Author Topic: Democratic anxiety grows over Sinema’s silence  (Read 306 times)

Offline corbe

Democratic anxiety grows over Sinema’s silence
« on: August 02, 2022, 02:11:19 pm »
Democratic anxiety grows over Sinema’s silence

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON AND AMIE PARNES - 08/01/22 7:00 PM ET

Senate Democrats are growing more anxious over maverick Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (D-Ariz.) five-day silence on a sweeping proposal to reform the tax code, tackle climate change and reduce the federal deficit.

Democratic lawmakers are privately worried that Sinema’s not happy about being left out of the negotiations between Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and centrist Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), which resulted in a surprise announcement last week of a major deal.   

News of the deal, which surfaced hours after the Senate passed a $280 billion microchips and science bill, outraged Republican senators, several of whom have a close relationship with Sinema.   

Sinema’s office said last week that she would carefully review the legislation before stating a position on it, leaving her Democratic colleagues anxiously waiting.   

Manchin acknowledged to reporters Monday that Sinema was left out of last week’s quiet negotiations with Schumer, even though she had played a key role in talks with the White House last year.   

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3583461-democratic-anxiety-grows-over-sinemas-silence/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Democratic anxiety grows over Sinema’s silence
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 02:11:50 pm »
   Like Manchin, she'll cave.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 02:17:21 pm »

If she doesn't cave, we have about 15 Republican Senators that will step up to take her place.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 02:55:04 pm »

Of this I am 100% certain.  She's just playing the fish right now, before she reels it in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 02:56:15 pm »
I think she has a price.  I am guessing it isn't that high.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 02:59:55 pm »
I think she has a price.  I am guessing it isn't that high.

She gets daily beatings on Twitter from the far left.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: