Author Topic: Manchin Shouts ‘I’m Not Going To Talk About It’ Four Straight Times During Interview On MSNBC  (Read 288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin Shouts ‘I’m Not Going To Talk About It’ Four Straight Times During Interview On MSNBC

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
August 02, 2022 1:41 PM ET

Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin got into a shouting match Tuesday with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell when asked why he won’t say whether he would support President Joe Biden should he run for re-election.

The duo discussed the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, which Manchin threw his support behind despite criticism that the bill would have little to no impact on current inflation woes.

Mitchell switched gears slightly, referencing Manchin’s Sunday appearance on “Meet the Press,” during which the senator said he would only endorse candidates in the midterms on an individual basis.

“You said you would decide based on individual candidates I think,” Mitchell said. “Would you support Joe Biden if he’s on the ticket in 2024 as the Democratic President seeking re-election?”

“Let me make it very, very clear. This is the most- one of the most important pieces of legislation in my lifetime that we’ve ever done, to have energy security, to fight inflation, to help our geopolitical — ”

“And you’ve worked with a Democratic White House on it,” Mitchell said.

“That’s exactly — I’m working with them on it. I’m very appreciative, but for me to bring politics into it, oh, this is a Democrat bill, this is an anti- Republican bill, this is not. I’m not talking about the 2022 election and 2024. I have no control over those elections. And I’m not going to talk about them that will skew one of the greatest pieces of legislation, and I’m very appreciative that the president has seen it, he’s approved it, he supports it. God Bless him for that. It’s great for America. Can’t we do something for our country without having to bring politics into it? That’s all I want to talk about.”

“You’re a Democratic senator,” Mitchell said.

“I’m not going to talk about it,” Manchin shot back.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/02/joe-manchin-msnbc-andrea-mitchell/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would not want to hear about how majorly I get screwed, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sounds like Chucky & Co. took him to the woodshed...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis