Author Topic: Tiger Woods turned down at least $700M from Saudi-funded LIV Golf series  (Read 772 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tiger-woods-turned-least-700m-saudi-funded-liv-golf-series-greg-norman-rcna41143
=================================================================================

<snipit>

Golf icon Tiger Woods turned down at least $700 million from the Saudi-funded LIV Golf series, which had sought his "needle-mover" name, the head of that league said Monday.

In a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the host asked LIV CEO Greg Norman if his tour had offered Woods between $700 million and $800 million to play.

"And, look, Tiger is a needle-mover right? So of course you have to look at the best of the best,” Norman told Carlson.

“So they had originally approached Tiger before I became CEO. So, yes, that number was somewhere in that neighborhood.”

=================================================================================

Considering he may not ever win another tournamment due to his earlier severe injuries, its a pretty gutsy move, I'd say
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tiger-woods-turned-least-700m-saudi-funded-liv-golf-series-greg-norman-rcna41143

<snipit>

Golf icon Tiger Woods turned down at least $700 million from the Saudi-funded LIV Golf series, which had sought his "needle-mover" name, the head of that league said Monday.

In a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the host asked LIV CEO Greg Norman if his tour had offered Woods between $700 million and $800 million to play.

"And, look, Tiger is a needle-mover right? So of course you have to look at the best of the best,” Norman told Carlson.

“So they had originally approached Tiger before I became CEO. So, yes, that number was somewhere in that neighborhood.”

Considering he may not ever win another tournamment due to his earlier severe injuries, its a pretty gutsy move, I'd say

What you say is true. I didn't initially look at it that way.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 08:08:36 pm by berdie »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What you say is true. I didn't initially look at it that way.

It's still a class act.  That would have been paid win or lose.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

David Feherty Gets Honest, Says Money And Cancel Culture Pushed Him To Join LIV Golf
by Mark Harris
about 17 hours agoupdated about 13 hours ago   
After spending nearly 30 years as a golf broadcaster with CBS and NBC, David Feherty surprisingly joined LIV Golf. Unlike most golfers who have made the jump to the Saudi-backed series, Feherty isn’t hiding that money played a huge part in him making the move. Money, and getting away from cancel culture, too.

The biggest gripe fans and the media have had when it comes to golfers explaining why they joined LIV Golf is them not mentioning money as a factor.

Many players have given the ‘we’re here to grow the game of golf’ spiel, which is laughable. A number of players have reportedly been paid well over $50 million to join LIV Golf.

Feherty has refreshingly said he joined because of the money.

“Money,” Feherty told the Toledo Blade when asked why he joined LIV Golf. “People don’t talk about it. I hear, ‘Well, it’s to grow the game.’ Bullsh-t they paid me a lot of money.”  ...

“An opportunity to be myself again,” Feherty said. “It’s become more and more difficult, especially in sports broadcasting, to have any kind of character. Charles Barkley can say pretty much anything he wants, because it’s, ‘Oh, that’s just Charles.’ And it is just Charles. But I have become more and more guarded over the last few years.”

“There are people waiting around every corner hoping to be offended by something. [Expletive] those people. Our lives are being shaped by small groups of mean-spirited people who have no sense of humor. We’re in danger of losing our national sense of humor because of this.” ...
Outkick

More Outkick articles about the LIV tour here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

“There are people waiting around every corner hoping to be offended by something. [Expletive] those people. Our lives are being shaped by small groups of mean-spirited people who have no sense of humor. We’re in danger of losing our national sense of humor because of this.” ...

Not just our national sense of humor.  But otherwise, spot on.