More at URL above...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Hungarian Prime Minister Warns the West Against a Communist Takeover
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:45:35 pm »
Viktor Orban is the man the Euro-weenies most like to hate.  As more and more people take note of the success of his country in comparison with the rest of the EU, it feeds nationalist movements elsewhere.

I don't see globalization and technology as forces that can be stopped.  But certainly countries must take note of the downsides of these forces and protect themselves from the ill effects.  There are tremendous advantages to global supply chains and global communications, but that does not mean there must be global government and global taxation to accommodate them. Countries can figure out their place and make their own decisions, which is as it should be.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 10:50:47 pm »
Viktor Orban is the man the Euro-weenies most like to hate.  As more and more people take note of the success of his country in comparison with the rest of the EU, it feeds nationalist movements elsewhere.

I don't see globalization and technology as forces that can be stopped.  But certainly countries must take note of the downsides of these forces and protect themselves from the ill effects.  There are tremendous advantages to global supply chains and global communications, but that does not mean there must be global government and global taxation to accommodate them. Countries can figure out their place and make their own decisions, which is as it should be.

:thumbsup:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 10:56:31 pm »

Indeed. Rod Dreher, a columnist at the American Conservative (url:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ) has a decidedly non-lefist take on Orban that generally tends to a more positive view of what he is trying to do, within the context (i.e., Hungary, a small European country) in which he is trying to do it.

Orban has his downsides, but he definitely is not the monster the liberal left like to make him out to be.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 10:58:51 pm »
“Don’t be afraid to call your enemies by their name,” he said. “They hate me and slander me and my country, as they hate you and slander you and the America you stand for.”

He sends a powerful message.  Doubtful that many will heed his words outside of the conservative circle.  Others will wake up when it's way too late.   8888crybaby
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:59:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 11:25:40 pm »
  There are tremendous advantages to global supply chains ....

I'm not seeing them @massadvj  ------ what are the tremendous advantages you're referring to?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 12:26:52 am »
I'm not seeing them @massadvj  ------ what are the tremendous advantages you're referring to?

An improved standard of living throughout the world, including the USA.  Yes, there have been winners and losers, and while we like to point out that the middle class is shrinking, we rarely take note that the upper middle class and upper classes have expanded at a much greater rate than the lower classes have expanded.

Also, even the poorest people in the USA have access to the goods and services they need.  The average lower class person in the USA lives more comfortably than the average middle class person in most of the rest of the world.  That would not be possible without the cheap goods enabled by a global supply chain.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 02:36:11 am »
An improved standard of living throughout the world, including the USA.  Yes, there have been winners and losers, and while we like to point out that the middle class is shrinking, we rarely take note that the upper middle class and upper classes have expanded at a much greater rate than the lower classes have expanded.

Also, even the poorest people in the USA have access to the goods and services they need.  The average lower class person in the USA lives more comfortably than the average middle class person in most of the rest of the world.  That would not be possible without the cheap goods enabled by a global supply chain.

Fair points @massadvj   ---- But doesn't he who controls the source of the product and its distribution also control the economic advantages --- or lack thereof --- you're praising?

Does a global supply chain becoming a more powerful weapon in a geopolitical war concern you, at all?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 03:22:54 am »
Fair points @massadvj   ---- But doesn't he who controls the source of the product and its distribution also control the economic advantages --- or lack thereof --- you're praising?

Does a global supply chain becoming a more powerful weapon in a geopolitical war concern you, at all?

There is no question that those who have understood technology and globalization have done better than those who have not.  That is a double edged sword.  as I used to tell my students: these forces are relentless, unstoppable and beyond your control.  But you can control whether you capitalize on them or not.

The lack of economic cooperation between countries can also lead to war.  Countries that depend on each other for critical resources are less likely to engage in war because there is much more to lose.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 03:38:43 am »
There is no question that those who have understood technology and globalization have done better than those who have not.  That is a double edged sword.  as I used to tell my students: these forces are relentless, unstoppable and beyond your control.  But you can control whether you capitalize on them or not.

The lack of economic cooperation between countries can also lead to war.  Countries that depend on each other for critical resources are less likely to engage in war because there is much more to lose.

That's right, but implies a nationalist framework.
That is not what is afoot.

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 10:15:12 am »
There is no question that those who have understood technology and globalization have done better than those who have not.

Apples to oranges @massadvj    You're talking financial profits .. I'm referring to political domination on a global scale using production and distribution as the weapon of choice.

Nope. China opted out of this paradigm ---- rendering it moot.  In fact, war itself is being redefined.

We need updated platitudes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 11:37:05 am »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/hungarian-prime-minister-warns-the-west-against-a-communist-takeover_4644936.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily

Hungarian Prime Minister Warns the West Against a Communist Takeover
Viktor Orban kicks off CPAC in Dallas

By Darlene McCormick Sanchez
August 5, 2022

Excerpt:
Viktor Orban, the Hungarian prime minister, told hundreds of conservatives in Texas on Thursday that his country defeated communism—and now America must do the same.

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Orban told the crowd that America is fighting for its life against progressives and globalists, which are communists.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 03:17:01 pm »
Full text of his comments and video of speech is at https://miniszterelnok.hu/speech-by-prim...-of-cpac-texas/

Most wisdom I have read or heard since Reagan.

Speech by Prime Minister Viktor Orbán at the opening of CPAC Texas
source: Cabinet Office of the Prime Minister
4 August 2022, Dallas

Thank You, Everybody!

It’s great to be with you! It’s fantastic, to be here, in Texas, the Lone Star State of the great United States of America. If I am correct, Lone Star State means that independence, freedom, and sovereignty are the dearest values in this part of America. If this is true – and it must be true, as I look around – then we have something in common, even if Hungary is over 5000 miles from Dallas. My country, Hungary, is the Lone Star State of Europe. The main difference between our countries is that unfortunately the Ewing Oil Company is not paying corporate income tax in Budapest. But Independence, Freedom, and Sovereignty is what we, Hungarians fought for in the last 500 years. We fought for Christianity in the Middle and Modern Ages. And we fought for Christian Democracy in the twentieth century, and continue to fight to this day. We are a nation of 15 million, in the heart of Europe with a unique language. Pope Francis once told me that Hungarian was the official language in Heaven, because it takes an eternity to learn. It’s just a slight exaggeration. That’s probably enough to know about Hungary.

As for myself, you should know that I am an old-fashioned freedom fighter. I am also the longest serving Prime Minister in Europe, the only anti-migration political leader on our continent, a father of 5, and grandfather to 5 grandchildren. A leader of a country that is under the siege of progressive liberals day-by-day. There are many things that a Central European, Anti-Communist, old-fashioned freedom fighter, raised under Communist rule, never dared to dream of. One of them is giving a speech at a CPAC here in the United States. In the Land of the Free, where the Spirit of Liberty shines brighter than at any other place on Earth. Today, this dream came true! And I can never be grateful enough. So, I want to thank the organizers for inviting me, especially Matt Schlapp, and thank you all for welcoming me.

The most distinguished conservatives of the United States want me to speak at their conference. I was wondering in the last two or three weeks what you want to hear from me? I come from a thousand-year-old country with rich history, but let’s be honest: Hungary is far from being a Global Superpower. The U.S. is a Global Superpower. Your leaders should give an opening speech at our conferences in Hungary. But I think you managed to confuse a lot of people by inviting me. For example, the leftist media. I can already see tomorrow’s headlines: “Far-right European racist and anti-Semite strongman, the Trojan horse of Putin, holds speech at conservative conference.” But I don’t want to give them any ideas. They know best how to write Fake News. Instead, I’ll tell you the truth: in Hungary we introduced a zero-tolerance policy on racism and anti-Semitism, so accusing us is fake news, and those who make these claims are simply idiots. They are the industrial Fake News Corporation.

