Author Topic: South Carolina man armed with rifle and tactical gear made fake 911 calls in 'ambush to kill cops,'  (Read 337 times)

Offline libertybele

South Carolina man armed with rifle and tactical gear made fake 911 calls in 'ambush to kill cops,' sheriff says

A South Carolina man wearing full tactical gear and equipped with a rifle was found dead Wednesday morning after luring police officers into a shooting ambush, authorities said.

One officer was injured after three sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call early Wednesday morning in the Carriage Oaks neighborhood of Columbia, S.C., Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a news conference.

Lott said that 25-year-old Frederick Westfall appears to have killed himself after shooting at the deputies who responded to his fake 911 call.

“I’m fortunate I’m not standing here and talking about a deputy being killed like we had in Spartanburg and in Cayce,” Lott said, in apparent reference to two recent incidents where police responding to domestic violence calls were killed by a shooter, the State reported. “Same type situation in that it was an ambush.”

At around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, three deputies responded to an address in Carriage Oaks after a 911 dispatcher received two separate calls from a man who said he'd heard a woman screaming for help. Upon arriving at the scene to investigate, the deputies went to the address given by the caller and found a woman who told them nothing was wrong. .........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/south-carolina-man-armed-with-rifle-and-tactical-gear-made-fake-911-calls-in-ambush-to-kill-cops-sheriff-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sick individuals that want to die but not go alone and forgotten. I hope every cop treats these calls as a potential ambush and not be caught unprepared. I remember back in the seventies there was number of these ambushes and attempted ambushes of police around Los Angeles, it was so bad I put the thought of being a police officer right out of my mind, besides there was always that mental evaluation thingy they have.