Author Topic: First bus of migrants sent by Gov. Abbott in Texas arrives in NYC  (Read 1537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 First bus of migrants sent by Gov. Abbott in Texas arrives in NYC
By Callie Patteson   
August 5, 2022 9:56am

Just days after Mayor Eric Adams turned down Greg Abbott’s invitation to visit the southern border, the Texas governor sent a taste of the ongoing migrant surge to NYC’s doorstep — with the first busload of border-crossers arriving in Manhattan Friday morning.

The Republican governor revealed in a statement that the migrant bus arrived at Gate 14 of the Port Authority Bus Terminal, but did not provide any additional details — such as how many people were on board or their countries of origin.

The arrival of the migrants comes as Abbott has dispatched dozens of buses to Washington DC since April, transporting more than 6,100 migrants to the nation’s capital in “response to the Biden administration’s open border policies overwhelming Texas communities.”

“Because of President Biden’s continued refusal to acknowledge the crisis caused by his open border policies, the State of Texas has had to take unprecedented action to keep our communities safe,” Abbott said in his Friday statement.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/08/05/first-bus-of-migrants-from-texas-arrives-in-nyc-abbott-says/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: First bus of migrants sent by Gov. Abbott in Texas arrives in NYC
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 07:02:52 pm »
I am most certain Mayor Adams will personally welcome them with open arms as he represents a sanctuary city.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 07:40:41 pm »
My brother the Austinite is furious Abbott is sending the migrants up north...lol.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 08:05:18 pm »
I hope they were all given 'I Love NY' T-shirts, you know so they will fit in as locals....

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 08:30:30 pm »
My brother the Austinite is furious Abbott is sending the migrants up north...lol.

Key word, "Austinite". No sense of humor.  :rolling:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 04:04:14 am »

I assume he's opened his yard for the "settlers" to pitch tents?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 11:27:38 am »

Did your mother drop him on his head as a baby?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 11:56:45 am »
Did the Dims put up any signs to welcome the "New Democratic Voters"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 10:28:15 pm »
OK... how many "busloads" has Texas sent to New York and DC?

When they start sending 300 busloads EACH DAY to EACH DESTINATION, let me know.

That MIGHT start making a dent into the numbers of illegals pouring into Texas (and NM, AZ, and CA)...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2022, 12:47:16 am »
OK... how many "busloads" has Texas sent to New York and DC?

When they start sending 300 busloads EACH DAY to EACH DESTINATION, let me know.

That MIGHT start making a dent into the numbers of illegals pouring into Texas (and NM, AZ, and CA)...

The buses that have arrived totaled thousands, perhaps 10 thousand of "guests."  They are hurrying as slowly as they can.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022, 11:19:47 pm »
I am most certain Mayor Adams will personally welcome them with open arms as he represents a sanctuary city.
Well, he did, but to less than he expected.  Apparently, the illegals have anxiety over meeting the mayor.

Adams greets border-crossers — but suggests most skipped crime-riddled city over ‘fear’

Mayor Eric Adams greets asylum-seekers at the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Around 14 people got off the bus early Sunday, joining at least 50 who have already arrived in NYC.

The mayor suggested that the most likely reason was “that because of the fear that something was going to happen to them if they came to this location, people got off earlier.”

“And we are concerned about that because we don’t want people being dropped off [just] anywhere,” he said as the handful who did get off, including young kids, were processed and then led out to cabs.

The Post filmed Adams having a testy exchange with a woman who had helped shout orders in Spanish to get the handful of arrivals off the bus.
https://nypost.com/2022/08/07/mayor-eric-adams-greets-latest-border-crossers-in-nyc/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 01:10:54 am »

The mayor suggested that the most likely reason was “that because of the fear that something was going to happen to them if they came to this location, people got off earlier.”

@IsailedawayfromFR

Hard to believe a Mayor would actually say that out loud to reporters,ain't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!