Progressive NGOs are probably confused as well. They are already busy writing their so-called ‘research papers’ to inform Americans how I destroyed Hungarian democracy. According to their research I managed to ruin Hungary’s Democracy in 2011. And then, they say, I ruined it again in 2012. And then in 2013, and 2014, 2015. And so on. Each and every year! But how did I manage to destroy something that was already ruined? To answer this question you have to be a rabid liberal.

Finally, with my invitation you have surprised the elite of the Democratic Party too. I want to be clear: we respect the government of the United States. We are guests here, and we need to behave decently with the current administration as well. But there is another side of the coin, which I cannot ignore. Your administration has put Europe and especially Brussels under ideological pressure. This is not good for us. It’s bad.

The Obama Administration tried to force us to change the Fundamental law of Hungary, and delete Christian and national values from it. Do you get it? The leading power of the free world wanted to force us to change our constitution according to a globalist liberal concept. How bizarre! This came as a surprise, and caused us a lot of pain. But we resisted this attempt successfully. Since then, we are not the favourites of the American Democrats. They did not want me to be here, and they made every effort to drive a wedge between us. They hate me and slander me and my country as they hate you and slander you and the America you stand for. We all know how this works. Progressive liberals didn’t want me to be here because they knew what I would tell you. Because I am here to tell you that we should unite our forces. Because we, Hungarians know how to defeat the enemies of freedom on the political battlefield.

Dear Friends,

We, Hungarians defeated Communism, which was forced on us by soviet troops and arms. It took a while. We began our fight in 1956 and won in 1990. But we did it. Our fathers fired the first shot, and we, their sons won the war. We know what we have Ronald Reagan to thank for. But communists are tough to beat. They rose from their ashes, came together with the liberals and come back all around the world, stronger than ever. If somebody has doubts whether progressive liberals and communists are the same, just ask us, Hungarians. We fought them both, and I can tell you: they are the same. So, we had to defeat them again. And since 2010, we keep winning, winning and winning. Last time with the endorsement of Donald Trump, which we are grateful for. So much winning, that we’re just scratching our heads. You know, winning has become our daily habit. But we know the old saying: yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games. I’ve been a member of parliament for 32 years, spending 16 years in opposition and 16 years as prime minister. I learned that “A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.” This is the secret of our victories. You have to stand by your country in good times and in bad times.

Dear Friends,

I am here to tell you that we should share our experiences. I am here to tell you that our values: the nation, Christian roots and family can be successful in the political battlefield. Even nowadays, when political life is ruled by liberal hegemony. I am here to tell you how we made these values successful and mainstream in Hungary! Perhaps our story can help you Keep America Great!

So here is our story. The key to our success story is that when we fight we give at least 100 per cent. We tell the truth and represent the truth, even if half the world attacks us for it. You cannot win half-heartedly. You either give everything you have got and win, or play it safe and lose.

So, first and foremost: we need to trust our Judeo-Christian teachings. They help us decide what actions are right and what actions are wrong. If you believe in God, you also believe that we humans were created in God’s image. Therefore, we have to be brave enough to address even the most sensitive questions: migration, gender, and the clash of civilisations. Don’t worry: a Christian politician cannot be racist. So we should never hesitate to heavily challenge our opponents on these issues. Be sure: Christian values protect us from going too far. Moreover, we know that at the end of our lives, the moment will come when all our actions will be judged. So you can’t do everything. You have limits. As Clint Eastwood said: ‘A man has got to know his limitations.’ But unfortunately the Left in politics does not know any limitations.

And my friends, as it happens, today’s progressives try to separate Western Civilization from its Christian roots once again. They are crossing a line that should never be crossed. If you separate Western Civilization from its Judeo-Christian heritage, the worst things in history happen.

