Author Topic: Georgia fourth-generation farmer rips Bill Gates as largest farmland owner in US: 'Hell yeah I have  (Read 448 times)

Online libertybele

I have huge concerns as well. The evil man isn't buying up farmland to be generous to the poor.

Georgia fourth-generation farmer rips Bill Gates as largest farmland owner in US: 'Hell yeah I have concerns'

A fourth-generation farmer in South Georgia, Will Harris, recently shared concerns about Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates allegedly becoming the largest individual farmland owner in the United States. 

Harris, the owner of White Oak Pastures, a six-generation 152-year-old family farm in Bluffton, Georgia, shared his concerns in a recent post to the farm’s Facebook page.

"Hell yeah I have concerns about Gates controlling farmland. Just like I don’t want a child abuser controlling even one child, I don’t want him to control a single acre," Harris wrote.

"First, land is precious," the post says. "It may be more precious than anything. I hate to see someone, who has no idea what to do with it, be put in a position to control it. How well do you think that I would do running a tech company or financial institution? It’s the same logic as letting a guy like Gates manage something as complex as an ecosystem. He lacks the understanding to steward it properly."

"Second, the whole deal has been kept way too secretive," the post continues. "An article that was dated May 4, 2021, informed us that Gates has purchased over 200,000 acres in 18 states. Georgia was not listed as one of the 18 states, but an acquaintance of mine sold his farm located in Georgia to Gates prior to that time. What else are they lying about?"

"Third. Gates believes that the cure for all problems is more technology," the post notes. "Everything looks like a nail if your only tool is a hammer. I have a deep understanding of how misapplied technology is responsible for most of the land management problems that we are experiencing today."

Harris’ fourth concern is that Gates "is heavily invested in plant-based protein."

"He does not understand that proper animal impact is not responsible for climate change," Harris says. "In fact, proper animal impact is an essential component for the mitigation of climate change. This environmental mitigation cannot be replicated within a monocultural pea and soy farming operation..................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/georgia-fourth-generation-farmer-rips-bill-gates-largest-farmland-owner-hell-yeah-concerns
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Articulate dude and knows his stuff. That's a real farmer there.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like a true agriculture professional.

Is Gates buying crop land or land used for cattle, hogs, and poultry?

Is Gates buying land to use it, or to prevent it from being used for specific purposes?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:54:25 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Georgia Farmer Has Concerns About Bill Gates Being the Largest Farmland Owner in America
By Levon Satamian | Aug 05, 2022 8:30 AM ET

Will Harris, a fourth-generation farmer in South Georgia, says he has concerns about Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

Reportedly, Gates has become the largest private individual farmland owner in the United States.

https://twitter.com/ploughmansfolly/status/1554866907731398656

Harris is the owner of White Oak Pastures, a 152-year-old, six-generation family farm in Bluffton, Georgia. Harris’ first concern:

“Hell yeah I have concerns about Gates controlling farmland. Just like I don’t want a child abuser controlling even one child, I don’t want him to control a single acre … First, land is precious … It may be more precious than anything. I hate to see someone, who has no idea what to do with it, be put in a position to control it. How well do you think that I would do running a tech company or financial institution? It’s the same logic as letting a guy like Gates manage something as complex as an ecosystem. He lacks the understanding to steward it properly.”
Harris continued with his second concern:

“Second, the whole deal has been kept way too secretive … An article that was dated May 4, 2021, informed us that Gates has purchased over 200,000 acres in 18 states. Georgia was not listed as one of the 18 states, but an acquaintance of mine sold his farm located in Georgia to Gates prior to that time. What else are they lying about?”

more
https://redstate.com/levon/2022/08/05/georgia-farmer-has-concerns-about-bill-gates-being-the-largest-farmland-owner-in-america-n607262
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34