Author Topic: Ten career criminals racked up nearly 500 arrests since NY bail reform began  (Read 479 times)

Offline Kamaji

10 career criminals racked up nearly 500 arrests since NY bail reform began

By Bernadette Hogan and Bruce Golding
August 3, 2022

A small group of just 10 career criminals was allowed to run amok across the Big Apple and rack up nearly 500 arrests after New York enacted its controversial bail-reform law — and most of them are still out on the streets, The Post has learned.

Stunning statistics compiled by the NYPD show that the city’s alleged “worst of the worst” repeat offenders have been busted a total of 485 times since bail reform went into effect in 2020.

Two of the unidentified defendants are actually accused of embarking on lives of crime in the wake of bail reform, with one busted 33 times since 2020 and the other busted 22 times, all this year, the data shows.

Mayor Eric Adams — who’s been demanding that state legislators roll back the bail-reform law to crack down on repeat offenders — is expected to discuss the disturbing findings Wednesday during an afternoon news conference at One Police Plaza.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/03/career-criminals-rack-up-nearly-500-arrests-since-ny-bail-reform-began/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sounds like an idea for a new reality TV show ... Career Criminal Olympics
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Sounds like an idea for a new reality TV show ... Career Criminal Olympics

Sort of like those moonshiner reality shows?

Offline andy58-in-nh

I suppose this should serve as a reminder that not all career criminals are in Congress.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online dfwgator

Just giving the people what they voted for.

Offline Kamaji

I suppose this should serve as a reminder that not all career criminals are in Congress.

:silly: