Author Topic: Gold futures score highest finish in a month, top $1,800 as investors focus on U.S. recession odds  (Read 432 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Gold futures score highest finish in a month, top $1,800 as investors focus on U.S. recession odds

Gold prices finished 1.7% higher on Thursday to reclaim a footing above the key $1,800 mark, as investors focused on the chances of the U.S. economy slipping into a recession. December gold GCZ22, 1.82% GC00, 1.82% closed up 1.7% to settle at $1,806.90 an ounce on Comex, the highest finish for the most-active contract since June 30, according to FactSet data. Demand for the precious metal was attributed to falling U.S. Treasury yields and the ICE US Dollar index [s:dxy] against a basket of rival currencies, factors that can make gold relatively more attractive to haven-seeking investors. ...............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-futures-score-highest-finish-in-a-month-top-1800-as-investors-focus-on-us-recession-odds-2022-08-04?mod=mw_latestnews
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
$1800/oz. and lower is right now my bargain benchmark for the lovely metal.

Stocked up nicley at $1722.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.