Author Topic: Prosecutor In Brittney Griner Case Seeks 9.5 Year Prison Sentence...update  (Read 1019 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutor In Brittney Griner Case Seeks 9.5 Year Prison Sentence
Carmine Sabia August 4, 2022

WNBA star Brittney Griner just got some news she definitely did not want to hear from the prosecutor of her drug case in Russia.

The prosecutor is seeking a nine-and-a-half-year sentence for the basketball star who pleaded guilty to carrying cannabis oil in Russia, Reuters reported.

Her attorney argued that there are other big-name athletes who use cannabis as a defense for her client.

“In sprinting there is Usain Bolt, in Formula 1 – Michael Schumacher, and in women’s basketball there is Brittney Griner,” her attorney Maria Blagovolina said.

On Wednesday, her attorney announced that her trial in Russia should be done soon.

“She still knows that the end (of her trial) is near and of course, she heard the news, so she is hoping that sometime she could be coming home,” her attorney, Maria Blagovolina, said, Reuters reported.

Her attorney said that after the trial a trade of Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, known as the “Merchant of Death” for Griner was “legally possible.”

more
https://conservativebrief.com/sentence-65186/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:52:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Prosecutor In Brittney Griner Case Seeks 9.5 Year Prison Sentence
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 01:39:55 pm »
Her attorney argued that there are other big-name athletes who use cannabis as a defense for her client.
Seems irrelevant to me, unless so-called medical marijuana is permitted in Russia.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Found Guilty..no sentence yet
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:52:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Found Guilty..no sentence yet

I'm pretty sure she plead Guilty.  Russia will throw the book at her in order to snub Biteme.  I doubt very much Putin would give that up for an arms dealer. 

Maybe Grinder will spend some time learning all three stanzas of the Star Spangled Banner.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sentenced to 9.5 years and $16k fine...
Support the USO

Online DB

I'd guess any other non Russian citizen professional working there has or is packing their bags.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd guess any other non Russian citizen professional working there has or is packing their bags.

I doubt it.  These aliens are there because they love the commie system and people like that always think the rules don't apply to them.  Grinder is more surprised than anybody she got busted, I'm sure.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sentenced to 9.5 years and $16k fine...

What a shame.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What a shame.

I was hoping for 10 to 20.  Let the bitch rot there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Griner Will Not Be Getting a Cushy Cell, WNBA Star Instead Being Sent to Russian Prison Colony
 By Grant Atkinson  August 4, 2022

Following her Thursday conviction on drug charges in Russia, WNBA star Brittney Griner will not be getting special treatment in a fancy jail. Instead, she is being sent straight to a Russian penal colony.

According to The New York Times, a Russian judge convicted Griner on charges of attempting to smuggle illegal narcotics into the country.

She received a nine-year sentence, and unlike in the United States, Griner will not be guaranteed safety from cruel punishment.

“Corrective labor colonies” are the most common type of prison in Russia, Unherd reported. But that does not mean they are a walk in the park.

In fact, the outlet described these penal colonies as “a place where the authorities can act with impunity, free to torture prisoners in the hope of extracting a false confession.”

In these colonies, prisoners are assigned to “work brigades” and given daily tasks to complete, Unherd reported. Even if they complete the tasks, the system is designed to punish them further.

“In many ways, even more cruel was the Catch-22 built into [the] forced labour: Fill your work quotas and the quotas themselves will be increased; yet fail to meet them and you’ll be punished.”

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/griner-will-not-getting-cushy-cell-wnba-star-instead-sent-russian-prison-colony/
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

I was hoping for 10 to 20.  Let the bitch rot there.

Is it really a "bitch"?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Can they wake Griner every morning with the US national anthem?

Offline dfwgator

LOL, I would love it if they did that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I prefer "Grinder" because it's the the Ghey hook-up App.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This Griner gal is black, right...?

Why can't she use her "black privilege card"?

Asking for a friend...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She thought she could take outlawed drugs to Russia and skate by playing the woke race card, simple as that.

Not the wisest angle to play in a country where the ethnicity of the indigenous people is not yours, and they don't give a crap what yours is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I heard her speak today to say she was sorry.  I never knew she was a man.  Hope she fairs well in her new housing.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.