Author Topic: Two ‘Squad’ members survive primary challenges  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two ‘Squad’ members survive primary challenges
« on: August 03, 2022, 04:03:06 pm »
 Two ‘Squad’ members survive primary challenges
by Zach Schonfeld - 08/03/22 8:05 AM ET

Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Cori Bush (D-Mo.), two progressive lawmakers who are members of the “Squad,” fended off primary challengers on Tuesday, making them favorites to win their third and second terms, respectively.

Bush earned 69.5 percent of the vote in her primary, easily beating out Missouri state Sen. Steve Roberts, who garnered 26.6 percent of the vote.

Roberts had run a more moderate campaign, saying Bush put “publicity” ahead of her constituents in the district, which includes St. Louis and nearby suburbs, and noting her votes against legislation like the bipartisan infrastructure bill.

“For anyone who wondered if you can go to Congress as a single mom, nurse, pastor, politivist, & survivor, be your full self, vote your conscience, deliver for your community and get re-elected—St. Louis and I have our answer,” Bush tweeted on Tuesday evening shortly after The Associated Press called the race in her favor.

In Michigan, Tlaib also easily won her primary against three major challengers, garnering 66.5 percent of the vote. The AP called the race early Wednesday morning.

She beat out Detroit City Clerk Janice Winfrey, who earned 18.4 percent of the vote; Lathrup Village Mayor Kelly Garrett, who earned 10.2 percent; and former state Rep. Shanelle Jackson, who earned 4.9 percent.

The two races were recent bright spots for progressives, who have had a mixed track record in 2022.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3585952-two-squad-members-survive-primary-challenges/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Two ‘Squad’ members survive primary challenges
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 04:24:22 pm »
I can understand this happening in Michigan. They are almost all card-carrying commie union members,but Mo????

Does St.Louis REALLY have that many communist voters?

Not that they are smart enough to realize they are voting for communist masters,mind you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 04:51:22 pm »
I can understand this happening in Michigan. They are almost all card-carrying commie union members,but Mo????

Does St.Louis REALLY have that many communist voters?

Not that they are smart enough to realize they are voting for communist masters,mind you.

Unfortunately @sneakypete St. Louis is a Democrat cess pool and has been for a LONG time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 04:56:02 pm »
Unfortunately @sneakypete St. Louis is a Democrat cess pool and has been for a LONG time.

Amen. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:58:24 pm »
That's a shame.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 05:06:52 pm »
That's a shame.

They try damned hard to do for Missouri what Chicago does for Illinois.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien