Author Topic: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspends 'Soros-backed' state attorney who refused to enforce abortion ban  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspends 'Soros-backed' state attorney who refused to enforce abortion ban

DeSantis says Andrew Warren refused to enforce numerous Florida laws and wouldn't work with police

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended liberal State Attorney Andrew Warren on Thursday.

DeSantis made the announcement during a Thursday press conference broadcast on social media. DeSantis argued that Warren has repeatedly refused to enforce laws passed by the legislature cracking down on child sex change surgeries and abortion restrictions.

"We are suspending Soros-backed 13th circuit state attorney Andrew Warren for neglecting his duties as he pledges not to uphold the laws of the state," DeSantis' office said in a statement. The 13th circuit falls over Florida's Hillsborough County.

"The constitution of Florida has vested the veto power in the governor, not in state attorneys," DeSantis said. "We are not going to allow this pathogen of ignoring the law get a foothold in the state of Florida."

Excerpted, more at link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-gov-ron-desantis-suspends-liberal-state-attorney-andrew-warren
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The governor’s office warned Americans that the liberal media would suffer a meltdown over the suspension — and they will.

:pop41:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Go Ron!!!  He has proven to be a great conservative governor.  He is kicking booty.  The liberals can kiss his grits!   :rolling: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Go Ron!!!  He has proven to be a great conservative governor.  He is kicking booty.  The liberals can kiss his grits!   :rolling: :patriot: :patriot:

Yes, I think this is a great move to counter the "lawless left". Once again the governor is leading by example, imho.
Let it burn.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sherriff Grady Judd spoke at the DeSantis Presser.  Here are his 5 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH41HRrZNyg

Online libertybele

Sherriff Grady Judd spoke at the DeSantis Presser.  Here are his 5 minutes!

The sheriff made his point and it is important that DeSantis has as many sheriff's on his side as he can.

Ron is showing that he has zero tolerance for those trying to impose their liberalism in our state.

I pray the he continues to have a super majority behind him because he truly has utilized that advantage to advance conservatism.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Go Ron!!!  He has proven to be a great conservative governor.  He is kicking booty.  The liberals can kiss his grits!   

Does the governor in Florida have the authority to suspend (or fire) an elected --- not appointed --- state official @libertybele ?

Online libertybele

Does the governor in Florida have the authority to suspend (or fire) an elected --- not appointed --- state official @libertybele ?

*** Yes, as far as I can tell @Right_in_Virginia

It’s unclear if his removal from office is permanent. Under Florida law, the Florida Senate must decide whether to reinstate Warren or remove him completely. The Senate must send out a notice of an initial hearing within 90 days, per Senate rules — putting that deadline for Warren’s case just days before Election Day in November. Warren can also choose to fight his removal in court, which could push back that timeline.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/08/04/desantis-suspends-hillsborough-county-state-attorney-andrew-warren/

*** http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0100-0199/0112/Sections/0112.51.html
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 07:54:34 pm by libertybele »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
*** Yes, as far as I can tell @Right_in_Virginia

It’s unclear if his removal from office is permanent. Under Florida law, the Florida Senate must decide whether to reinstate Warren or remove him completely. The Senate must send out a notice of an initial hearing within 90 days, per Senate rules — putting that deadline for Warren’s case just days before Election Day in November. Warren can also choose to fight his removal in court, which could push back that timeline.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/08/04/desantis-suspends-hillsborough-county-state-attorney-andrew-warren/

*** http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0100-0199/0112/Sections/0112.51.html

Thanks, @libertybele!  Thank goodness you didn't leave us!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Yes, I think this is a great move to counter the "lawless left". Once again the governor is leading by example, imho.

I wish he had taken this action against the lawless left for other than abortion --- like street crime or sex trafficking instead.

Online libertybele

Online cato potatoe

I wish I could have seen this guy's face when he was canned.

Online libertybele

I wish I could have seen this guy's face when he was canned.

With a GOP majority in the Senate IMO he will likely be removed.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis Sends Cops To Physically Remove Suspended 'Soros-Backed' State Attorney

by Tyler Durden
Friday, Aug 05, 2022 - 03:11 AM

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has suspended State Attorney Andrew Warren for 'picking and choosing which laws to enforce based on his personal agenda,' and has appointed Susan Lopez as his replacement during the suspension.

Warren, who had served the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, has most recently refused to follow state policy criminalizing abortion in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade - and repeatedly refused to enforce laws cracking down on child sex-change surgeries, according to DeSantis.

The liberal state attorney also declined to prosecute 67 protesters arrested in George Floyd demonstrations, and said in 2017 that he would only pursue the death penalty "in the very worst cases," and not where "mental illness played a role."

"We are suspending Soros-backed 13th circuit state attorney Andrew Warren for neglecting his duties as he pledges not to uphold the laws of the state," DeSantis' office said in a statement, per Fox News.

Update: DeSantis sent state police to physically remove Warren from his office, "with access only to retrieve his personal belongings, and (ii) to ensure that no files, papers, documents, notes, records, computers, or removable storage media are removed from the Office of the State Attorney..."

