Author Topic: Coal industry ‘shocked and disheartened’ by Manchin climate deal  (Read 962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Coal industry ‘shocked and disheartened’ by Manchin climate deal
by Alexander Bolton - 08/03/22 4:40 PM ET

The West Virginia Coal Association and several other state-based coal industry groups on Wednesday blasted the tax and climate deal that Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) agreed to last week, warning it will “severely threaten American coal” and an estimated 381,000 jobs. 

“This legislation is so egregious, it leaves those of us that call Sen. Manchin a friend, shocked and disheartened,” the groups wrote in a blistering statement that accused the West Virginia senator of zigzagging in the energy debate. 

“Sen. Manchin has seemingly fought against numerous climate measures advanced over the past year by the national democratic establishment,” the groups said. “The current Schumer-Manchin draft agreement on climate and energy frankly leaves us questioning the motivation and sincerity of Manchin’s previous stance and his repeated chant: we must ‘innovate not eliminate.’”

The groups warn the deal Manchin crafted with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) after months of negotiation “will quickly diminish our coal producing operations and all but obviate any need to innovate coal assets.” 

The groups argue the bill — which Democrats have dubbed the Inflation Reduction Act and plan to pass this weekend — will do “nothing for coal or coal generation” and won’t reduce inflation or lower household energy costs.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3586854-coal-industry-shocked-and-disheartened-by-manchin-climate-deal/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Coal industry ‘shocked and disheartened’ by Manchin climate deal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 03:07:37 pm »
Vote for Democrats and get the shaft every time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 03:11:09 pm »
They have to find out the hard way
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:35:57 pm »
Manchin is representing himself and the DCP and not the people of West Virginia.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 05:41:27 pm »
Vote for Democrats and get the shaft every time!

Yep, and here's their sign.  Manchin sold them out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 05:41:32 pm »
Hey coal industry.  You knew Manchin was a snake.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 06:32:13 pm »
I am sitting on 500 acres of coal (3 layers thick, each richer than the other), that is currently too costly to mine at current prices. It was at one time my retirement plan.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 07:07:44 pm »
How many times does the coal industry need to be "shocked and disheartened" by this Rat before they stop electing him?  His treachery goes back years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 07:11:40 pm »
How many times does the coal industry need to be "shocked and disheartened" by this Rat before they stop electing him?  His treachery goes back years.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 07:34:42 pm »

That is what's confusing. How many times do you get burned by the same person before you realize that they're no good and lie? Unless, the election in WV has been bought. :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 07:36:32 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 07:35:57 pm »
I am sitting on 500 acres of coal (3 layers thick, each richer than the other), that is currently too costly to mine at current prices. It was at one time my retirement plan.

**nononono*  Praying that one day soon you will reap the benefit of those 500 acres.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 07:54:33 pm »

Maybe they'll crank those steel mills back up in Birmingham.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 07:55:45 pm »
Maybe they'll crank those steel mills back up in Birmingham.

Yup.  Steel needs Coke.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 08:05:00 pm »
Yup.  Steel needs Coke.

So does Hunter Biden.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 08:22:53 pm »
it will still be there for the kids and grandkids to enjoy.  not going anywhere.

just dont sell rights away
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 11:30:41 pm »
I Sailed observed:
"They have to find out the hard way"

Some will never "find out".
They'll just keep repeating their mistakes over and over and over and over.

"My great-grandaddy voted democrat",
"My grandaddy voted democrat",
"My daddy voted democrat",
"I'm a democrat -- I could NEVER vote for the evil Republicans".

What can be done with them?