Let’s be honest: the most evil things in modern history were carried out by people who hated Christianity. Don’t be afraid to call your enemies by their name. You can play it safe, but they will never show mercy. Consider for example George Soros, as you call him here. In Hungary, we call him: Gyuri bácsi, which means Uncle Georgie. The wealthiest and one of the most talented Hungarians on Earth! Just a hint: Be careful with talented Hungarians! I know George Soros very well. He is my opponent. He believes in none of the things that we do. And he has an army at his service: money, NGOs, universities, research institutions and half the bureaucracy in Brussels. He uses this army to force his will on his opponents, like us Hungarians. He thinks that values dear to all of us led to the horrors of the twentieth century. But the case is exactly the opposite. Our values save us from repeating history’s mistakes. The horrors of Nazism and Communism happened because some Western States in continental Europe abandoned their Christian values. And today’s progressives are planning to do the same. They want to give up on western values, and create a New World, a Post Western World. Who is going to stop them if we don’t?

Dear Friends,

I have also learned that in order to win, it is not enough to know what you are fighting for. You also have to know how you should fight. My answer is: Play by your own rules! But how do you do that? It is as simple as it sounds. You must play to win. ‘You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.’ You have to believe that you are better than your left-liberal opponents are. And don’t care what the liberals say! They always say you will lose. They say it cannot be done.

You just have to prove them wrong. But there is one thing I have learned. We cannot fight successfully by liberal means because our opponents use liberal institutions, concept, and language to disguise their Marxist and hegemonist plans.

Politics, my Friends, are not enough – this war is a culture war. We have to revitalize our churches, our families, our universities and our community institutions. Hungary is an old, proud but David-sized nation standing alone against the Woke Globalist Goliath. We invite the solidarity of the American conservatives. They are in total attack, so we need a total defence. You have to be brave. If you feel fear, you have a job to do. The only thing we Hungarians can show you is how to fight back by our own rules. Let me give you a couple of examples.

On migration, Ladies and Gentlemen, we were the first ones in Europe who said no to illegal migration, and stopped the invasion of illegal migrants. We believe that stopping illegal immigration is necessary to protect our nation. We in Hungary decided to ask the people, whether they want illegal migration or not. We held a referendum. Hungarian people decided, they don’t want migration. So they don’t want to play by the rules of the progressives. They rejected the false claim that migrants cannot be stopped, and forced us leaders to act. And we stopped illegal migration. We have actually built that wall! And it stopped illegal migration. As Tucker Carlson said, when he visited us: “It is not a high-tech wall but guarded by people who love their country.” And the border protection system works!

During the great migration crisis in 2015, 400 thousand illegal migrants came to our borders.

This is almost three times as much as Genghis Khan had when he invaded Europe. After we built the wall, we managed to reduce illegal migration to zero. This year, we have already suffered 160 thousand illegal border crossing attempts. 160 thousand illegal border crossing attempts. So, we at the Hungarian borders catch every illegal migrant and escort them back to the other side of the border. The rule is simple: you can apply for asylum at our Embassies, but if you try to come to Hungary illegally you will never ever make it! Even though we are under pressure not only from the South, but also from the eggheads of the European Union as well. Yes, this is the case, my Friends! They want us to give up our zero-migration policy, because they also know that this is the decisive and final battle of the future. But the future is the most important thing we can give to our children and our grandchildren. So in Hungary we will never surrender!

Dear Friends,

Let’s move on to family policy, which is the heart of our politics. Progressives claim all over the world that families should not be protected. In Europe they say there is no such thing as family, because love is love and family is family. If you cannot define family, nothing is a family. And they say that western families are the places where the oppression of the so-called patriarchy begins. But in the case of family policy, in Hungary we again played by our own rules. We know that family is the place to transfer the values of parents to a next generation. If traditional families are gone, there is nothing that can save the West from going under. Therefore, last year in Hungary we spent more than 6 per cent of our GDP on family policy. All subsidies are already available to families following conception. Families automatically get tax breaks, the state takes over your student loans after your third child. Women are exempt from paying personal income tax for life after the birth of their fourth child. And we are fighting to extend the same zero tax policy for mothers with three children. So, if you are not married yet, you should immediately find a Hungarian wife! In the last 10 years, Ladies and Gentlemen, the number of marriages has doubled, and the number of abortions has halved in Hungary. It’s not a bad start.