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1555250279305555968

more
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/desantis-suspends-state-attorney-violating-oath-refusing-enforce-laws
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis Sends Cops To Physically Remove Suspended 'Soros-Backed' State Attorney

by Tyler Durden

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has suspended State Attorney Andrew Warren for 'picking and choosing which laws to enforce based on his personal agenda,' and has appointed Susan Lopez as his replacement during the suspension.

Warren, who had served the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, has most recently refused to follow state policy criminalizing abortion in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade - and repeatedly refused to enforce laws cracking down on child sex-change surgeries, according to DeSantis.

The liberal state attorney also declined to prosecute 67 protesters arrested in George Floyd demonstrations, and said in 2017 that he would only pursue the death penalty "in the very worst cases," and not where "mental illness played a role."

"We are suspending Soros-backed 13th circuit state attorney Andrew Warren for neglecting his duties as he pledges not to uphold the laws of the state," DeSantis' office said in a statement, per Fox News.

Update: DeSantis sent state police to physically remove Warren from his office, "with access only to retrieve his personal belongings, and (ii) to ensure that no files, papers, documents, notes, records, computers, or removable storage media are removed from the Office of the State Attorney..."

more
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/desantis-suspends-state-attorney-violating-oath-refusing-enforce-laws

SWEEET!!!!

Go DeSantis!

Online Wingnut

The OPed's  In the states liberal rags have started.  DeSantis really took the rats to the woodshed on this one and they are butt hurt from the ass whoopin.

https://www.ocala.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/05/desantis-florida-governor-controversy-removal-prosecutor-warren-tucker-carlson-applauds/10245320002/
Wannabe dictator or bold leader? DeSantis' removal of prosecutor ignites range of reactions...

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:17:56 pm by Wingnut »

Offline PeteS in CA

In the Wonderful World of IT, when an employee is laid off or fired, their computer access is cut off before they know they are laid off or fired. and security  accompanies them while cleaning out their office space and out the building door. This prevents harmful retaliation. DeSantis did the same with Andrew Warren, whose selective prosecution was and proved willingness to sabotage justice in his jurisdiction.

DeSantis and Abbott are showing that they are like Trump in at least one critical respect: They Fight!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:28:46 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

https://www.ocala.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/05/desantis-florida-governor-controversy-removal-prosecutor-warren-tucker-carlson-applauds/10245320002/
Wannabe dictator or bold leader? DeSantis' removal of prosecutor ignites range of reactions...

Yes, elections have consequences but is having police remove the elected official over this the solution we want to support?  @libertybele  (my resident expert) --- are recall elections possible in the great state of Florida?

FTA...

But those who have been removed in the past typically had been the focus of a major controversy.

“Governors remove people from office in local government all the time but usually there’s a scandal, a malfeasance in office,” noted Charles Zelden, a professor of history and political science at Nova Southeastern University.

Election problems in Palm Beach County in 2018 prompted DeSantis to remove the supervisor of elections. He also removed Broward County's sheriff after his agency was accused of mishandling the response to the mass shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Warren wasn’t accused of a single major misstep. Instead, local law enforcement leaders said he was soft on crime and DeSantis agreed, saying he didn’t do enough to enforce certain laws while also complaining about letters he signed stating he wouldn't enforce laws on abortion and transgender medical care.

“It’s basically a disagreement about policy and ideology and the governor’s trying to remove a prosecutor who was elected twice by the people of Tampa," said University of Central Florida political science professor Aubrey Jewett.

Online libertybele

Yes, elections have consequences but is having police remove the elected official over this the solution we want to support?  @libertybele  (my resident expert) --- are recall elections possible in the great state of Florida?

FTA...

I am hardly a resident "expert" @Right_in_Virginia and never proclaimed to be.  DeSantis suspended him not because of the issue of abortion, but over the fact that he didn't follow the laws in place.  I'll have to go back and look, but I don't remember the police actually removing him.

I am behind DeSantis in suspending an official who refuses to follow the law.

As I pointed out above in the statutes of FL, it take a vote of the Senate to actually remove him.

There was a Supervisor of Elections that was suspended and eventually fired for fraud during the last midterms.  So ... should we just look the other way @Right_in_Virginia ?

Personally, I would love it if Soros was no longer able to do business in this country, but he is too large and has too many companies and foot soldiers for that to become a reality.  DeSantis is merely not tolerating lawlessness.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:18:41 pm by libertybele »

I am hardly a resident "expert" @Right_in_Virginia and never proclaimed to be. 

Please, @libertybele   ... I meant it as a complliment ---- and still do.   : happy77

Personally, I would love it if Soros was no longer able to do business in this country, but he is too large and has too many companies and foot soldiers for that to become a reality.  DeSantis is merely not tolerating lawlessness.

The root of the lawlessness is Soros' bribery.  Surely there are enough GOP AG's to make this case.

by Tyler Durden

more

@libertybele

Offline Kamaji

In the Wonderful World of IT, when an employee is laid off or fired, their computer access is cut off before they know they are laid off or fired. and security  accompanies them while cleaning out their office space and out the building door. This prevents harmful retaliation. DeSantis did the same with Andrew Warren, whose selective prosecution was and proved willingness to sabotage justice in his jurisdiction.

DeSantis and Abbott are showing that they are like Trump in at least one critical respect: They Fight!

:thumbsup: