Author Topic: The US grid is ready for 100% renewables, says DoE  (Read 1079 times)

rebewranger

The US grid is ready for 100% renewables, says DoE
« on: August 04, 2022, 04:07:29 pm »
The US grid is ready for 100% renewables, says DoE
Brandon Vigliarolo - Yesterday 2:09 PM

The Biden administration is confident in the US's ability to demonstrate its power grid can run entirely on clean power, so it's giving the Department of Energy $26 million to stand up projects to do this.…

The announcement from the DoE said money from President Joe Biden's 2021 infrastructure bill will fund the endeavor, known as the Solar and Wind Grid Services and Reliability Demonstration (SWGSRD).

The demonstration initiative will see up to 10 solar, wind and energy storage projects deployed around the country at existing solar and wind facilities capable of generating at least 10 MW of power.

"Americans do not have to choose between a clean grid and a reliable one as we move forward towards our goals of a net-zero economy by 2050," said US Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm.

Clean energy detractors have long argued that a transition to green energy simply isn't possible due to reliability factors, which Granholm said the DoE will prove isn't the case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-us-grid-is-ready-for-100-renewables-says-doe/ar-AA10gKLA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2ba27a80b6f844b89b101a8a58e1ad62
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 04:09:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The US grid is ready for 100% renewables, says DoE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:17:12 pm »
If the US Grid is ready for 100% renewables, why do we need to waste $26 million?  Why don't we just flick the switch now?

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:24:23 pm »
Seems to me I recall the German's saying the same thing about their grid, and then the stories started about the failures. But that's just what I remember, like the time I took out this really mean dude called Corn Pop :tongue2:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 08:38:26 pm »
The reliability of solar

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 08:46:03 pm »
Seems to me I recall the German's saying the same thing about their grid, and then the stories started about the failures. But that's just what I remember, like the time I took out this really mean dude called Corn Pop :tongue2:

They did. They boasted about becoming the Saudi Arabia of renewables

Jennifer Granholm Knows nothing about US energy except she hates it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 08:47:37 pm »
Of course it's ready for renewables - since renewables are so unreliable, the burden on the grid from renewables would be significantly less than the burden on the grid from energy sources we could actually rely on.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 11:29:55 pm »
Of course it's ready for renewables - since renewables are so unreliable, the burden on the grid from renewables would be significantly less than the burden on the grid from energy sources we could actually rely on.
Kind of a match, no, unreliable energy into an unreliable grid? I actually got an add in the mail offering me the 'opportunity' to sign up with a company that provides 'green energy'. I could choose just what percentage of my electricity I wanted to be from 'green power generation' and they would sell that percentage to Edison for me and it would even save me money! Yeah right, save me money and Edison would know to transmit this 'green energy' to me, such a deal as my departed uncle was wont to say. Well I filed that offer in the dumpster.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 11:31:41 pm »
Kind of a match, no, unreliable energy into an unreliable grid? I actually got an add in the mail offering me the 'opportunity' to sign up with a company that provides 'green energy'. I could choose just what percentage of my electricity I wanted to be from 'green power generation' and they would sell that percentage to Edison for me and it would even save me money! Yeah right, save me money and Edison would know to transmit this 'green energy' to me, such a deal as my departed uncle was wont to say. Well I filed that offer in the dumpster.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 02:43:26 pm »
My town has one of those programs where town residents join a group purchase agreement for alternative energy.  They claim it will save money and save the Earth.

I call Shenanigans!

1.) Alternative energy is can't $ave me money because it's more expen$ive

2.) It has yet to be proven that alternative energy will save the Earth

3.) I don't like joining groups because it means I am submitting to an outside authority, not necessarily of my choosing

4.) I don't trust the Limousine Liberal Looney Left Moonbats to watch out for MY best interests

5.) How does the electric transmission company differentiate the electrons I'm purhcasing from evil fossil fuel and nuclear power generators, and my neighbors' electrons from mother-earth-lovin' solar and wind?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 04:08:22 pm »

:thumbsup:
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 04:37:17 pm »
Granholm's team nailed it baby......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 11:31:28 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 11:39:05 pm »
My town has one of those programs where town residents join a group purchase agreement for alternative energy.  They claim it will save money and save the Earth.

.  .  .

5.) How does the electric transmission company differentiate the electrons I'm purhcasing from evil fossil fuel and nuclear power generators, and my neighbors' electrons from mother-earth-lovin' solar and wind?

Algore defends his obscene energy usage at his Tennessee mansion by claiming that all the electricity he pulls from the grid is special offset green energy.  All this means is that there will be less of this offset energy for others to use.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-