Author Topic: Democrats’ plan would decrease deficit by more than $100B: CBO  (Read 522 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :poo:

Democrats’ plan would decrease deficit by more than $100B: CBO

by Aris Folley - 08/03/22 3:01 PM ET

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Wednesday released estimates for Democrats’ sprawling reconciliation plan, forecasting the legislation would lead to a net deficit decrease of more than $102 billion over roughly the next decade.

The estimates from the nonpartisan budget scorekeeper come as Democrats are moving quickly to pass the mammoth bill, dubbed the Inflation Reduction Act, later this month.

— Developing

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3586660-democrats-plan-would-decrease-deficit-by-more-than-100b-cbo/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Democrats’ plan would decrease deficit by more than $100B: CBO
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 08:16:43 pm »
Do these people have any idea how asinine this sounds?  Why not simply cut spending by $10 billion.  It would have the same effect on the deficit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:07 pm »
How many times over the last several years has the CBO made this claim re: spending bills only to have the deficit reduction not materialize?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 08:44:03 pm »
How many times over the last several years has the CBO made this claim re: spending bills only to have the deficit reduction not materialize?

CBO is also a lot of GIGO - Congress tells it what assumptions to make in grading a bill, and CBO accepts those assumptions no matter how ridiculous.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 08:55:34 pm »
The most insulting part of all is that they are talking about the annual deficit - not the national debt.  And by their statement, they openly acknowledge that we will still be adding to the debt ten years down the road with deficit spending, just slightly less.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 08:58:08 pm »
The most insulting part of all is that they are talking about the annual deficit - not the national debt.  And by their statement, they openly acknowledge that we will still be adding to the debt ten years down the road with deficit spending, just slightly less.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 09:19:37 pm »

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright