Author Topic: Chris Christie says 2024 presidential race will feature Trump, Cotton, Pence, and Cruz and force GOP  (Read 1284 times)

Offline libertybele

The jelly doughnut boy wishes that he was relevant.

Chris Christie says 2024 presidential race will feature Trump, Cotton, Pence, and Cruz and force GOP voters to choose between 'the party of me or the party of us'

Chris Christie predicts that fewer than a dozen Republicans will run for president in 2024.

He bills Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Ted Cruz, and Tom Cotton as top contenders.

Christie says the decision comes down to appeasing one man or supporting the entire country.

Onetime Trump ally and possible 2024 presidential contender Chris Christie said the top of the next GOP ticket will probably feature Donald Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Sen. Ted Cruz, or maybe a half dozen others, and will be a test of who'll guide the party into the future.

"My guess is it'll be somewhere between six and eight. And I think that you'll see people talking about whether the future of the Republican Party is as the party of me or the party of us," the former New Jersey governor told conservative talk-show host Hugh Hewitt on Thursday.

Christie also tossed Trump-appointed former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas into the potential mix with the embattled former president, Trump's estranged, two-time former running mate, and the Texas Republican Trump trounced in the 2016 presidential contest................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chris-christie-says-2024-presidential-173021185.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

I would vote for Cotton in a minute.
I could still be talked into voting for Cruz - Though it would take some talking...

The rest of em ain't worth the effort.

Online roamer_1

But I do not believe there will be a Cotton or a Cruz. Pence perhaps, and a boatload of RINOs

And while I have nothing against Pence (other than I know he's spineless and some of what he did as governor he would have to answer for), too many do. So trying to hang anything on Pence is a non-starter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
After Cruz' comment calling J6 protestors "terrorist", and his little Cancun trip during the deep freeze?.....

Heck with being POTUS, he might lose his  senate seat next time.

And this is coming from one of his prior biggest and earliest supporters.

Cotton, along with DeSantis might be a fine alternative to Trump.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:26:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Fat Tub of S__ says what?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
After Cruz' comment calling J6 protestors "terrorist", and his little Cancun trip during the deep freeze?.....

Heck with being POTUS, he might lose his  senate seat next time.

And this is coming from one of his prior biggest and earliest supporters.

Cruz is not constitutionally qualified to run for president and I will not vote for him. Cotton maybe. Desantis is doing a great job in Florida at present and probably needs to stay there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

After Cruz' comment calling J6 protestors "terrorist"

YEP. That's a hard hit. But I do not really know the context, and will reserve judgement on that till I do... Even if it was a slip of the tongue that he later retracted... I can get over that.

The big one for me is that he was the literal spear-point of the TEA party... We all hung our hopes on him... He was the child of promise.

That he voted *FOR* all of the Porkulous packages is directly against every_single_thing he purportedly stood for in the TEA Party.

THAT is hard to swallow.

That he attached his lips to Tumpy's rear after what he did to his family - That too is a hard pass. Somebody did that to my kin, they'd be done. Forever. Well past bygones being bygones. Goes to character - which was flawless - But is no more.

and his little Cancun trip during the deep freeze?.....

I get that... But, if the vacation was booked long before, it might have looked bad... But I can get over it.

That's right. I CAN vote for Cotton, and I can probably vote for DeSantis... Very good chance of that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:44:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm just shocked he didn't put himself on that list.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cruz is not constitutionally qualified to run for president and I will not vote for him. Cotton maybe. Desantis is doing a great job in Florida at present and probably needs to stay there.
I think it's guaranteed that if Trump runs Cruz won't.

Offline Killer Clouds

Fat Tub of S__ says what?
Roamer says he only votes for alt-right conservatives.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Is that germane to this topic?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

That's bullshit. I am not associated in the least with the alt-right.
I am a Conservative. I vote for Conservatives.

And don't think the 'fat tub of sh*t' accusation was lost on me.

Keep making it personal. You'll get @Cyber Liberty 's boot up your ass.
Of course though, as always, it's all you got.

Online roamer_1

Nah... He just had to get a cheap poke in. For no reason. Out of the blue.
With no courtesy ping.

It's what he does.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The damn Germans got nothin' to do with it!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

When was the last time he was right about anything?

I doubt he's starting now.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The damn Germans got nothin' to do with it!
Nothing to do with it? How can you say the bombing of Pearl Harbor is nothing, or Iwo Jima! And what about the Alamo, who can forget Rommel's assault on the Alamo? Put on a mask for Gods sake!