Author Topic: Into the weeds: Here's what's in the Senate Democrats' long-awaited marijuana bill  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
MJ  would not have to be changed off of the 4473. It says UNLAWFUL. If MJ is legalized federally then it would be unlawful for 18yo to 21yo to use it. Anyone over 21yo would be LAWFUL use of MJ. The question on the 4473 remains valid.

Aha!  I get your point now.  Sorry, took me awhile...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

I'm not the smartest in the world...but shouldn't this be a state issue? But of course the Feds wouldn't get their cut.

IMHO, the feds should be taking up far more important issues...like they did with lynching. /s Of course it's difficult to multi-task as Rome burns.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats sold us that gambling would save this nation, and now drugs will.  There are always some that believe any crap democrats can drudge out of A SEPTIC TANK.  Expect the drugs will save this nation no better than drugs, in fact probably do far more damage than the promises made on drugs behalf.  Will the democrats then demand Mexican drug lords here disarm, instead of democrats arming them?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 02:43:42 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
MJ  would not have to be changed off of the 4473. It says UNLAWFUL. If MJ is legalized federally then it would be unlawful for 18yo to 21yo to use it. Anyone over 21yo would be LAWFUL use of MJ. The question on the 4473 remains valid.
Right, if the intent was to suddenly declare it okay to use marijuana and have a firearm.

Instead, I think it more likely (especially with a rabidly anti-gun ATF) that the form would be changed simply to "user of marijuana..." without regard to legality. Otherwise, anyone with a Medical Card would be okay as things stand, and I do not believe that is the case.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

Right, if the intent was to suddenly declare it okay to use marijuana and have a firearm.

Instead, I think it more likely (especially with a rabidly anti-gun ATF) that the form would be changed simply to "user of marijuana..." without regard to legality. Otherwise, anyone with a Medical Card would be okay as things stand, and I do not believe that is the case.
If that was the case then they could use anything as a disqualifier like alcohol or prescription medication. I wouldn't put it past the gun grabbers if they thought they could get away with it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:47:29 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If that was the case then they could use anything as a disqualified like alcohol or prescription medication. I wouldn't put it past the gun grabbers if they thought they could get away with it.
They are working on it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis