Author Topic: Oregon to vote on strictest gun control in nation…  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Oregon to vote on strictest gun control in nation…
« on: August 04, 2022, 12:59:37 am »
Citizen Free Press 8/3/2022

If voters approve Measure 114, the “Changes to Gun Ownership and Purchase Requirements Initiative,” a permit would be required to obtain any firearm, magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds would be outlawed, some commonly used pump shotguns would be banned because they can exceed the 10 round limit, and State Police would be required to maintain a searchable public database of all permit applications.

The measure would enact a law requiring a permit issued by a local law enforcement agency to purchase any firearm. Applicants would have to pay a fee, be fingerprinted, complete safety training, and pass a criminal check.

“In order to obtain the permit, an applicant would have to show up with a firearm to demonstrate the ability to load, fire, unload, and store the firearm,” Williamson, an Oregon trial attorney specializing in firearms law, told The Epoch Times. “But you can’t get a firearm without the permit. And under Oregon’s highly restrictive gun storage laws, no one can legally loan a firearm to another. That creates an impassable barrier.”

More: https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/oregon-to-vote-on-strictest-gun-control-in-nation/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Oregon to vote on strictest gun control in nation…
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 01:16:47 am »
“In order to obtain the permit, an applicant would have to show up with a firearm to demonstrate the ability to load, fire, unload, and store the firearm,” Williamson, an Oregon trial attorney specializing in firearms law, told The Epoch Times. “But you can’t get a firearm without the permit.

Deliberate deadly embrace.... Make the process so stupid no one can comply

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 01:22:14 am »
Deliberate deadly embrace.... Make the process so stupid no one can comply

I can guarantee you - No one in eastern Oregon will comply... To include the sheriffs. It may mean they'll all have to hop across the  border to Idaho to buy new... But it won't stop cash sales or any other damn thing.

And the SCOTUS will strike it down soon enough.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 01:27:59 am »
Criminals will NOT be required to have a permit. And they will NEVER be prosecuted when caught with a weapon without a permit. This law is for stable working, law abiding family people who are trying to defend themselves. And those same stable working, law abiding people are going to flee the State. In 5 years, Oregon (Washington/California/New York/Minnesota among others) will be a lawless State, full of nothing but homeless and criminals.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 02:00:54 am »

And the SCOTUS will strike it down soon enough.

Soon Enough?  How long did it take for the New York case currently ruled by the Supreme court? About 4 years if I'm not mistaken.

2nd Amendment cases are never struck down "Soon Enough", if ever.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 02:10:20 am »
Soon Enough?  How long did it take for the New York case currently ruled by the Supreme court? About 4 years if I'm not mistaken.

2nd Amendment cases are never struck down "Soon Enough", if ever.

Actually, I don't think it will even make it to SCOTUS. Heller is in place and is the precedent - And in a state that outside of Portland LOVES guns, and needs em. It won't stand.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:51:02 am by roamer_1 »