Author Topic: Manchin Flips on Prior Blame of Biden Admin. for Inflation: ‘Not my Job Here to Blame People’  (Read 475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin Flips on Prior Blame of Biden Admin. for Inflation: ‘Not my Job Here to Blame People’

Ian Hanchett 2 Aug 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) responded to a question on who should be blamed for inflation by stating that it’s “not my job here to blame people. You want to blame people, you’ll never get anything accomplished. I’m here to get things done.”

Host Sara Eisen asked, “You’ve been critical, Sen. Manchin, of the Federal Reserve in the past for being late and slow when it comes to the inflation fight. Do you think they’re doing a good job now?”

Manchin acknowledged his past criticism of the Fed, adding, “Well, they’re coming on now. They’re doing their job now. It took them a little while to get kicked in. But they’re doing their job. Let’s just see what happens. But we can do an awful lot more, basically, by producing, taking the chains off of production for energy, let our oil companies do what they do, let our natural gas companies — let’s build some pipelines, let’s get some things done here.”

After Manchin stated that inflation is harmful, Eisen asked, “Who owns that, who should get the blame for that? The Fed? The Biden administration? Congress? You guys passed $2 trillion of spending at a time [when] America was reopening?”

Manchin responded, “Sara, that’s not my job here to blame people. You want to blame people, you’ll never get anything accomplished. I’m here to get things done. My Republican friends are upset right now, for whatever reason, I don’t know. These are still my friends, they’ll always be my friends, and we work very well together. We did three things they told me to do. They’ve always said, can’t we produce more? Absolutely. Can’t we pay down debt? Absolutely. Can we streamline the permitting process? Absolutely. In a normal time that wasn’t this toxic because people hate each other so bad, I love them all. … This is an American bill. Let the American people have a win. One time, let them have a win.”

Back in April 2022, Manchin reacted to the inflation numbers released that month by stating that “The Federal Reserve and the [a]dministration failed to act fast enough, and today’s data is a snapshot in time of the consequences being felt across the country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/02/manchin-flips-on-prior-blame-of-biden-admin-for-inflation-not-my-job-here-to-blame-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Manchin shows the real a$$hole he is.

Offline dfwgator

The guy is so spineless he'd be the perfect Republican.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe they told him they'd reverse the steal and give his seat away next election, or found some dirt on the guy that could be hyped enough to force resignation. It looks like the Dems have flogged him back into line, however much or little that took.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji