Author Topic: China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit  (Read 2077 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit
« on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:54 pm »

AP News
By ELLEN KNICKMEYER, ZEKE MILLER and DAVID RISING
22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — China announced Friday it was ending all contact with the United States on major issues — including crucial climate cooperation credited with leading to the international 2015 Paris accord — as tensions and public rebukes ratcheted higher between the two powers over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan.

China’s move to freeze key lines of communication adds to a rapid souring of relations from Pelosi’s visit and from the Chinese response with military exercises off Taiwan, including firing missiles that splashed down in surrounding waters. The White House summoned China’s ambassador, Qin Gang, late Thursday to tell him that the military actions were of “concern to Taiwan, to us and to our partners around the world,” said spokesman John Kirby.

Ominously, experts in China-U.S. relations warned that China’s diplomatic and military moves appeared to go beyond retaliatory measures for the visit and could open a new, more openly hostile era, and a more uncertain time for Taiwan’s democratic government. China-U.S. relations are “in a downward spiral,” said Bonnie Glaser, head of the Asia program at the German Marshall Fund.

“And I think that China is likely to change the status quo in the Taiwan Strait in ways that are going to be harmful to Taiwan and are going to be disadvantageous to the United States,” Glaser said.

(more)
https://apnews.com/article/taiwan-china-asia-beijing-b252479810add6a225fa1e4a6d441983
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:16:40 pm »
China will probably aggressively challenge freedom of navigation in the Taiwan Strait.

Way to go, Nancy ... and the Office of House Speaker has no Constitutional foreign policy role, whatsoever.

Biden should have refused her re-entry to the United States for undermining his foreign policy.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 05:18:42 pm »
What crucial climate cooperation would that be, the conning of ignorant  and naive democrats into destroying America's economy and energy sector while they continue to build coal fired generation and pollute the environment worse than any other nation on Earth? And military cooperation? Is that what they stealing our defense secrets and what they can't steal they buy from democrats?

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 05:48:58 pm »
China is absolutely disgusting ... not much better than India, to be honest.  It is a fool's errand to enter into an environmental pact with them.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 05:54:29 pm »
Because American politicians are corrupt short sighted greedy fools, half of U.S. military equipment, medical equipment, and prescription drugs have some involvement with Chinese parts and manufacturing. If China has cut military ties, no doubt that key parts, chips, and components needed to keep our military war machine active will be cut as well. This will have a HUGE impact on American military readiness.

And the Chinese knew this and know this the whole time. Bribe a couple of Congressmen with whores and money, and now WE control the American Military. LOL!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:03:20 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 06:00:34 pm »
Meh.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 06:01:59 pm »
What crucial climate cooperation would that be, the conning of ignorant  and naive democrats into destroying America's economy and energy sector while they continue to build coal fired generation and pollute the environment worse than any other nation on Earth? And military cooperation? Is that what they stealing our defense secrets and what they can't steal they buy from democrats?

Good observation.

Why would the Chicoms abandon their best weapon (enviro-whacko-ism) to destroy their western adverseries?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 06:12:19 pm »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 06:16:27 pm »

Cut us off and don't sell them to us anymore.  Win Win.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 06:39:20 pm »

If only they would have 'detained' Nancy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 06:49:29 pm »

Tripple win.  A trifecta.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 06:53:57 pm »
Good, climate crap is BS anyway.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 06:55:14 pm »
I agree. This is going to break through the glass ceiling of incompetence and gaslighting by the politicians. What this will do, is to expose how fundamentally and foundationally dependent America has made itself to the whims of China. America has become so utterly dependent on China, I doubt America can function without them. And China knows this, full well.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:14:30 pm by 240B »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 07:19:44 pm »
Does this mean China will now refuse to sell solar panels and wind turbines to the US?

Please let it be so.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »
All to convince voters that nancy's ties with china are broken so when she ascends the throne of power (VP) she will have one less weak point.  Slow joe is on his way out...

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 07:54:30 pm »

All to convince voters that nancy's ties with china are broken so when she ascends the throne of power (VP) she will have one less weak point.  Slow joe is on his way out...
True. That's what this COVID bullshit is all about. Joe comes out and says, "I'm cured! I'm OK!" His controllers follow Joe's announcement in hours with, "NOPE, he's got COVID again." Get back to your basement Joe.

I think that last trip to the Middle East was his opus. He must have said or done something (maybe something we do not even know about) that caused even Soros and Obama to say, "That's enough. This guy has got to go. His melting brain dangerous." Maybe they are worried Biden may spill the beans about everything going on behind the scenes, even by accident. Quick! Get him back to his basement! NOW!

I doubt it will be Pelosi. Pelosi is a cutthroat with nothing to lose and is afraid of nothing and nobody. It is difficult to control someone that old. I think the cabal currently running the Presidency would be scared of her. She could easily turn on all of them and install herself as Empress of the World.

This current lunacy sweeping the internet saying women do not cause wars is diametrically opposed to all of history. Some of the longest and bloodiest wars and civil purges in history were run by Queens.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 08:14:31 pm by 240B »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 08:07:11 pm »

Pelosi's job is to get her boy, Newsom to the White House.

Offline berdie

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 08:48:22 pm »

China will not sign on to the GND. I don't care what their lying mouths say. Actually, they are smarter. And you are 100 per cent correct about military cooperation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 09:05:22 pm »
Composed this reply after reading only the title:
"China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit"

Seriously... what's the downside to this...?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 09:20:34 pm »
Democrat Delusions ...

The kinder gentler Taliban 2.0 are fully onboard with all of our diversity LGTXYZ crap. They will help us fight global terrorism. <- a real thing they actually said and believed. This is why they gave the Taliban $70 Billion in top shelf war armaments and control over all the airports with a list of all American personnel assets in Afghanistan.

Xi/China is our friend and partner in Asia. China is fully onboard with all of our national suicide plans for eliminating fossil fuels and carbon emissions. <- of course they are onboard. China will never do any of this Green Deal self-immolation, but they are eager to help America kill itself. Of course they are.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:21:20 pm by 240B »

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 09:54:18 pm »
First I don't think the puppeteers will let The Cackler choose The Mad Queen of Hearts as her VP, they have other plans to pick Harris's successor and that will surely not be another dementially challenged member of the Geritol club. Plus I just don't think you could even get a majority of democrats to approve the witch.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2022, 10:08:10 pm »
Composed this reply after reading only the title:
"China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit"

Seriously... what's the downside to this...?

I was wondering the same thing.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 02:20:02 pm »
First I don't think the puppeteers will let The Cackler choose The Mad Queen of Hearts as her VP, they have other plans to pick Harris's successor and that will surely not be another dementially challenged member of the Geritol club. Plus I just don't think you could even get a majority of democrats to approve the witch.
Don't be too sure, she knows where a lot of skeletons are buried. I do think she is maneuvering to get Newsome into the VP slot if Slo Joe takes a knee.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2022, 03:04:45 pm »
No way two people from the same state are P and VP nor both women
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 03:05:40 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2022, 05:07:55 pm »
:pondering: Wouldn't result in them doing us a favor while punishing themselves?