Dear Friends,

In Hungary we had to build not just a physical wall on our borders and a financial wall around our families, but a legal wall around our children to protect them from the gender ideology that targets them. Let’s be clear. They think that parents should follow the progressive way of parenting. If they refuse to do so, they should be forced by the state. We Hungarians know this old communist trick and we reject it! Hungarian people rejected sexual orientation programs in schools without parental consent at a referendum again. Never before has there been a referendum in the long history of Hungary where such a huge majority of people said no to gender or anything!

Now the Hungarian Constitution protects families and children. Let me quote a few sentences from our Fundamental Law. Our Constitution reads: “The family and the nation constitute the principal framework of our coexistence.” “Hungarian state institutions are obliged to protect the Christian culture of Hungary.” “Hungary shall protect the institution of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.” “Family ties shall be based on marriage or the relationship between parents and children.” To sum up: the mother is a woman, the father is a man, and leave our kids alone. Full stop! End of discussion!

Dear Friends,

Another factor of our success is that my government is devoted to Law and Order without compromise. We decided we don’t need more genders; we need more rangers. Less drag queens, and more Chuck Norris. We believe there is no freedom without order. If there is no order, you get chaos. In Hungary, Law Enforcement Agencies are not peoples’ enemies. They are the guardians of freedom. Therefore law should not protect criminals, but protect the victims and those who are defending the law. Police should be well respected. So Hungary is the safest country in Europe. Actually, Budapest is among the very few European capitals, where you can walk around safely even in night-time. In Hungary you will only hear: “more funds to the Police!”

And finally, a few remarks on taxation, dear Friends,

Progressives always want your money: they love higher taxes. We believe that people should have their money in their own hands. To this end, we introduced a flat tax on personal income, which is currently 15 per cent. In just 10 years-time we reduced the tax wedge by 10 per cent, which was the biggest tax cut in Europe. We have the lowest corporate income tax in Europe, which is a flat 9 per cent. With this low corporate income tax last year, we had a 27 per cent investment rate, which was among the best in Europe. Just recently we came under fire again when we went against the Global Minimum Tax initiative. All European countries surrendered. Hungary is the last man standing. But the empire always strikes back. The current U.S. administration decided to terminate the tax treaty between Hungary and the United States. Which was probably the best tax deal ever negotiated. It was good for U.S. investors. There are 1.700 U.S. companies operating in Hungary. I think it was indeed the revenge of the Left. Because the U.S. Treasury somehow forgot that they have a very similar treaty with Russia. But not with Hungary anymore. Funny, isn’t it?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Finally, we need to talk about the war. Ukraine is our neighbour. We are in full solidarity with them. The attack of Russia against Ukraine has forced close to 1 million refugees to Hungary so far. Currently, more than 10 thousand refugees every day. The majority of these refugees ventures further into Europe, but one million people entering a country of 10 million is a lot. In my view, the globalist leaders’ strategy escalates and prolongs war and decreases the chance of peace. Without American-Russian talks there will never be peace in Ukraine. More and more people will die and suffer, and our economies will come to the brink of collapse. I cannot tell you what to do; it is your sovereign decision. I can however tell you one thing: only strong leaders are able to make peace. We in the neighbourhood of Ukraine are desperately in need of strong leaders, who are capable of negotiating a peace deal. Mayday, mayday! Please help us! We need a strong America with a strong leader.

Dear Friends,

I think I’ve provoked you long enough. So before Matt Schlapp takes my microphone away, let’s come to a conclusion. The world has several great nations, but none with the power and influence of the United States. For better or for worse, the world looks to you for the future. And the future of the West is in grave doubt. We in the West have not faced a crisis like this for a long time. The ideological wars of the twentieth century – against the totalitarian powers of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union – were terrible, but democratic West rallied, and defeated them both. Now the West is at war with itself. We have seen what future the globalist ruling class has to offer. But we have a different future in mind. The globalists can all go to Hell; I have come to Texas!

So, we must take up the fight. Victory will never be found by taking the path of least resistance. We must take back the institutions in Washington and in Brussels. We must find friends and allies in one another. We must coordinate the movement of our troops, because we face the same challenge. You have midterm elections this year. Then presidential and congressional elections in 2024. And we will have elections in the European Parliament the same year. These two locations will define the two fronts in the battle being fought for western civilization. Today we hold neither of them. Yet we need both. We have two years to get ready. I have to tell it won’t be easy. But don’t be afraid; just believe in Saint John Paul, the Polish pope’s teaching: ‘There is no enemy that Christ has not already defeated.’ So let’s go out and do it!

God bless Texas! God bless our friendship! Good luck and goodbye!
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 01:04:07 am »

Well, that premise of the poorest people in the USA have access to goods and services that they need is just not true.  I know of 3 families that are being evicted from their homes because they are unable to make ends meet due to skyrocketing prices.  So much for cheap goods. Also, there are plenty of homeless people on the streets; they are NOT getting the goods and services that they need. Many are not the stereotypical drug users, mentally ill or inflicted with other ailments.  Many homeless actually have jobs but don't make enough to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.  So much for living better!

Globalization??  What you are witnessing with Joe making us energy dependent, pushing for no fossil fuels and clean energy, inflation, a massive tax bill that just passed and all this 'woke' crappola is being done for the globalist, marxist, communist 'Great Reset'.

Sorry, I am not one for globalization.  When the USA goes, so will go most of the World.  We will be a 3rd world country at best, defending one's self and family will be the norm.  We will see total chaos.

No thanks.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 01:13:24 am »
Well, that premise of the poorest people in the USA have access to goods and services that they need is just not true.  I know of 3 families that are being evicted from their homes because they are unable to make ends meet due to skyrocketing prices.  So much for cheap goods. Also, there are plenty of homeless people on the streets; they are NOT getting the goods and services that they need. Many are not the stereotypical drug users, mentally ill or inflicted with other ailments.  Many homeless actually have jobs but don't make enough to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.  So much for living better!

Globalization??  What you are witnessing with Joe making us energy dependent, pushing for no fossil fuels and clean energy, inflation, a massive tax bill that just passed and all this 'woke' crappola is being done for the globalist, marxist, communist 'Great Reset'.

Sorry, I am not one for globalization.  When the USA goes, so will go most of the World.  We will be a 3rd world country at best, defending one's self and family will be the norm.  We will see total chaos.

No thanks.

Just to be clear, I support globalism in the sense that I support free and fair trade across borders.  I do not support global wealth redistribution, global taxation, or global governance.  I think the problems you cite are not the result of free trade capitalism.  We do not have free trade capitalism, and haven't for over a century, so it cannot be the cause of any current social problems. These problems are the result of progressive socialism. My evidence of this is that the places where these problems are most prevalent tend to be run by progressive socialists, not free market capitalists.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 01:18:28 am by massadvj »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 01:19:29 am »
Just to be clear, I support globalism in the sense that I support free and fair trade across borders.  I do not support global wealth redistribution, global taxation, or global governance.  I think the problems you cite are not the result of free trade capitalism, simply because we do not have free trade capitalism.  These problems are the result of progressive socialism. My evidence of this is that the places where these problems are most prevalent tend to be run by progressive socialists, not free market capitalists.

