Author Topic: ANTI TRUMP PETER MEIJER WHO VOTED FOR IMPEACHMENT LOSES PRIMARY RACE IN SHOCKING UPSET  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Hoodat

ANTI TRUMP PETER MEIJER WHO VOTED FOR IMPEACHMENT LOSES PRIMARY RACE IN SHOCKING UPSET

IAN MACDONALD  |  AUGUST 3, 2022

Cook Political’s Dave Wasserman was shocked to see U.S. House Rep Peter Meijer (R-MI) lose his Republican primary to John Gibbs.

Wasserman went on to detail how anti-Trump Republicans are at risk of becoming an endangered species so to speak.

“Meijer is the second pro-impeachment Republican to lose a primary (four others opted to retire). With no realistic primary path for #WYAL Rep. Liz Cheney (R), there will be at most 3/10 pro-impeachment Rs remaining in the House in 2023.

I’ve seen enough: Trump-endorsed John Gibbs (R) defeats pro-impeachment Rep. Peter Meijer (R) in the #MI03 GOP primary and will face Hillary Scholten (D) in November. Rating change: @CookPolitical will be moving #MI03 from Toss Up to Lean D.”  .  .  .

https://mediarightnews.com/anti-trump-peter-meijer-who-voted-for-impeachment-loses-primary-race-in-shocking-upset/

I disagree with Cook Political's new assessment.  Gibbs has a great shot at winning in November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

Waive bye-bye to that seat. 

Offline dfwgator

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you live in the district @cato potatoe ?

Offline Hoodat

You don't think Gibbs has what it takes to win in November?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

"Trump-endorsed Republican who defeated pro-impeachment RINO Pete Meijer gets call from TRUMP moments after MASSIVE win— "  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1554863453793402880

Offline dfwgator

Got news for you, Meijer definitely would not have won in November.

Got news for you, Meijer definitely would not have won in November.

Good point!

Online cato potatoe

Do you live in the district @cato potatoe ?

Don't have to.  Michigan 3rd went from R+9 to D+3 after redistricting, so it was going to be close.  The dems interfered to assist the less viable challenger. 

Offline Hoodat

Don't have to.  Michigan 3rd went from R+9 to D+3 after redistricting, so it was going to be close.

If it is now D+3, then what difference does it make that Meijer is not the GOP candidate?  Are you suggesting Meijer would win in November while Gibbs will not?  And what evidence do you have that Democrats helped Gibbs defeat Meijer?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

If it is now D+3, then what difference does it make that Meijer is not the GOP candidate?  Are you suggesting Meijer would win in November while Gibbs will not?  And what evidence do you have that Democrats helped Gibbs defeat Meijer?

Trump's brand was weak around Grand Rapids.  He did worse than any Republican since Barry Goldwater, and it was one of the reasons he lost the state in 2020.  The dems bankrolled Meijer's trumpy challenger in order to flip the seat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/moderate-gop-rep-peter-meijer-trashes-dems-for-bankrolling-his-maga-foe-in-scathing-op-ed-selling-out-any-pretense-of-principle/ar-AA10bxjM

Offline Hoodat

Trump's brand was weak around Grand Rapids.  He did worse than any Republican since Barry Goldwater, and it was one of the reasons he lost the state in 2020.  The dems bankrolled Meijer's trumpy challenger in order to flip the seat.

I didn't ask you about Trump.  I asked you about Gibbs.  And again, what evidence do you have that Democrats bankrolled Gibbs campaign?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:29:18 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

I didn't ask you about Trump.  I asked you about Gibbs.  And again, what evidence do you have that Democrats bankrolled Gibbs campaign?

The Democrats paid for pro-Gibbs ads in Michigan:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2022/democrat-ad-spending-republican-trump/

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The ad in the link is a negative ad against Gibbs.  That's not my idea of supporting a candidate.  The Democrats may think so, but then the Democrats are idiots.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,Meijer is the young looking white guy.

BTW-2. Just out of curiosity,am I the only one thrilled to see black Republicans running for office and winning?

If the Dims lose the black vote,it's over for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@cato potatoe

You don't think Gibbs can win?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Democrats paid for pro-Gibbs ads in Michigan:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2022/democrat-ad-spending-republican-trump/

@Kamaji

That's just going to make it sweeter if he wins.

Hell,it almost makes ME want to move to yankee land,just so I can vote for him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Interesting.  I will look into that.

@Hoodat

So what if they did?

That is the sort of thing that can backfire on you.

Offline LMAO

BTW-2. Just out of curiosity,am I the only one thrilled to see black Republicans running for office and winning?

No to your first sentence. And that goes for Hispanics.

The Democrats know that they cannot afford to lose any of the black vote and that’s why they’ve engaged so heavily into racial politics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

@Kamaji

That's just going to make it sweeter if he wins.

Yep.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

BTW,Meijer is the young looking white guy.

Not the only one.