Author Topic: ‘Blue Collar Tough Guy’ John Fetterman Lived off Parents’ Money Until His Mid-40s  (Read 658 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Blue Collar Tough Guy’ John Fetterman Lived off Parents’ Money Until His Mid-40s

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 4 Aug 2022

Pennsylvania Democrat U.S. Senate nominee John Fetterman’s “blue collar” image is being called into question after reports revealed he lived off of his parents’ money well into his mid-40s.

Although Fetterman runs ads that purport him to be a “blue collar tough guy,” his parents reportedly financially supported him while he served as mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania, for 13 years.

Fetterman, who has acknowledged his “cushy” suburban childhood, has openly admitted to the financial contributions his parents gave him as an adult.

For example, in 2015, his parents gave him $54,000, which he disclosed during his failed 2016 Senate candidacy, according to the Pennsylvania Inquirer. Both of his parents provided he and his wife four $13,500 gifts, totaling $54,000, which was just below the $14,000 threshold for taxable gifts at the time.

In addition, Fetterman’s father reportedly donated $100,000 single-candidate super PAC that backed his 2016 candidacy. Fetterman also received financial assistance from family members other than his parents. In 2013, he paid his sister $1 for a loft that she purchased for $70,000.

Fetterman’s annual salary while he served as Braddock mayor from 2006 to 2019 was $1,800.

Mehmet Oz’s campaign blasted Fetterman after reports revealed he received an adult allowance for so many years.

Oz campaign communications director Brittany Yanick told Fox News:

Here are facts: John Fetterman was living off of Daddy’s money until he was 46. During this period, he failed to pay his taxes 67 times. Now, he’s running for Senate, and wants to raise your taxes by trillions and spend billions more than even Biden. John Fetterman knows how to tweet, but apparently not how to type TurboTax.com. We suggest he take lessons in between his rush to get from one non-existent public event to the next

Oz called his opponent a “pretend populist” during an interview with Fox News.

“Many folks think it’s because of the way he dresses with his hoodies and his shorts that he’s been working his whole life. It’s quite the opposite,” Oz said.

In response, Fetterman’s campaign blasted Oz for being “an ultra-millionaire” and accused him of using his campaign to look out “for himself and his rich friends.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/04/blue-collar-tough-guy-john-fetterman-lived-off-parents-money-until-his-mid-40s/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:03:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Wouldn't this make him a role model for democrats?

Offline mountaineer

I don't know whether he's ever held a real job. But, to be fair, he's always needed a lot of money because he's a freakin' drug addict.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

And then there's his racism:
Fetterman's past gun incident rattles Black Democrats in Pa. Senate race
The incident took center stage in the race last week when John Fetterman’s two Democratic opponents excoriated him over his actions in 2013 and for his refusal to apologize.
April 25, 2022, 4:31 AM EDT
By Marc Caputo

John Fetterman said he heard what sounded like gunfire and saw a man running away. So he reacted by getting his kid inside to safety before he called 911.

What Fetterman did next, however, still haunts him nine years later as he campaigns for the Democratic nomination for the Senate in Pennsylvania: He chased the man down with a shotgun and detained him until police arrived.

It turned out that the man was jogging and wearing running clothes. According to a police report, the man was unarmed and said the sound of gunfire was actually fireworks, although two witnesses thought they heard shots.

The man Fetterman pulled a gun on is Black. Fetterman — the mayor of the Pittsburgh-area borough of Braddock at the time and now the state’s lieutenant governor — is white. Fetterman, 52, said he couldn’t tell the jogger's race initially because of how he was bundled up in the winter cold. ...
NBC News

Offline Kamaji

And then there's his racism:NBC News

He should be mercilessly hounded for that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In the Rat nomenclature, this is not a bug, it's a feature.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

And then there's his racism:

Well he's a Democrat, so . . .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If I saw that BigFoot looking mother chasing me I'd run like hell.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

And then there's his racism:NBC News

How is what he did racist? We shouldn’t adopt the left’s mindset where every incident involving a white person and a black person automatically qualifies as racism.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

How is what he did racist? We shouldn’t adopt the left’s mindset where every incident involving a white person and a black person automatically qualifies as racism.

By his and the democrats' own yard-stick it's racist.  They should be held to their own standards.

Online dfwgator

By his and the democrats' own yard-stick it's racist.  They should be held to their own standards.

Exactly, we can use Alinsky on them too.

Offline mountaineer

I think the conclusion was that Fetterman saw a black man and assumed he was a criminal.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Agree... in my mind's eye, I could see how everyone that tries to keep their neighborhood in shape could easily be painted with this racist stick.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....