@massadvj  understood.  However there is little "fair" trade where the U.S. is concerned; especially with China.  Trump had that relatively under control.  Joe has made a total mess of what was accomplished.

Progressive socialism is fast approaching with a push to do away with capitalism. Communism is truly a possibility.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 01:21:14 am »
Just to be clear, I support globalism in the sense that I support free and fair trade across borders. 
Just like Communism, nice idea on paper, impractical in the real world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 01:59:58 am by sneakypete »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 12:26:30 pm »
Just like Communism, nice idea on paper, impractical in the real world.

Communism never looked good on paper to me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 12:44:28 pm »
Communism never looked good on paper to me.

@massadvj

Then you must have grown up privileged.

If you had grown up poor,it would have looked like another version of Santa to you as a child/someone not aware of the realities of the real world.

Or maybe you just didn't even think of it.

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2022, 07:11:47 pm »
@massadvj  understood.  However there is little "fair" trade where the U.S. is concerned; especially with China.

Agree @libertybele

Free and fair markets don’t include foreign communist nations with slave labor and higher tariffs against U.S. products  ---- nor does it include promoting a communist nation to the controls of the global supply chain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 08:11:20 pm »
@massadvj

Then you must have grown up privileged.

If you had grown up poor,it would have looked like another version of Santa to you as a child/someone not aware of the realities of the real world.

Or maybe you just didn't even think of it.

I'll call you on that @sneakypete
I have a pretty deep understanding of the concepts in communism.
And there were times getting raised that I was certainly poor...

But communism never held any promise for me.
Growing up poor also means growing up street-wise.
And while folks may take advantage of all the free stuff in communism,
I doubt entirely that they believe in it.

Two things, from a street level view:
It has to be harder on the bottom than it is one rung up... Necessarily, or no one would work.

And like it:
Any claim to removing risk also removes profit. In a more social statement:
Remove individualism and you will remove prosperity - And every chance of prosperity.

Santa is bullshit. Nothing is free.
If you don't think the poor understand that, even better than most, then you've another think coming.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2022, 08:17:15 pm »
I'll call you on that @sneakypete
I have a pretty deep understanding of the concepts in communism.
And there were times getting raised that I was certainly poor...

But communism never held any promise for me.
Growing up poor also means growing up street-wise.
And while folks may take advantage of all the free stuff in communism,
I doubt entirely that they believe in it.

Two things, from a street level view:
It has to be harder on the bottom than it is one rung up... Necessarily, or no one would work.

And like it:
Any claim to removing risk also removes profit. In a more social statement:
Remove individualism and you will remove prosperity - And every chance of prosperity.

Santa is bullshit. Nothing is free.
If you don't think the poor understand that, even better than most, then you've another think coming.

888high58888

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2022, 08:25:04 pm »

That is rather unfair, @libertybele - Using this moment to drive the point.
Quite the opposite is true if you'll pan back and see the larger picture.

Our poor all have cell phones.
Our poor tend to be fat... Because they are given aid by both government and church.
No one needs to go hungry in the west. Equally, access to medicine - often better than those who can afford insurance. Our poor have access to transportation and  many own a conveyance.

In fact - And it is a fact - the poor in the west (and particularly in the states) have a better kind of living than most of the people in the world.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »
That is rather unfair, @libertybele - Using this moment to drive the point.
Quite the opposite is true if you'll pan back and see the larger picture.

@libertybele

I return to this to soften the blow... I got to thinking this sounded rather accusatory, because in my haste, I over-edited the notion I intended to impart...

The folks you are pointing to are not the poor.
They are the working poor, which is different.

The poor are, and largely have been, protected from the inflation and recession. That is not perfectly true, but I think you will find that both social security payments and welfare payments, to include food stamps have all increased.

Now, again it is not perfectly true - Section 8 housing has been lacking for years... But by and large, the lion's share in participation in those programs include section 8 housing, protected from rent increases.

Those that are feeling the pain right now are not the poor.