Author Topic: Pennsylvania Democrat switches parties after 34 years  (Read 194 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pennsylvania Democrat switches parties after 34 years
« on: August 05, 2022, 12:54:32 pm »
Pennsylvania Democrat switches parties after 34 years

By Bailee Hill, Fox News
August 5, 2022

Pennsylvania Democrats are leaving the party in droves, with almost 8,400 Democrats in just the western part of the state switching parties to become Republicans ahead of the 2022 midterm elections.

Pennsylvania mother Beth Ann Rosica joined “Fox & Friends First” to discuss the data and what issues she believes are prompting the mass exodus.

“I think the economy is huge, and I also think a lot of the school issues for parents across the state of Pennsylvania, it’s just been horrific watching what’s happened to our kids academically, socially, emotionally,” Rosica told co-host Carley Shimkus.

“All of these failed policies have just really resulted in academic losses.”

Rosica said many parents are “fed up and disgusted with what’s happened here over the last two and a half years” with surging inflation and gas prices.

According to the Pennsylvania Department of State, more than 39,000 Democrats have switched their party registration in 2022. In contrast, only around 12,000 voters have switched to the Democratic Party from the GOP.

“As a former Democrat for 34 years prior to the pandemic, I too thought that the Democratic Party was really focused on the people that they pretend to support,” Rosica said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/05/pennsylvania-democrat-switches-parties-after-34-years/