Author Topic: Gun sales in deep blue Massachusetts hit record levels beginning in 2020, sparked by fear: Report  (Read 553 times)

Offline libertybele

Gun sales in deep blue Massachusetts hit record levels beginning in 2020, sparked by fear: Report

Gun sales in Massachusetts - a state with historically low firearm ownership - have skyrocketed since 2020, due in-part to people wanting to arm themselves out of fear, according to a new report.

Many customers "haven’t fully grasped the idea of wanting to own a firearm for defensive purposes, but something brought them here," Cape Gun Works co-owner Toby Leary told local outlet WBUR. "They feel like they’ve been spurred to do it based on what they see, or their own personal feelings about the world."

Leary said many of his customers during the pandemic and following months told him that they did not like guns, but that fear pushed them to make the purchase, WBUR reported.

The WBUR analysis published Wednesday found gun dealers in the state sold nearly 276,000 firearms from 2020 through 2021, with the majority of sales being handguns, at 64%, while 23% of the sales were for rifles. .............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-sales-deep-blue-massachusetts-hit-record-levels-beginning-2020-sparked-fear-report
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Defund The Police means its up to citizens to defend themselves.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
OK,I am going to play the role of Negative Nelly on this one.

These people don't know the first thing about guns,and if you asked them,most would probably tell you they hate guns

Which means most will get ZERO training on how to safely handle a gun,or when and where it might be appropriate to pull it on someone,as well as the fact that scared people tend to go wild pulling a trigger.

It is experienced gun owners who are self-confident who can draw down on a criminal and maybe convince him to give up so the police can arrest him,and who have the confidence and the ability to actually shoot what they want to hit if push comes to shove.

Also,an overlooked fact is this is where most of the illegally owned guns come from. Someone that hates guns will buy one out of panic,and a year or two later,either sell it to anyone who wants it,or put it in a closet and forget about it,resulting in one of his kids finding it,resulting in an accidental shooting.

We don't have most of these problems in rural areas of the south or west because people grow up handling and shooting guns when they are children,so they just see a gun as another tool or appliance they can use if they need to. There is nothing mysterious or magical about it. It's just a "thing".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Road, a movie made about 11 years ago.  When I saw it back then, I said no way it can happen.  Today, 2022, many people see it happening, or some version of it.  I meet people every week living in real fear for the future.

Imagine no food...not hard for most who are now living in fear
Imagine no energy, or long periods of no energy...again not hard for many now living in fear
How long will it take before roving bands are breaking into homes and taking everything not nailed down?  If you guessed days, perhaps 1-2 weeks, and total lawlessness.  Won't be any police, for they will be busy defending their own homes.

Your knowledge of using guns with a level of discern will not be necessary.  It will be shoot on sight anything that moves near your doorway.  If people are smart they will shoot first and answer questions later.  That will be the only way they get to live to see the next day, and that moment in time is right around the corner.

Have you seen the shelves lately?  Getting empty again, and yet no one in the media is saying a word.  Not good!!!

The supply chain issues are not being resolved, it is getting worse.

As  long as the Dems run the country, don't be surprised if CCP soldiers are patrolling our streets in the next 2.5 years.  You think our pride tutu military is going to defend this country?  Enlistment is down because who in their right mind would want to be a part of such a disgusting military?

I now consider anyone that is a Democommie to be an enemy of the USA.  And they run everything.  If ever there was a time our Constitution means everything to our survival and the Democommies are trying to erase the Constitution, it is now.

In the effort to rescue our republic, the compelling question is what becomes of the folks committing treason to this nation?  If it is the swamp mindset of Donald J. Trump as it pertained to Hillary Clinton, and just let her be, then our republic remains on a track to end permanently.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:28:09 am by jafo2010 »

Offline libertybele

The Road, a movie made about 11 years ago.  When I saw it back then, I said no way it can happen.  Today, 2022, many people see it happening, or some version of it.  I meet people every week living in real fear for the future.

Imagine no food...not hard for most who are now living in fear
Imagine no energy, or long periods of no energy...again not hard for many now living in fear
How long will it take before roving bands are breaking into homes and taking everything not nailed down?  If you guessed days, perhaps 1-2 weeks, and total lawlessness.  Won't be any police, for they will be busy defending their own homes.

Your knowledge of using guns with a level of discern will not be necessary.  It will be shoot on sight anything that moves near your doorway.  If people are smart they will shoot first and answer questions later.  That will be the only way they get to live to see the next day, and that moment in time is right around the corner.

Have you seen the shelves lately?  Getting empty again, and yet no one in the media is saying a word.  Not good!!!

The supply chain issues are not being resolved, it is getting worse.

As  long as the Dems run the country, don't be surprised if CCP soldiers are patrolling our streets in the next 2.5 years.  You think our pride tutu military is going to defend this country?  Enlistment is down because who in their right mind would want to be a part of such a disgusting military?

I now consider anyone that is a Democommie to be an enemy of the USA.  And they run everything.  If ever there was a time our Constitution means everything to our survival and the Democommies are trying to erase the Constitution, it is now.

In the effort to rescue our republic, the compelling question is what becomes of the folks committing treason to this nation?  If it is the swamp mindset of Donald J. Trump as it pertained to Hillary Clinton, and just let her be, then our republic remains on a track to end permanently.

I agree with what you have posted.

One thing that has always troubled me was DJT's attitude towards Clinton. He was harder on members of his own party than he was on her. What was his reasoning for not locking her up as he proclaimed he was going to do?

I wish I could be more optimistic but I don't see those in the swamp being held accountable and yes, we are on track for our Republic to cease as we know her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The UGLY TRUTH is that the USA is not being governed a whole lot different than present day Russia.  We have a pinch less totalitarian behavior, but the Dems are working hard to bring that about.

Like Hitler, Stalin, etc, they know they need to get the guns.  They are trying, and now you have RINO rats like Cronyn in Texas turning their backs on the 2nd Amendment to bring forth totalitarian control.  It is absolutely necessary for the globalists to align the USA as a slave state, their intention for the world.

Either the American people awaken to what these people are doing and deal with them in the harshest ways possible, or they eventually win.  Trump I am now convinced is part of the swamp.  He uses empty rhetoric and on key issues does just the opposite as promised.  He did not build the wall, he did not end the H1-b Visa program.  These two aw-sh*ts wiped all the good he accomplished.  Biden wiped out the rest, and is actively destroying the USA to benefit his benefactor, the CCP.  His whole family sold out to the CCP.  Biden has replaced Benedict Arnold as the poster boy for treason.  And our worthless Congress does nothing.  That makes them complicit with traitors.  It is an absolute ugly situation.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: